PDA

View Full Version : This is a Very Tough Quiz: Dare to Take?

babubangla
April 24, 2006, 03:02 PM
Don’t waste your time trying to look it up on Cricinfo.
The answer is certainly there, but you probably won’t be able to find it.
This is a very tough quiz.

Mark Alleyne (England), Andy Blignaut (Zimbabwe) and Muttiah Muralitharan (Sri Lanka) are related in a very special way. They are the only three players who experienced an incident in their ODI career against Bangladesh. What is that “very” relation?

Huda
April 24, 2006, 03:04 PM
taken 5 wickets against us?

Tigers_eye
April 24, 2006, 03:11 PM
All wanted to skinny dip after playing BD at the daniub?

babubangla
April 24, 2006, 03:14 PM
taken 5 wickets against us?

There are 12 incidents of taking 5 wickets against Bangladesh in ODI-- but none of them done by any of these three players.

babubangla
April 24, 2006, 03:17 PM
All wanted to skinny dip after playing BD at the daniub?

:)
Based on that category, this will be a very big club.

DJ Sahastra
April 24, 2006, 03:22 PM
My guesses:

1. They picked up a wicket off the first abll they bolwed to BD

2. They got out for duck the very first ball that tehy faced against BD

3. They hit a six off the evry first ball that they faced

What else?

Faceoff
April 24, 2006, 03:25 PM
They all had at least one match where they didn't bat.

babubangla
April 24, 2006, 03:32 PM
My guesses:

1. They picked up a wicket off the first abll they bolwed to BD

2. They got out for duck the very first ball that tehy faced against BD

3. They hit a six off the evry first ball that they faced

What else?

:)
First I thought--I got into a big trouble...now I have to check all those 3 guesses in case they are true too. But fortunately......

Just consider Mark Alleyne...he did not get wicket in his first ball, did not get out first ball and did not hit six in first ball.

Beamer
April 24, 2006, 03:35 PM
Never had a maiden over against us?

babubangla
April 24, 2006, 03:36 PM
They all had at least one match where they didn't bat.

There are many others in this category...not only 3.
You are one of the few who I thought might get it right..that's may be a clue.

babubangla
April 24, 2006, 03:39 PM
Never had a maiden over against us?
Are you surre?
Even after seeing Murali's name among them?

Beamer
April 24, 2006, 03:46 PM
Just took a wild guess. hmm..have to think again.

babubangla
April 24, 2006, 03:49 PM
When Should I tell the answer? Now?
It's too hard to resist.

sadi
April 24, 2006, 03:55 PM
No give the smart ones like me sometime.... let me go home take a nap and probably i will get the answer in my dream...

Mridul
April 24, 2006, 03:57 PM

Mark Alleyne (England), Andy Blignaut (Zimbabwe) and Muttiah Muralitharan (Sri Lanka) are related in a very special way. They are the only three players who experienced an incident in their ODI career against Bangladesh. What is that “very” relation?

All these bowlers got hit 6 by Javed Omar* (this is also the total ODI 6s of JO's carrier so far) and he carried through the batting till the end. (Batted full 50 overs and stayed not out)

*I am sure javed omar hit a 6 of murali....but not 100% sure of the others

cricket_pagol
April 24, 2006, 04:01 PM
1. all hit a four in the first ball they faced
2. All of them were accused of chucking at some point
3. All of them are tailenders with a fifty against us

Rubu
April 24, 2006, 04:01 PM
My wild guess: they all have hattrick against us.

Wait I take it back, Vaas has hattrick, so this list can't be 'only'.

Spitfire_x86
April 24, 2006, 04:03 PM

Mark Alleyne played his first ODI against Bangladesh in the 5th day of a month, Muralitharan played in the 6th day and Blignaut played in the 7th day.

In all of their first matches against Bangladesh, their team won by 7 wickets or greater margin.

cricket_pagol
good guess Mridul... I forgot who used to be the champion at BC fantasy cricket.

Mr-Cricket
My wild guess: they all have hattrick against us.

Wait I take it back, Vaas has hattrick, so this list can't be 'only'.
LOL, I was gonna say!

Ahhhh what could it be? It's killing me! I wake up to pray Fajr, and now im sitting in front of the computer at 7am racking my brains trying to figure out what these idiots have in common! :mad:

Oi, give us a clue mate!

cricket_pagol
April 24, 2006, 04:07 PM
babubangla coming up with yet another idea to open a successful thread!

Zunaid
April 24, 2006, 04:07 PM
It has to be JO sixes. In fact, JO hit a 6 and a 4 in one MA over.

Faceoff
April 24, 2006, 04:08 PM
It's definitely JO related knowing how much he loves JO !!

Spitfire_x86
April 24, 2006, 04:09 PM
All these bowlers got hit 6 by Javed Omar* (this is also the total ODI 6s of JO's carrier so far) and he carried through the batting till the end. (Batted full 50 overs and stayed not out)
You're correct about the six hitting part, although he definately didn't carry bat till the end in all 3 occasions and I don't know how many sixes he hit in his ODI career (can't be more than 3, can it?)

