PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame Subforum

Rubu
April 24, 2006, 03:34 PM
হতাশ হই জখন দেখি ভাল পোস্ট গুলু ৩/৪ নাম্বের পেইজ এ চলে আসে!!
এই সব পোস্ট Sticky করলে কেমন হ্য়।

The above comment is about BB's 'unfinished interveiw of ash....'

I know this is not possible because there will be too many stickies. But how about having a read only subform named hall of fame? All the best threads will be moved there? I'm guessing this would help increasing the quality of the thread as well because veryone would like to have their thread to be there.

Tigers_eye
April 24, 2006, 03:44 PM
Rubu bhai,
আইডিয়াটা চমৎকার। কিন্তু আপনার ফন্ট পড়তে অসুবিধা হচ্ছে।

Omio
April 24, 2006, 04:22 PM
I also thinking abt that. If we have a new section like that. All kind of rommo-rochona, goddo ei related thread gulu thakbe.

Karon 1 ta thread korle 4/5 hr pore ota 4/5 num page a chole ase. Ei jonno ami thread dewa off kore disi. Nirob protibad.

7/8 din age ami ekta thread koresilam, nam-Mahbuber gulpo(rommo golpo).
2/3 hr pore ese dekhi ota nai..

chinaman
April 24, 2006, 04:53 PM
One way to display lots of posts in one page is to edit your profile and have the "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" to a high number. Mine is set to 100 :)

Shafin
April 25, 2006, 08:34 AM
Very good idea.
CM,how did you get 100 per page,i couldnt get more than 40.

Fazal
April 25, 2006, 01:44 PM
I'm guessing this would help increasing the quality of the thread as well because veryone would like to have their thread to be there.

Good idea but kind of incomplete idea. You need a 'Hall of Shame' along with 'Hall of Fame' to make it a complete and even better idea.

Sauron
April 25, 2006, 02:24 PM
Good idea but kind of incomplete idea. You need a 'Hall of Shame' along with 'Hall of Fame' to make it a complete and even better idea.

Now, that makes the whole thing perfect! :up: The power of shame is great.

Great Idea, Rubu! And great afterthought, Fazal.

Anything with "Terrible" rating goes to hall of shame. Anything with "excellent" goes to hall of fame. All of these threads can stay in whatever forum they originally belong to, but if the two halls (fame & shame) can have mirrored copies of the threads, then people can enjoy the hottest & best threads easily (or masochists can enjoy the hall of shame thread).

Zunaid
April 25, 2006, 02:54 PM
As long as we are on this topic, we can construct even more grand halls:

Hall of Flame: For the most flameworthy posts and posters. Does Bangladesh deserve Test status?
Hall of Lame: Lame posts and lame posters are enshrined here in all their glory. If the Hall of Shame is the first circle of Dante's hell then this is the 9th circle.
Hall of Blame:This is where we put all the posts that come with various excuses and blames. We lost the match because of the umpire, the pitch, the selectors, the match, player x, player y, dodgy shrimp, alignment of the planets et al ad nauseum
Hall of Same:This is where we consign threads that repeat and repeat and repeat. Ashraful should be dropped. Jo Sucks. Where is Rana? Why Alok?

Hatebreed
April 25, 2006, 03:22 PM
Hall of Fame is a great idea, I say go for it!

Hall of Shame is also required for the most lame, annoying, retarded, useless and repititive threads EVER made that serve no purpose, have no significance and fully deserve public humiliation.

Tigers_eye
April 25, 2006, 04:37 PM
Very good idea.
CM,how did you get 100 per page,i couldnt get more than 40.
Mine is set to 400 hundred. এত পাতা উল্টাবে কে? থুথু ব্যাবহার করতে করতে আংগুলে গন্ধ হয়ে যাবে।

Anyways, I vote for hall of fame subforum. Only few selceted thread can get in each year. This would be a good yearend project or a beginning year project. May be say 20% of the members vote is needed to get in.

I denounce hall of shame. No need to publicly humiliate anyone :) The two red down arrow is enough. (As in mortal combat the Thunder God Raiden says, "That's enough!!")

Sauron
April 25, 2006, 04:56 PM
Hall of Same:This is where we consign threads that repeat and repeat and repeat. Ashraful should be dropped. Jo Sucks. Where is Rana? Why Alok?

This idea in particular is worth it's weight in gold. This should be priority #1. More essential than the other Halls.

cricket_pagol
April 25, 2006, 05:04 PM
This thread belongs in Hall of fame for all these brilliant ideas

Spitfire_x86
April 26, 2006, 10:14 AM
There's no need for a seperate "hall of fame" forum. A "hall of fame" sticky with links to all deserving threads will do the same thing.

Mr-Cricket
April 26, 2006, 10:55 AM
Hahahaha! Great idea Zunaid bhai.

Omio
April 26, 2006, 02:59 PM
Good idea Zunaed vai.....