PDA

View Full Version : BD selection board - a laughing stock

shimraj
April 28, 2006, 11:14 AM
I think BD selection board has proved beyond any doubt that they are incompetent and run by childish whims. I have no clue why they have included Ash after dropping him for the 2nd match. What were they thinking? There is no rationale behind recalling Ash for the 3rd match.

Mr-Cricket
April 28, 2006, 11:22 AM
"Childish whims" that visit this forum religiously, no less (It's so blatently obvious!). I just wish we could get one of them to agree to participate in an old-fashioned Q&A (where THEY ask questions, and WE respond: Clearly they have no idea what they're doing). It may just do the trick. :D

Fazal
April 28, 2006, 02:05 PM
http://www.alphadictionary.com/images/laughing.gif

Who is who?

layperson
April 28, 2006, 03:11 PM
yes the selectors r a confused bunch. According to me dropping ashraful was not on. Most people are forgetting that everyone failed in this ODI series except bashar so putting the blame on ashraful alone is not fair for the kid. Now the rational behind dropping ashraful was resting him to give him time to recover and by selecting him in this match the selectors are conceding their mistake because for sure a two days rest is not what they had in mind for the time frame ashraful needed to organize his game. This third ODI was a bad day at the office for the Bangladeshi team. HOwever ppl might come at me now since that ashraful failed once again. However I still stand by my observations about him and the team. I repeat we do not have replacements as of yet to drop players like ashraful. As someone has pointed very accurately in another thread we used to play with "talentless hardworkers" , now we play with "talented underachievers" and when we get "talented consistent performers" then we can afford to do without the inconsistencies of ashraful and the like but till then this is the best we have. Then it will be BAngladesh's time to dominate world cricket. Only the Almighty knows when that day will come but my gut feeling says it would be after the 2007 world cup based on how we perform in the tournament.

Rubu
April 28, 2006, 03:23 PM
This is no doubt the best selection board Bangladesh ever had. This is, however, no doubt that the board is loosing its touch slowly but surely. from squad selection to team selection to batting position, wherever selection board has power over, it is not doing a good job. double standard is what killing it most. A complete change might not be necessary, but taking off faruk from the head position and giving it to akram/bulbul/nannu and making the team with faruk and atahar as assistant would be a better solution for now. I think price is useless, as I never heard anywhere on the paper or anything that he had a say.

real123
April 28, 2006, 07:04 PM
I do not understand what selectors will do if players do not peform- even if we change from Faruq to Akram or Bulbul, i dont think there will be an overnight change.

One thing I see the so called think tank is lacking game plans or strategy. They shuffle too much for a player's position. They make a middle order bastsman to become an opener while an opener to become a middle order batsman .. and so on.

Also, special coaching should be given to players to iprove their techniques. We had been hearing a lot about problems in getting singles but batsmen are still blocking or trying to play risky shots for boundary. Above all, they are lacking fitness.