PDA

View Full Version : What should we do with Tushar Imran?

Frost
April 26, 2006, 04:30 PM
Tushar Imran's performance was not as expected in first two ODIs. What's wrong with him? He plays good games against A teams and first class games; but when it comes to ODIs he almost always fails.

I know a lot of TI fans will argue that he has not been favored by the selectors like some other players. But the fact is - he has been playing for 5/6 years and 35 ODIs - not bad in Bangladesh standard. And what is performance? However, I think the selectors should seriously think about him if they really want to help TI and Bangladesh. I think he also need psychological help. Otherwise, we'll see a lot of debate about him like the ones we are seeing now (on Ashraful's exclusion).

ammark
April 26, 2006, 05:38 PM
Keep him for the series. Keep him for the not-as-competitive tours. Shuttling players in and out hasnt done us much good since our debut in the world of international cricket. Not very long ago we were bashing Rajin for playing poorly. What changed that was a century against a not-as-competitive team, and the consistent scores againt the MOST competitive team. You shouldnt just take and drop players on a whim in the middle of a series, you have to give them chance to mature and learn from mistakes.

n.b: If you think I'm full of double standard in regard to Ashraful then, then let me correct everyone: I was supportive of him being retained in this series and the coming not-as-competitive tours, so that he had less pressure and chance to improve. Also noting how he has had Wayyyy more chances to not perform like an idiot in the BD team (As opposed to Tushar) I am not against him being "rested" after one match either because of this context. Although my preference would have been for Ash to be either dropped for this series from ODI one or from the first game of the next series where his head is called for.

limon
April 26, 2006, 08:45 PM
He is always good at first class mathces, not at International mathces.

Beamer
April 26, 2006, 09:31 PM
The pattern is pretty consistent. Isn't it? He does fairly well against A team oppositions and in domestics. But, in the intl level, he has been a disspointment. Quite the other way around for Bashar. He is not known to have good seasons/games in domestics, yet, does fairly well against much better opposition. TI experiment should be over with. Seen enough of it. He is still good enough to play with "A" teams and should make a decent living by playing prof. cricket in the club level. Thats that.

jeesh
April 26, 2006, 09:39 PM
Tushar is one of those batsmen in the list requiring Psychological help. He always gets good starts, but throws his wickets away. We cant blame the selectors for picking him. He has done well in first class and for the a team. Its a pity he hasnt been able to keep up his form in international cricket. A real waste...

cricketboy
April 26, 2006, 10:30 PM
Ash should replace Tushar Imran for the final ODI. Tushar Imran really disappointed me but again you need to take into account he is playing against the best team in the world. He should have played against Kenya in the 4th ODI at No 6 where he could have got a chance to score easy runs and ease into the team. Instead they decided to play Rana as a allrounder and drop him for nothing after that.

sadi
April 26, 2006, 10:34 PM
Lets keep him in the squad for upcoming kenya and zimbabwe tour and let him play... maybe one or two big innings there will do the trick like rajin... he needs to score some runs for the national team and grow the confidence that he is good enough in this level.... problem is mental as far as I see it

ammark
April 26, 2006, 11:32 PM
problem is mental as far as I see it

absloutely :up: i agree

Rabz
April 27, 2006, 12:02 AM
yap the problem is psychological....nothing wrong with his abilities n technique...
may be he needs one good innings to start beleiving in himself and performing to his abilities..

Thunder
April 27, 2006, 02:53 AM
So far he has played 35 odi's and only managed 2 fifties with an average of 15. Do you think he is good enough to play at this level? The selectors gave him several chance before and he failed continuously. If he can get a chance again then there are some other better players who deserve a chance ahead of him. Nafis iqbal, Al shahriar, hannan sarkar they are all very good players.

Mohiul
April 27, 2006, 05:33 AM
He should be given a chance to perform for at least 10 matches. Previously selectors tried this with Al-Shahriar Rokon and failed. Why don't they try this with Tushar. I think he has got that potential.

Rubu
April 27, 2006, 07:30 AM
I'm getting more and more convinced about my hypothesis on TI. He lacks ability to servive the good balls (footwork, judgement etc). that is why he does not do good against quality opponents and always do good against non quality ones. I won't say we should forget about him, but I'd say he need a good 6 months in HP unit before getting another chance in national team.