PDA

View Full Version : Utpal Shuvro on Ashraful's exclusion

Spitfire_x86
April 26, 2006, 03:49 PM
2nd Article in today's Prothom Alo's sports page (http://www.prothom-alo.net/v1/newhtmlnews1/category.php?CategoryID=9&Date=2006-04-27)

IMAGE version for non-IE users:
http://img274.imageshack.us/img274/8696/ashraful5tr.png

Miraz
April 26, 2006, 04:18 PM
Utpal is carrying the emotion of Bangladeshi fans and also the hard truth. A very good one from him. Hope team management will read this article before selecting team for the final ODI.

shimraj
April 26, 2006, 04:25 PM
Aftab was down with sinus. There was no management hand behind his exclusion. Ashraful was excluded because of his poor form. He didn't perform in any of the 2 test matches. Even then he was given another chance in the 1st ODI and he performed pathetically - 5 from 23!! He should be excuded in the last ODI as well. Please forget about Ash for this series. Talk about what BD can do with the rest of the team which has tremendous potential in beating Aussies in the last one. Aftab needs to get well soon.

Frost
April 26, 2006, 04:37 PM
Initially I was for resting Ashraf00l; but like Utpal Shuvro and thousands of fans I agree that it was a stupid decision not to include him when Aftab got sick. The only logic behind not including Ash I see is that it could have put more pressure on him with no Aftab in the team. Anyway, let's see what new "khela" our selectors display in next match.

bop
April 26, 2006, 04:48 PM
Utpap sound like Kolkata journalist who wants Ganguli in Indian team. Ash is doing extremely bad, we don’t need gambler in the team. Resting Ash was the best move the team management has done. I just don’t understand all this Ash fans. Do you guys gamble for living or what ?

cracky
April 26, 2006, 05:13 PM
bop, give us a break.

layperson
April 26, 2006, 05:29 PM
even frm the time members were talking abt dropping ashraful here i was dead against it .... wen i saw the team for the second ODi without aftab nd knowing tht ashraful was dropped , it made me feel more angry... but then i found out tht aftab was out due to illness ... ok tht we cant do nething abt ...... but then they still played without ashraful .... ei utpal bhai jeishob kotha bolche eishob kotha i hv been repeating for the last few days every time .... this guy talked exactly what i feeel abt this topic.... stil there were fans who were for dropping ashraful ..... nd probably still there is even now .... but as i said earlier our judgements r all abt perspective .... depends on our knowldge of cricket nd how well we understand the game .... i had predicted a score of less than 200 for BD in second ODI nd ht happend .... i m not saying i knw everything nd no else doesnt ..... but whatever i said has been backed up so far by the turn of events which must mean tht i m either very lucky at guessing or my words must hv sm solid logic to it ....if the stupid selectors dont see the logic .... plz give me ur number i will call u frm here nd explain the whole thing to u ....its like a funny audio clip i heard .... an agitated lady calls up Aktel customer service nd among a lot of other things she started off the conversation by saying " tora ki ganja khawar jonno eikhane boshsosh"..... right now i feel like asking this to the selectors.....with all due repsect to them ....

cricketboy
April 26, 2006, 07:56 PM
Tushar should be dropped in favor of Ashraful. Atleast Ash has the talent which Tushar doesnt although botha re not scoring runs.

akabir77
April 26, 2006, 08:07 PM
Sorry to say but i think dropping him was good for him. Cause he was strugling. In the test or against kenya he looked confident but still got out but the face he had in the 1st odi clear shows that he has started losing it. So please those who r still screaming for droping him go and watch the 1st odi and see his face u will also feel for him and managment wanted to preserve him not distroy him by still make him play.. today he looked a lot fresh when he was fielding but still wasn't making any noise like he normally does.. anyway i think it was a great move and that's why dav decided not to play him even though aftab was not there because ash looked lost just like he was before the 1st break.. so please people try to understand and keep u r imotion in check... and pray so that he can come back with a bang...(today i saw the same look on tusher.. I guess these guys r finding the int very very tuff as people started demanding performance after one/two win where in fact they can't all the time)

thebest
April 26, 2006, 09:20 PM
I was one who supported dropping ash after the first match. But whn I saw Aftab not playing then I was the one who was in favor of ash. come on u can not play without two of your most likely matchwinners. BD is not a team with 11 matchwinners. I disagree with the selectors before the match and after the match. U might/might not win the match with ash playing but there was no chance after the selection. I agree with US partially tht Ash should have been persisted after Aftab's problem detected.

