PDA

View Full Version : OZ team for 3rd ODI named

OZGOD
April 27, 2006, 02:47 PM
The OZ have rested some players (Lee, Bracken and Ponting). Here's the team.

Simon Katich, Adam Gilchrist (captain), Michael Clarke, Andrew Symonds, Mark Cosgrove, Michael Hussey, James Hopes, Brad Hogg, Mitchell Johnson, Dan Cullen, Brett Dorey. 12th man: Ricky Ponting.

Dorey and Johnson will open the bowling - this could get very ugly for the OZ. Cosgrove makes his debut - this bloke was dropped from the Sth Australian side for being too fat earlier in the Pura Cup season but he worked his arse off in they gym, got rid of the excess kilos and has now won his first start. He's a decent batsman.

BagherBacha
April 27, 2006, 03:00 PM
The OZ have rested some players (Lee, Bracken and Ponting). Here's the team.

Simon Katich, Adam Gilchrist (captain), Michael Clarke, Andrew Symonds, Mark Cosgrove, Michael Hussey, James Hopes, Brad Hogg, Mitchell Johnson, Dan Cullen, Brett Dorey. 12th man: Ricky Ponting.

Dorey and Johnson will open the bowling - this could get very ugly for the OZ. Cosgrove makes his debut - this bloke was dropped from the Sth Australian side for being too fat earlier in the Pura Cup season but he worked his arse off in they gym, got rid of the excess kilos and has now won his first start. He's a decent batsman.

Ponting is worried getting out cheaply again. just kidding. how is this guy dorey? is he any good? fast/medium fast bowler/fast medium??

sar2005
April 27, 2006, 03:03 PM
So, can anyone update who are rested for BD team?? Is Ashraful still rested???

By the way, OZGOD, if by any chance BD can win tomorrow's toss, you may see something different, you know what I mean ;)

sadi
April 27, 2006, 03:04 PM
whenever any team put up a second string team, the end result wasn't pleasant... hopefully bangladesh can do the same thing once again.... we should really score big against this bowling lineup... doens't look scary at all

OZGOD
April 27, 2006, 03:16 PM
Ponting is worried getting out cheaply again. just kidding. how is this guy dorey? is he any good? fast/medium fast bowler/fast medium??

Dorey is fast and tall, bowls about 140+. He's not particularly quick but he gets good bounce. His home ground is the WACA in Perth where he uses his height and the hard track to trouble batsmen. He's expensive though - he was destroyed by Pollock in his opening ODI in Melbourne this year, then Jayasuriya took him to the cleaners on a flattish track in Sydney the next game. I don't know how well he'd go on Bangladesh wickets. He's a youngish bloke and has done reasonably well in the ING Cup in OZ this year, but he lacks control in his bowling and he can't move it off the seam all that well. I'd suggest he's here strictly as a long-term project as he's well off the standard at the moment.

The other bloke, Mitchell Johnson, is fast - express fast - but also lacks control - which is why I said that if both of them are opening the bowling for the OZ it could get ugly. Mitchell can take wickets with his pace but can also spray it all over the place. He's got no control at all. If Bangladesh win the toss and bat we could be looking at a 6+ run rate in the 1st 15 overs till the spinners come on.

Imtiazk
April 27, 2006, 03:41 PM
So Australia is resting their best players in the 3rd ODI ?

I remember Bangladesh doing that in the 2nd ODI !!

I hope the consequence will be the same.

Tigers_eye
April 27, 2006, 03:54 PM
Original Aus ODI lineup: Gilchrist, Katich, Ponting, Martyn, Clark, Hussay, Symond, Mcgrath, Lee, Bracken, Hogg.
The 3rd ODI lineup can be called the A team (BD flavor). 5 Key players missing.

Beamer
April 27, 2006, 03:58 PM
It was a lunacy to rest ASH specially when Aftab was not available. We went without our two top one day player in the middle order and to make matters worse, the third best middle order bat was pushed down to no.7 to accomodate Pilot at no.6 ! No wonder, we lost way in that period with stiff footed Bashar and powerless Pilot making sure the run rate went off the roof.

sensible
April 27, 2006, 04:21 PM
According to Amar Desh:

Mark Cosgrove has an average of 66.9 and scored 736 runs in Pura Cup. In ING trophy, his average is 73.9. But we have to remember that he is to replace Ponting, who has that kind of average in ODI for the last year or so, even though he is not having a great time in Bangladesh. So not sure about this replacement.

