PDA

View Full Version : Changes for the 2nd

vindeshi
April 24, 2006, 10:30 AM
What Major changes you would like to see in the second ODI?

shimraj
April 24, 2006, 12:11 PM
Although I voted for Alok, but I think he was injured just before the start of the first ODI. I think there should be another option in the poll: temperament.

Fazal
April 24, 2006, 01:02 PM
Vindeshi Bhai,

These are not mutual exclusive choice. Should have been mutiple choice.

For example some selecting "Replace Asraful & take Alok Kapali." may also select "Utilize Alok's leg spin cos last match spinners slowed the Aus innings".

TheProfessor
April 25, 2006, 01:01 AM
This thread would serve much better as a regular thread rather than a poll!! There are a number of potential Major Changes not included among the options.

cricketboy
April 25, 2006, 01:44 AM
My 2nd ODI team:(in my preferred batting order)
Rajin Saleh
Shahriar Nafees
Mohammad Ashraful (LAST CHANCE)
Habibul Bashar
Alok Kapali
Aftab ahmed
Khaled masud
Md. Rafique
Mashrafe Mortaza
Razzak Raj
Shahadat Hossain (If Rana was in the team I would have picked him here, no use playing with 2 pacers in Fatullah)

If Ash flops Tushar comes back in the team for the 3rd ODI. :flag:

Hasib
April 25, 2006, 01:50 AM
Well im not too sure but since we had an upper order callopse it would be safe to bring JO back in....unless ofcourse Rajin is given specific instructions to see of the new ball and THEN launch instead of the big stuff up in the 1st ODI.

thebest
April 25, 2006, 02:46 AM
Well im not too sure but since we had an upper order callopse it would be safe to bring JO back in.
How many times we have to prove JO is not the anti-dote of collapse rather reasons of collapse. Please re-read this (http://spitfirex86.googlepages.com/golla.html). His ODI is specfically mentioned there.
I am quoting from that on the issue of the myth he is a collapse stopper
It is very difficult to prove. First of all how many fall of wicket in how many runs should be considered as batting collapse? 2, 3 or 4 in 20, 30 or 40 runs? But a look at the data relived me from forming the definition of the collapse. As in 40 cases out of 49 he is out before the fall of 4th wicket i.e. he is out by the time our 3rd wicket fall. The average run on board when he got out is a little over 47 (taking out the NO out of equation). The most interesting thing is that his poor strike rate (52%) actually lead to downfall of his partners. He played 54% of the ball in partnerships while scoring 41.59% of runs. His partners have scored run a ball (strike rate of 100.13%) in partnership. This may lead to their downfall. So numbers does not prove that he is an antidote for batting collapse of Bangladesh instead he may be the reason of top order collapse.

I only want him in ODI of Bangladesh as 12th man replacing weak fielder like Rasel

Hasib
April 25, 2006, 03:48 AM
When JO survives the 1st 10 overs bangladesh on avarage scores a LOT more runs. When he fails the average is 169.38 when he doesnt fail its 203.64...BIG difference....so clearly JO does help at the top.

Shaan
April 25, 2006, 04:41 AM
My 2nd ODI team:(in my preferred batting order)
Rajin Saleh
Shahriar Nafees
Mohammad Ashraful (LAST CHANCE)
Habibul Bashar
Alok Kapali
Aftab ahmed
Khaled masud
Md. Rafique
Mashrafe Mortaza
Razzak Raj
Shahadat Hossain (If Rana was in the team I would have picked him here, no use playing with 2 pacers in Fatullah)

If Ash flops Tushar comes back in the team for the 3rd ODI. :flag:

Agree with you..

Sovik
April 25, 2006, 05:00 AM
You are talking about a player who scored 20 runs and took 1 wicket and keeping a batsman he is not in form and scored 5 off 23

salu
April 25, 2006, 05:31 AM
No Matter Who Is Playing-bd Will Definitely Win In 2nd Odi,just Wait And See-even No Matter The Toss

thebest
April 25, 2006, 05:44 AM
When JO survives the 1st 10 overs bangladesh on avarage scores a LOT more runs. When he fails the average is 169.38 when he doesnt fail its 203.64...BIG difference....so clearly JO does help at the top.

Actually the average is 167.87 and 199.8 according to my data tht i mentioned in the link. But unfortuanately he was there after 10 overs only 21 times out of 49 innings (around 43%). And if u take out Kenya/ Zim/HongKong the supposed weak team it comes down to 15 out of 40 (37%). A drop of 6% againest comparitively strong opposition and this include SL, India. so he is also a great player againest minnow though not in Rokon scale. At least Rokon know how to bash minnow. He is neither here not there.

Sovik
April 25, 2006, 06:38 AM
No matter what, JO is keep coming up. Enough bashing and loving with him. we need to leave him alone. cause he is not in odi team and we don't have any test matches in this year. so his interational career may be over.

I think we should give some credit to javed. he tried really hard. with any talent what so ever, that guy served bangladesh cricket. he is a great fielder and a team man