BonBon
April 26, 2006, 09:26 PM
gadhar bachcha..wants to use sentiment to support a fool that performs once a year.

Beamer
April 26, 2006, 09:36 PM
Without Ash-Aftab, any chance we had of winning was out the window when the chase began. That is the truth. Its not to say that we would have won with those two in. But, we don't give ourselves a chance of a victory without those two in the one day team.

BagherBacha
April 26, 2006, 09:45 PM
RAJIn and Tushar should sit out. ash and aftab should be brought back for last odi. what's wrong with Rajin???????? ekto proshongsha korle matha kharap hoye jai shobar..
bd team should be for 3rd odi...

nafees
Jo
Aftab
ash
bash
Alok
Masud
Rafiq
Mash
rajjak
Shahadat\

12th: RAJIN

roi
April 26, 2006, 09:54 PM
I am 100% for excluding ASH.....he should retire now!

Sauron
April 26, 2006, 10:00 PM
সাধারনত আমি উৎপল শুভ্রএর লেখা বেশ আগ্রহ নিয়ে পড়ি এবং তার মতামত প্রায়ই আমার সাথে মিলে যায়। কিন্তু এই লেখাটা খুবই সস্তা এবং মূল্যহীন আবেগে ভরা। আশা করি উৎপলের সুমতি ফিরে আসবে শীঘ্রই।

irteja
April 26, 2006, 11:03 PM
What A Bad Post...utpol Shuvro Lost His Touch....he Should Stop Writing...prothom Alo Should Hire Babu Bhai Or Souron Bhi .

Shafin
April 27, 2006, 12:39 AM
even frm the time members were talking abt dropping ashraful here i was dead against it .... wen i saw the team for the second ODi without aftab nd knowing tht ashraful was dropped , it made me feel more angry... but then i found out tht aftab was out due to illness ... ok tht we cant do nething abt ...... but then they still played without ashraful .... ei utpal bhai jeishob kotha bolche eishob kotha i hv been repeating for the last few days every time .... this guy talked exactly what i feeel abt this topic.... stil there were fans who were for dropping ashraful ..... nd probably still there is even now .... but as i said earlier our judgements r all abt perspective .... depends on our knowldge of cricket nd how well we understand the game .... i had predicted a score of less than 200 for BD in second ODI nd ht happend .... i m not saying i knw everything nd no else doesnt ..... but whatever i said has been backed up so far by the turn of events which must mean tht i m either very lucky at guessing or my words must hv sm solid logic to it ....if the stupid selectors dont see the logic .... plz give me ur number i will call u frm here nd explain the whole thing to u ....its like a funny audio clip i heard .... an agitated lady calls up Aktel customer service nd among a lot of other things she started off the conversation by saying " tora ki ganja khawar jonno eikhane boshsosh"..... right now i feel like asking this to the selectors.....with all due repsect to them ....
Shahriyar,i know its your style,but could you please use standard english,i really stopped reading your messages for your english,it takes quite some pain and i really believe your posts are good,if you can take the pain to post such long messages,why not post them in a normal form?

Shafin
April 27, 2006, 12:40 AM
A drop always pump him up :up:

PoorFan
April 27, 2006, 04:32 AM
I have been telling this from the beginning, why we have to PUNISH Ash in the middle of a BIG series? what different could it make even if he fails both ODI's? Now we experienced how other also fail in any given day, but in a hard way with no hope in the middle of the batting innings. Pure mistake as I can say.

Sovik
April 27, 2006, 05:27 AM
his examples were good but how many matches that we have lost while ashraful and aftab were in the team. if we can't win without them then what are the rest of our batsmen doing? we need a solid start, big score from any of the top 4 and help from the rest to win any match.

sar2005
April 27, 2006, 07:38 AM
The message of the article was if selectors could postponed the decision of 'resting Ashraful' for one match by including him in second odi since it was know that aftab was sick. I think he is quite right. Regarding imotion, who else knows better than US how to touch BD fan's heart.

ialbd
April 27, 2006, 04:48 PM
yea kind of dissapointed after reading Shubro's article. usually my opinion use to match his but not this time.