Brett Dorey has an average of 134. In 3 ODis he has 1 wicket only and his economy rate is 5.8. In comparison to Bret Lee, this guy should be easy to play.

I really think we have a great chance tonight! Keep your fingers crossed.

karimjay.
April 27, 2006, 06:38 PM
Dorey is fast and tall, bowls about 140+. He's not particularly quick but he gets good bounce. His home ground is the WACA in Perth where he uses his height and the hard track to trouble batsmen. He's expensive though - he was destroyed by Pollock in his opening ODI in Melbourne this year, then Jayasuriya took him to the cleaners on a flattish track in Sydney the next game. I don't know how well he'd go on Bangladesh wickets. He's a youngish bloke and has done reasonably well in the ING Cup in OZ this year, but he lacks control in his bowling and he can't move it off the seam all that well. I'd suggest he's here strictly as a long-term project as he's well off the standard at the moment.

The other bloke, Mitchell Johnson, is fast - express fast - but also lacks control - which is why I said that if both of them are opening the bowling for the OZ it could get ugly. Mitchell can take wickets with his pace but can also spray it all over the place. He's got no control at all. If Bangladesh win the toss and bat we could be looking at a 6+ run rate in the 1st 15 overs till the spinners come on.

140+? He was bowling mid 120s when he got flattened by Pollock and Jayasuriya. Or was he continually trying to deceive them with slowballs? :o

CricFanBD
April 27, 2006, 07:23 PM
So Australia is resting their best players in the 3rd ODI ?

I remember Bangladesh doing that in the 2nd ODI !!

I hope the consequence will be the same.

I really agree with you......why BD did that thing on the 2nd ODI......still I am searching for the answer.......if Ash will not include into the best 11.......BD will make another mistake......cause it seems that there is a new bowling line up for Aus....so there is a good chance for charging......anyway see what happens........

OZGOD
April 27, 2006, 07:32 PM
140+? He was bowling mid 120s when he got flattened by Pollock and Jayasuriya. Or was he continually trying to deceive them with slowballs? :o

140+ in Perth, with the Fremantle Doctor behind him.

BonBon
April 27, 2006, 08:51 PM
no matter what team aussies play - we will be a pinch far from victory again - thanks to our loose-motion top order batsmen

OZGOD
April 27, 2006, 10:26 PM
The OZ bowling attack looks decidedly docile - Hogg's probably the strike bowler. Scary though eh.

Hogg
Clarke
Cullen
Johnson
Dorey
Symmo
Hussey
Hopeless

I have the feeling this will be a high-scoring game.

Mr-Cricket
April 27, 2006, 10:30 PM
The OZ bowling attack looks decidedly docile - Hogg's probably the strike bowler. Scary though eh.

Hogg
Clarke
Cullen
Johnson
Dorey
Symmo
Hussey
Hopeless

I have the feeling this will be a high-scoring game.
The thing you have going for you is that Australia has plenty of bowling options. If one bowler underperforms, there is always someone else (in this match anyway) to turn to. It also gives you plenty of variation, options at any given time. Should be interesting (I'm not a huge fan of Dorey, havn't seen all that much of him I must say, but in the little I have, he was not hugely impressive - I pray this does not come back to bite me!). ;)

OZGOD
April 27, 2006, 10:51 PM
The thing you have going for you is that Australia has plenty of bowling options. If one bowler underperforms, there is always someone else (in this match anyway) to turn to. It also gives you plenty of variation, options at any given time. Should be interesting (I'm not a huge fan of Dorey, havn't seen all that much of him I must say, but in the little I have, he was not hugely impressive - I pray this does not come back to bite me!). ;)

Dorey's lucky that Tait got injured and so got his opportunity. He's strictly a long term project as he's far from the finished article at the moment. He's a bit of a pie thrower right now.

karimjay.
April 27, 2006, 11:14 PM
140+ in Perth, with the Fremantle Doctor behind him.

Not much chance of the Fremantle Doctor behind him today.

OZGOD
April 28, 2006, 03:55 PM
I'm still not impressed by Dorey or Johnson. This pitch wasn't suited for Dorey, but he didn't look that good to me.

As for Johnson, he's still a "four dots, a wide, a no ball and a boundary" type bowler. Fast but completely lacking control.