PDA

View Full Version : What selectors should do for the upcoming series against Zimbabwe and Kenya?

BagherBacha
April 27, 2006, 07:41 AM
As we all know bd will be playing so many games(don't know exactly how many, more than 10 i believe) against Zimbabwe and Kenya, our selectors have an opportunity to introduce some of our youngsters for those games. Among Sakib, Mehrab, tamim, Sahmsur, golam reahman, Shuvo, couple of players can have international exposure. selectors should give couple of players for atleast 3 match each.

Also, those player should be told not to worry too much abt their performance. what i meant is bad performance wouldn't halt their chance to be in bd team in future. I don't thik one or two players from under19 would make much difference(good way or bad way) for the outcome of a game against zim or ken. This is the real chance for the selectors to give those players some international exposure, that's all. nothing to loose. what do u guys think?

Go bd :flag:

sar2005
April 27, 2006, 07:51 AM
The players within the team need to gain more expouser and self-belief by playing against those weaker opposition. Why to hurry to bring U19 stars in the side so early? They all are young and will get chances to show themselves in due courses. Be patient, let our first line players get some confidence (and perhaps imporvement in statistics) by playing some big and long innings aginst Ken and Zim. We desperately need that before the ICC trophy.

sadi
April 27, 2006, 08:36 AM
sobure maoa fole

cricket_pagla
April 27, 2006, 09:57 AM
it'll b grrreat idea!... tho we r not.. Aussiz...

BagherBacha
May 10, 2006, 09:21 PM
see guys now we talking . even Dave mentioned our selectors might try few of them.
seem like we are unwilling to share thoughts abt constructive matters

akabir77
May 10, 2006, 09:42 PM
guys you need to understand national team is not the place to give exposure and blah blah blah.. we have A team for that.. sick and tired of seeing people want to see these young kid in the main team.. when is this going to stop?

When our main players r not getting runs why r we thinking about these young guys without taking this chance to fix them?

BagherBacha
May 10, 2006, 10:03 PM
guys you need to understand national team is not the place to give exposure and blah blah blah.. we have A team for that.. sick and tired of seeing people want to see these young kid in the main team.. when is this going to stop?

When our main players r not getting runs why r we thinking about these young guys without taking this chance to fix them?

this is the right time to give our cubs some internatioanl exposure before the world cup. their bad performance(i hope not) wouldn't hurt much

cricketboy
May 11, 2006, 12:49 AM
Sometimes I wonder why does some members here want "young players", as if Bangladesh is an againg team. Bangladesh team is the youngest team in the word already with youngsters like Aftab, Shahriar Nafees, Alok, and Ashraful. Why dont we give them litle more chance before trying teenagers. I think the selectors can take at the most 1 player for that series like Saqib for ODI and Mehrab for the 4 day matches. What we needed was more A team tours, but we didnt even play in the Euro-Asia tournament. :rolleyes:

BagherBacha
August 10, 2006, 12:09 PM
hey guys go read this thread. when i opened it, you guys attacked me and i was wounded. i knew these oldies won't do any good for us anymore. i would give (if i had the power) Bashar 2 more year, Rafiq(getting too old) and masud until world cup. Mushfiq should be given chance here and there to prove his worth. rajin is ideal only for tests.

i see now new threads ...why sakib don't get chance bluh bluh... lol no offence pls. we fan needs to be consistent. if those young guns failed we would take into selectors. selectors are doing ok job with limitations. by the way, none of my relatives work for bcb.lol

go bd

BagherBacha
August 10, 2006, 12:46 PM
i knew i was gonna repoen this thread.