PDA

View Full Version : I love The new JO'

Shafin
April 27, 2006, 12:35 AM
One of the factors that always made me dislike JO was his hunched stance,yesterday i got back from class and thought tushar was batting with basher,but i was astonished to see that it was JO,standing rigid,it adds a sort of dignity in him which was absent before and he was also having some good time,of the fifty partnership,he scored 26,basher 16.
I really love the new approach from JO,it is like seeing a new batsman.No more hunched,but straight and nice.

cricman
April 27, 2006, 12:43 AM
4th Wicket: 50 runs in 72 balls (Javed Omar 26, Habibul Bashar 16, Ex 8), Theres no such thing as a new JO. You Cant teach old dogs new tricks Javed Omar 34(56). Sort like his 40 vs SL but a change no way.

billah
April 27, 2006, 01:05 AM
I'm beginning to suspect shafin and spitfire are one and the same..:)

Zaheed Mahmood
April 27, 2006, 01:17 AM
I have always liked him since he entered the Test/ODI arena irrespective of how unstylish and unorthodox and slow he has been branded, I just love his gritty stance of staying at the wicket during the precarious opening overs even when the other end of the wicket triggers a collapse!! He should also be a regular inclusion in ODI to anchor one end when Ash-Aftab-Nafees-Bashar (or Rafiq as makeshift in the top) can play their free bludgeoning strokes at the other end!!
Zaheed

Baundule
April 27, 2006, 01:20 AM
Is this another JO hate thread? ;)

Shafin
April 27, 2006, 02:24 AM
NO,this is a thread about JO's new stance in batting.

Shafin
April 27, 2006, 02:26 AM
I'm beginning to suspect shafin and spitfire are one and the same..:)
I'd loved to be..

Spitfire_x86
April 27, 2006, 07:49 AM
Who cares? The ultimate result is Zero = GOLLA

istiak
April 27, 2006, 08:00 AM
Who cares? The ultimate result is Zero = GOLLA

May be not you, but he possess lot of support even within BC!!

Miraz
April 27, 2006, 08:05 AM
New look Golla is not bad I agree. The problem is after getting a start he gets confused and throws away his wicket. Even in the last match he scored 31 of 35 balls and the lst 3 run in 22 balls. If he could capitalize on his starts, he could have been a different player. Unfortunately that's his limitation and that's why he tries to score through boundaries. When boundaries dry up, he suffocates and goes for eventual death.

sadi
April 27, 2006, 08:27 AM
New look Golla is not bad I agree. The problem is after getting a start he gets confused and throws away his wicket. Even in the last match he scored 31 of 35 balls and the lst 3 run in 22 balls. If he could capitalize on his starts, he could have been a different player. Unfortunately that's his limitation and that's why he tries to score through boundaries. When boundaries dry up, he suffocates and goes for eventual death.

exactly.... its the same old javed... starts with some fours and then gets stuck.... if he could've rotate the strike in the middle of his innings, he would've been a much better batsman....

cricket_pagla
April 27, 2006, 10:02 AM
neu JO.. :(.. who said hez neu???... hez da sem old boring JO.. strike-rate of.. 50%... n if he get som 30 odd runs.. we strat callin.. WOW.. datz our MANN!!!.. very insanatic seems 2 me!..
we shud drop em 4 our own gud..

shuzon
April 27, 2006, 10:08 AM
he scored 34 aftr facing 56 balls. cant see anithn NEW here.
i still remember his 19 of 19 on 2nd inns of 2nd test when we need him just to stay there for draw. and now his strk rare is abt only 50+.
he iz nearly ok for the test but totally UNACCEPTABLE on odi's

Sauron
April 27, 2006, 10:14 AM
neu JO.. :(.. who said hez neu???... hez da sem old boring JO.. strike-rate of.. 50%... n if he get som 30 odd runs.. we strat callin.. WOW.. datz our MANN!!!.. very insanatic seems 2 me!..
we shud drop em 4 our own gud..

Just curious - do you live in a ghetto in Dhaka?