Mr-Cricket
April 24, 2006, 04:12 PM
JO has hit three 6's in his 'long and illustrious' ODI career: thanks Cricinfo. :D

Zunaid
April 24, 2006, 04:13 PM
http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2000-01/OD_TOURNEYS/ICCKO/SCORECARDS/BDESH_ENG_ICCKO_ODI-PQF3_05OCT2000.html
http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2000-01/BDESH_IN_ZIM/SCORECARDS/BDESH_ZIM_ODI2_08APR2001.html
http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1999-2000/OD_TOURNEYS/ASIA/SCORECARDS/BDESH_SL_ASIA_ODI1_29MAY2000.html

Tigers_eye
April 24, 2006, 04:14 PM
all of them stayed notout in a series?

Mridul
April 24, 2006, 04:14 PM
You're correct about the six hitting part, although he definately didn't carry bat till the end in all 3 occasions and I don't know how many sixes he hit in his ODI career (can't be more than 3, can it?)

You are right...JO did not carry bat till the end.....but against Zimbabwe, he was the last man standing...his total ODI 6s so far is 3...

Zunaid
April 24, 2006, 04:16 PM
39.2 Muralitharan to Javed Omar, SIX, comes down the track and clears
the long off fielder, the first 6 of the 200 ASIA CUP
26.4 Blignaut to Javed Omar, SIX
45.2 Alleyne to Javed Omar, SIX, excellent shot over long on
</pre>

Mr-Cricket
April 24, 2006, 04:19 PM
Thats amazing. JO averages 181* from the three ODI innings where he has hit a 6. Does that mean he bats more responsibly when he hits 6's, or that he was actually a good player in the period between 2000/01? :D

Mridul
April 24, 2006, 04:21 PM

</PRE>
Thanks Zunaid bhai....now i am 100% sure :lol: ......damn i miss Fantasy Cricket

Faceoff
April 24, 2006, 04:23 PM
But the qustion remains, does he have only 3 sixes in his odi career???

Zunaid
April 24, 2006, 04:26 PM
But the qustion remains, does he have only 3 sixes in his odi career???

Batting and fielding averages <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr align="right" bgcolor="#cccccc" height="17"><td class="profiles-stats-data" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">class</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> mat</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> inns</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> no</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> runs</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> hs</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> ave</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> bf</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> sr</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 100</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 50</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 4s</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 6s</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> ct</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> st</td></tr> <tr align="right" valign="top"><td class="profiles-stats-data" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">Tests</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 35</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 70</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 1</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 1525</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 119</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 22.10</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 4156</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 36.69</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 1</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 6</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 207</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 0</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 7</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 0</td></tr> <tr align="right" valign="top"><td class="profiles-stats-data" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">ODIs</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 49</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 49</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 4</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 1108</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 85*</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 24.62</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 2130</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 52.01</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 0</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 9</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 116</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 3</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 9</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 0</td></tr> <tr align="right" valign="top"><td class="profiles-stats-data" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">First-class</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 70</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 133</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 1</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 3740</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 167</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 28.33</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 7</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 17</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 23</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 0</td></tr> <tr align="right" valign="top"><td class="profiles-stats-data" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">List A</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 84</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 84</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 8</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 1833</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 85*</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 24.11</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 0</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 11</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> </td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 22</td><td class="profiles-stats-data" nowrap="nowrap"> 0</td></tr> </tbody></table>

Sovik
April 24, 2006, 04:30 PM
Javed Omar hit 3 6s in his international career. and those are the bowlers got in to the history

His six against Alleyne (http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2000-01/OD_TOURNEYS/ICCKO/SCORECARDS/BDESH_ENG_ICCKO_ODI-PQF3_05OCT2000_PLYR-V-PLYR.html)

Javed's six off Blignaut (http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2000-01/BDESH_IN_ZIM/SCORECARDS/BDESH_ZIM_ODI2_08APR2001_BBB-COMMS.html)

6 off Murali (http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1999-2000/OD_TOURNEYS/ASIA/SCORECARDS/BDESH_SL_ASIA_ODI1_29MAY2000_BBB-COMMS.html)

He carried the bat through in those innings, although he was retired hurt against england and came to bat with injury i guess

babubangla
April 24, 2006, 04:53 PM
QUIZ ANSWER
Damn!!!
You guys got it RIGHT!!!!
I thought it would be very hard to guess at JO level!!

Yes, JO hit only 3 sixes in his international career.
Mark Alleyne (England), Andy Blignaut (Zimbabwe) and Muttiah Muralitharan (Sri Lanka) are the three “disgraced” bowlers to be on the receiving end of JO’s sixes.

The last 6 JO hit was in April, 2001.
It’s been more than 5 years now since his last 6!!!!!!!!!
If he is not careful enough, he may not hit any 6 in his career ever again!!!:)

Sovik
April 24, 2006, 04:58 PM
I thought it would be very hard to guess at JO level!!

