PDA

View Full Version : Narayanganj or Fatullah Test

zakir
April 26, 2006, 11:41 PM
If the venu of a test match is Bangabandhu stadium (or Mirpur Stadium) we usually call it Dhaka Test. Similarly Chittagong Test or Calcutta Test. Now when the venu of a test match is Fatullah stadium, what should we call it: Narayanganj Test or Fatullah Test.

Carte Blanche
April 26, 2006, 11:43 PM
Fatullah Test.

Old Trafford is located in Manchester. Have you ever heard of a Manchester Test? It's a matter of preference I guess. Fatullah isn't located in the main city of Narayongonj. I think that's one reason nobody calls it the Narayongonj Test. Besides, now that Fatullah has gained so much popularity, I doubt this trend will change unless our wise politicians choose to rename it like they did with BNS.

Zaheed Mahmood
April 27, 2006, 12:55 AM
It is true, a test in a venue picks up its name the way the trend is set (or chosen to be set) at the inauguration of the venue as presumably decided by the local cricket Organization (BD Cricket Control Board). Fatullah does belong to Narayangonj though only in the outskirts, I wonder whether the preference to choosing the suburb’s name as venue’s instead of the district’s unlike the other (Dhaka, Chittagong and Bogra) has anything to do with the rather long string of NARAYANGONJ or the term ‘Narayan’!!
Zaheed

cricketboy
April 27, 2006, 02:03 AM
Fatullah is the name it should be called because its in Fatulllah not in Narayanganj city. . Infact the full name is Narayanganj Osmani Stadium Fatullah since its in Narayanganj district. Mirpur will be called "Dhaka test".

Shafin
April 27, 2006, 02:37 AM
Ad i think Mirpur Venue's will have Mirpur tests instead of Dhaka Tests,the Dhaka Tests are reserved for Dhaka Stadium,in which the football clowns are regulerly consumng 6-7 goals to foreign national teams and clubs,Brothers had a 6-1 match yesterday.