Sauron
April 27, 2006, 10:17 AM
On the new JO -

জল পড়ে পাতা নড়ে
জাভেদ ওমর ঝাড়ু মারে

যাও পাখি বলো তারে
সে যেনো ঝাড়ু না মারে

sadi
April 27, 2006, 10:48 AM
On the new JO -

জল পড়ে পাতা নড়ে
জাভেদ ওমর ঝাড়ু মারে

যাও পাখি বলো তারে
সে যেনো ঝাড়ু না মারে

lol...... :lol: :up:

cricket_pagla
April 27, 2006, 10:55 AM
Just curious - do you live in a ghetto in Dhaka?

whyz dat bro?!:confused:.. i live lyk every-1 else.. :cool:

Sauron
April 27, 2006, 10:58 AM
whyz dat bro?!:confused:.. i live lyk every-1 else.. :cool:

Now that you have explained that you don't live in a ghetto, I am even more curious. Are you related to Dr Drey or 50-cents or Tupac?

cricket_pagla
April 27, 2006, 11:08 AM
Now that you have explained that you don't live in a ghetto, I am even more curious. Are you related to Dr Drey or 50-cents or Tupac?

u wish :rolleyes:....

Sauron
April 27, 2006, 11:31 AM
I give up man! :D

Imtiazk
April 27, 2006, 12:36 PM
4th Wicket: 50 runs in 72 balls (Javed Omar 26, Habibul Bashar 16, Ex 8), Theres no such thing as a new JO. You Cant teach old dogs new tricks Javed Omar 34(56). Sort like his 40 vs SL but a change no way.

Only you forgot to add the score was 8/3 when the 4th wicket partnership started. What was he supposed to do ? Score at a run-a-ball ? And, if so, why does that criterion only apply to JO ?

ASA
April 27, 2006, 12:47 PM
i know ... lately this forum have been swamped by these moholla-dudes ... hopeless :down:

rudro
April 27, 2006, 12:50 PM
Hate him or love him..as cats_eye mentioned in another thread..get it over with. He has done his part to the team. Why he keeps coming back to the team after being dropped for one ODI? ANSWER THAT JO HATERS!

THATS BECAUSE WE GOT A TEAM FULL OF TALENTED STARS!

Sauron
April 27, 2006, 12:57 PM
... JO HATERS!

Clarification - I am not a JO hater. En fact, you might consider me as a JO-lover. He should be dropped for his own good (Not to mention good of the team).

Shakespear or Tagore (don't remember who) said - I must be cruel to be kind (Hamlet). We are being cruel to JO coz we are kind.

;)

Zunaid
April 27, 2006, 01:33 PM
The problem is after getting a start he gets confused and throws away his wicket.

Name any of our batsmen who does not do the same. :)

Zunaid
April 27, 2006, 01:37 PM

Subtlety and sarcasm is usually lost on the slow. Try a different approach.

ammark
April 27, 2006, 02:33 PM
Subtlety and sarcasm is usually lost on the slow. Try a different approach.

I thought that was subtle enough. My jaw was hurting initially, but Sauron's sense of humour has taken the pain awayyy :lol:

shamster
April 27, 2006, 06:14 PM
I prefer the old JO, gritted and determined. If he continues his new style he will be gone

bd_cricket
April 27, 2006, 07:03 PM
I prefer the old JO, gritted and determined. If he continues his new style he will be gone
Old JO at least would secure his place in the test team. The new JO will lose the spot in both the teams.

thebest
April 27, 2006, 07:10 PM
Only you forgot to add the score was 8/3 when the 4th wicket partnership started. What was he supposed to do ? Score at a run-a-ball ? And, if so, why does that criterion only apply to JO ?

he actually score run a ball. first 31 from 34 balls. last 3 is frm 22 balls. Anyway I have decieded not to join any JO thread. But could not resist after this kind of ignornace or scoreboad cricketing.

SMHasan
April 27, 2006, 07:20 PM
ওমর ভাই অমর হইছে
অসিদের জুতা দিছে
অমর বলে ঝাকানাকা ঝাকানাকা
শাফিন বলে কাঁ কাঁ!

Hatebreed
April 27, 2006, 07:49 PM
JO will be a legend.

Zunaid
April 27, 2006, 08:15 PM
He already is (for BD). Only cricket-knowledge--deficient fans think he is not.

cricket_pagla
April 27, 2006, 08:56 PM
i know ... lately this forum have been swamped by these moholla-dudes ... hopeless :down:

whr u frm?!.. care 2 share??.. or mayb som place.. starts wit "L".... dere is a famous quote in Bangla.. "nijer chorkay tel deo!".. so.. ph8ck oF..

