PDA

View Full Version : Our attitude hasn't changed

fwullah
April 28, 2006, 10:57 AM
This is the only conclusion that I could come up with. Even though papers have been saying that our players have improved on their attitude a lot. But in reality, none of our players have learnt to believe in themselves. Not for ODIs, and certainly for not Tests. So far, our team is going with the form. They are in good form and that's it - that is how we're winning all our major ODIs against other test playing nations. Because if our players had really changed their attitude, then we should have won at least twice against the Test playing nations we have beaten so far. Just look at our team's winning record in ODIs - except for Zimbabwe and Kenya, we have never been able to beat a test playing nation twice, not over a period of 4 to 6 years (we could not beat Pakistan a second time, yet) and we certainly could not beat any test playing country in the same series. I am afraid this is a failure that our generation has to live up with.

shimraj
April 28, 2006, 12:10 PM
This is the only conclusion that I could come up with. Even though papers have been saying that our players have improved on their attitude a lot. But in reality, none of our players have learnt to believe in themselves. Not for ODIs, and certainly for not Tests. So far, our team is going with the form. They are in good form and that's it .

What do you mean by form? How can they be in good form now?

On a lighter note, since Ponting didn't play and floated a less than strongest team in the last ODI, BD felt insulted and took it very easily.

Anyone seen SN's tongue when he was walking back to the dreesing room after gone in the 3rd ball? Man, it was long and big:eek: . Definitely bigger than his performance.:) This tells me that our team has a lot to learn regarding maturity. His caricature clearly tells me that he didn't take this match seriously at all, neither did the other players in the team.

Mr-Cricket
April 28, 2006, 12:23 PM
His caricature clearly tells me that he didn't take this match seriously at all, neither did the other players in the team.
Jokes aside, you bring up a good point here. A commited team player would have been frustrated at getting out so early, and at the same time, angered at the ultimate decision handed down by the umpire. Either Nafees is very good at keeping a lid on his feelings, or he indeed, does not care. :-/

Tigers_eye
April 28, 2006, 12:24 PM
No the tongue was for the umpire not seeing the inside edge on the ball that he got out. That was a clear not out. But things like this happen in a match. sometimes you survive an appeal that was clear out, sometimes you get out when you are clearly not out. That's just part of the game.