Being a JO hater, had to do little research on him

babubangla
April 24, 2006, 05:00 PM
It's definitely JO related knowing how much he loves JO !!

I thought you would get it right knowing how much you hate JO!!:)

KricFreak
April 24, 2006, 05:22 PM
QUIZ ANSWER
D
It’s been more than 5 years now since his last 6!!!!!!!!!
If he is not careful enough, he may not hit any 6 in his career ever again!!!:)

I think he's waiting to make a record of not hitting any sixes for six years and then retire!!:lol:

Mohiul
April 24, 2006, 07:34 PM
I am puzzled

cricket_pagol
April 24, 2006, 08:47 PM
Since, babubangla is hitting the headlines recently...

The next thing we know, this question is being broadcast on national/international tv channels!!!!

Orpheus
April 24, 2006, 08:57 PM
I think Mridul cheats. There is no way he can be that good w/ everything. Guessing - fine but avg, individual scores - getting everything right all the time. Give me a break. Now I am beginning to think he also cheated in fantasy. He probably changed his team with the highest possible score before nasif could update the score. Nasif did upload the scores very late...

Sorry Mridul I just had to let it out... I am jealous really. But I think I am right.

sadi
April 24, 2006, 08:59 PM
babubangla bhai... apni janen javed omar topic sob somoy hit... tai arekta thread banaisen?? Brilliant... hehe

Hasib
April 24, 2006, 09:17 PM
Thats a good approch really, not hitting a lot of 6s. Bradman was so good for a reason.

Beamer
April 24, 2006, 10:02 PM
wow..three grand sixes in his entire ODI career! Astonishing feat for an opener. He is one lucky s.o.b ( not to confuse with j.o.b ) to have such an extended period of playing time with us. People like Biddut, Mehrab, Hannan must be kicking themselves in the shin for letting this man get away with a crime. His name should be O.J not J.O for this bit of luck..

aosaif
April 24, 2006, 10:25 PM
i want to open a thread in tribute to babubangla. Call me if you ever come by atlanta!

Mridul
April 24, 2006, 10:34 PM
I think Mridul cheats. There is no way he can be that good w/ everything. Guessing - fine but avg, individual scores - getting everything right all the time. Give me a break. Now I am beginning to think he also cheated in fantasy. He probably changed his team with the highest possible score before nasif could update the score. Nasif did upload the scores very late...

Sorry Mridul I just had to let it out... I am jealous really. But I think I am right.

well....i obviously looked up the stats for this....first i guessed few possibilities..theb just did 5 minutes research and i found the answer....babubangla was saying that it was gonna take ages to find the answer....so i thought its better to look up the stats.

I never did anything illegal in fantasy cricket...i always respected the rules that Nasif bhai made....if there were any flaws...then its not my fault....but i spent so much time for fantasy cricket....i used to do atleast an hour of homework (looked up the relevant stats of the players/opponents/pitches/venues/scorecards) before i make my team and for the substitutions as well.

roi
April 24, 2006, 10:35 PM
Congradulation to babubangla for this smashing block-bluster thread!

Orpheus
April 24, 2006, 11:04 PM
you are right Mridul. You would have to know something to actually get the answer. Searching otherwise for it would've taken long long time...

Babu basically made the damn thing up looking at Javed's stats..

Good Job. I envy you :)

Faceoff
April 24, 2006, 11:44 PM
I thought you would get it right knowing how much you hate JO!!:)

Regardless of my hatred I never imagined this guy only had 3 sixes in his entire ODI career. Thats pathetic ...,

Anywayz I think you better start making a farewell thread for him like u did for chacha !!!

TheProfessor
April 25, 2006, 01:30 AM
You people have W A Y too much time in hand!!

Spitfire_x86
April 25, 2006, 04:44 AM
Thats a good approch really, not hitting a lot of 6s. Bradman was so good for a reason.
So does this make Javed our Bradman? :rolleyes:

SMHasan
April 25, 2006, 10:38 AM
Time since last over boundary = 6 years!!!!!!!!!or 52,560 hours or 3153,600 minutes!!!!!!

We need to pass this information to espnstar to make their life easy :)

shamster
April 25, 2006, 06:17 PM
I think he has forgtotten how to hit them

Locutus
April 25, 2006, 10:10 PM
Interesting thread.... I missed out :( . We should do this more often.

Rabz
April 26, 2006, 09:49 AM
its quite a shame knowing that our opening batsman hit only 3 sixes in his entire odi career...
damn!

Nasif
April 26, 2006, 10:30 AM
Now I am beginning to think he also cheated in fantasy. He probably changed his team with the highest possible score before nasif could update the score. Nasif did upload the scores very late...
My update time didn't matter because after the cutoff time you would have to pay penalty to substitute players and those substitution were very limited, only 2/3.

By the way, now that vB is running fine I can focus on fantasy :)