Sauron
April 27, 2006, 08:58 PM
He already is (for BD). Only cricket-knowledge--deficient fans think he is not.

Oops! Did I just get a subtle whipping???? :-/

Anyway, lets be clear though - I do consider JO to be a very vital part of past Bangladeshi teams (legend might be stretching it a little too much). But in current context, he needs to stay out of ODI's. For test, he still probably cuts it.

Spitfire,
Subtle whipping alert!! If it scratched my back, it probably took some meat out of yours.

BappyHayat
April 27, 2006, 09:28 PM
The Sign: JO will never be changed - I'm not agreed with this...REMINDER: how he got out on the 2nd ODI was a "trying to change" approach (though that was one of the stupid sceen I've ever saw)

Thousand Dollar Question: But still - whether his "trying to change" approach will profit Bangladesh ODI team?

Think Positive: Stat says 60% of the time he is the only man who stands tall (ooops not tall - it will be stand squat) within the fragile top order...

Spitfire_x86
April 27, 2006, 09:48 PM
JO can be called (BD) legend if you keep couple of facts in mind. He's the only BD opener to carry the bat throughout the innings in both versions of the game, and only the 3rd opener in the history of test cricket to carry the bat throughout the innings.

But these feats doesn't prevent him from being unnecessary burden of the current team. Our team needs match winners, not legends.

Spitfire,
Subtle whipping alert!! If it scratched my back, it probably took some meat out of yours.
JO fans/"neutrals" are free to express themselves. Their "subtle whipping" and insults only make our point stronger.

reyme
April 28, 2006, 01:58 AM
Name couple of match winners Spitty with an avg > 20

reyme
April 28, 2006, 02:01 AM
Based on the current form, JO is much superior than Ashraful.

thebest
April 28, 2006, 02:18 AM
Name couple of match winners Spitty with an avg > 20
I am doing it actually I am providing 3
Aftab ahmed
M R HS Avg 100 50
30 679 81* 26.11 0 5 (all matches bar today)
10 437 81* 72.83 0 4 (when we won)

Habibul Baser
M R HS Avg 100 50
81 1630 74 21.44 0 12 (all matches bar today)
12 330 64* 41.25 0 2 (when we won)

Khaled Masud
M R HS Avg 100 50
111 1660 71* 21.55 0 7 (all matches bar today)
15 176 51 29.33 0 1 (when we won)

ammark
April 28, 2006, 02:57 AM
JO can be called (BD) legend if you keep couple of facts in mind. He's the only BD opener to carry the bat throughout the innings in both versions of the game, and only the 3rd opener in the history of test cricket to carry the bat throughout the innings.

But these feats doesn't prevent him from being unnecessary burden of the current team. Our team needs match winners, not legends.
Look, JO's been good in his day, but I think the threads from the past in BC are self-explanatory why we think Javed is deficient and needs to be changed to make room for others. Bringing someone else on instead of him does not do any more harm than having him around. JO isnt getting any younger, so we might as well give Tushar and NI a chance to get in. JO has been criticised so much for his slow innings of grit, sticking in the crease because it yielded no better results for the team, instead it just gave us a false show of "respectable" defeat.

Now he's changed his style to a more "aggressive" way, and its still not doing any greater good since, given his limitations, it still exposes him more to getting out and retaining his same average. The past two BD innings doesnt really count for arguments on how we scored 60 runs more with him there. It does NOT absolve all the other batsmen of blame. Having him and not having him is eventually of minor consequence. At the end of the day, we should give him credit for his contributions, and also be open to seeing our team evolve from its static state with the generation of the future.

As for blaming selectors: It should be for their indecisiveness. They are so inconsistent with players, and are constantly shuttling people in and out based on one inning performance. They need to give everyone a chance, series by series - not on a per match basis! If JO is in a team for fist game, he ought to be there for all 3 in the series without being shuffled and shuttled. Same thing goes for Aftab, Ashraful, Tushar, NI and Kapali!

reyme
April 28, 2006, 03:00 AM
JO is not perfect, but chances are if Javed has a solid start, that wins the matches. He plays a major role to win matches.