According to him, we should keep Asharaful in the team for the rest of his life 'just in case' he plays a match winning innings.......funny...
________
VIDEO REVIEWS (http://videoreviews.org)

Tigers_eye
April 27, 2006, 05:00 PM
According to him, we should keep Asharaful in the team for the rest of his life 'just in case' he plays a match winning innings.......funny...

What a point. How about create "Tiger Card". Those who have membership will never be dropped. Ash being the first one to have a membership. That would satisfy our distinguished writers and fans.

ammark
April 27, 2006, 05:25 PM
What a point. How about create "Tiger Card". Those who have membership will never be dropped. Ash being the first one to have a membership. That would satisfy our distinguished writers and fans.

Rafique gets it by default :D

chucker
April 27, 2006, 06:08 PM
the point Utpal is trying to make that we don't have any alternative. Unless dropping is a credible treat, it can't produce any desired result. Importance of Ash is more felt when he is in the bench than in the field.

SMHasan
April 27, 2006, 08:19 PM
A drop always pump him up :up:

Well said!:)

SMHasan
April 27, 2006, 08:26 PM
Utpap sound like Kolkata journalist who wants Ganguli in Indian team. Ash is doing extremely bad, we don’t need gambler in the team. Resting Ash was the best move the team management has done. I just don’t understand all this Ash fans. Do you guys gamble for living or what ?

So seems like you have forgotten that the 'team india' discovered by Ganguly. I dont think india have got too many people like Ganguly. Yes true if he plays bad then drop him but he deserves a chance at least in the test team. I am not saying this considering his contribution to the team I am saying this watching his potential and his age. His form is not that bad at all. In fact its much better than some players of the current team.

And finally- he was droped cos Mr chappel doesn't like him. Better days will ocme again for the Prince of Kolkata I am pretty sure.

Mon
April 29, 2006, 11:59 AM
They both played in the 3rd ODI and did it make any difference?
I question this meaningless cry of Mr. U. Shovro. I think Rabeed Imran has a much better insight on Bangladesh cricket.

DotBall
April 29, 2006, 04:39 PM
I guess Mr. U. Shovro got his answer. It will be best suited for him to write about bangladesh film industry where he can surely shine and get awarded.
Ash and Aftab is not going to be able to take BD cricket into a respectable position, it has to come from the team.

LateCut
April 29, 2006, 09:13 PM
I guess Mr. U. Shovro got his answer. It will be best suited for him to write about bangladesh film industry where he can surely shine and get awarded.
Ash and Aftab is not going to be able to take BD cricket into a respectable position, it has to come from the team.

Very well said.

Mon
April 29, 2006, 09:28 PM
And finally- he was droped cos Mr chappel doesn't like him. Better days will ocme again for the Prince of Kolkata I am pretty sure.

This is a rather off topic remark, but i really have to mention this. With all due respect to Shorav, I personally think that Chappel is the best think that ever happended to Indian cricket. The team also doing much better without Shourav.Long ago, Chappel was also responsible for orgainizing the Australian team by selecting Steave Waugh after he was ignored by the selectors. Chappel is very bold/outspoken like Gordon Greenidge(a great coach we lost coz of corrupt BCCB managment) who should be given a great amount of credit for the current success of the Indian cricket team. In the near future(if Dav quits), i think we should consider Chappel as a coach for our Bangladesh cricket team

bop
April 29, 2006, 09:29 PM
So seems like you have forgotten that the 'team india' discovered by Ganguly. I dont think india have got too many people like Ganguly. Yes true if he plays bad then drop him but he deserves a chance at least in the test team. I am not saying this considering his contribution to the team I am saying this watching his potential and his age. His form is not that bad at all. In fact its much better than some players of the current team.

I am a Ganguly fan. He did much for India. And he plays well. But there are far batter player in Indian team then him. It doesn’t make any sense to keep better player on the sideline so Ganguly can play. Chappel disliking Ganguly has nothing to do with why Ganguly should not play in the team. As far Ash, he needs to be matured to play in Bd team. After five years he still doesn’t understand what it takes to play Test match.