PDA

View Full Version : When will we see the end of Pilot?

Niceman70
April 30, 2006, 11:12 AM
When will we see the end of Pilot and the coming of new all rounder (batsman and wicketkeeper)? Please someone let us know if there is anyone out there in bangladesh can take pilot's spot. every test playing nation have allrounder on their wicketkeeper slot. why not bangladesh?

cricket_pagol
April 30, 2006, 11:16 AM
I am sure Pilot will come out of this slump... besides i don't think Rahim is ready to Pilot's spot yet.

cricman
April 30, 2006, 11:30 AM
This is cricket evrybody goes through periods of being in form and not, not ot long ago Pilot was averaging of 50 for a period of 10-15 matches and now it's bring rahim in

Carte Blanche
April 30, 2006, 01:35 PM
Rahim is a good prospect. I still think he needs to be groomed a little more. It's safe to say that Pilot's place in the team is under no reasonable threat. Unless we get a rising star like Gilly, Pilot's job is as secure as Healy's.

Bancan
April 30, 2006, 01:54 PM
Pilot is just out of form and he will be bak.:up: he has another 3-4 years of gr8 cricket to giv us.

Bancan
April 30, 2006, 01:54 PM
i think pilot is the best option. and rahim, he is too young to play. and can anyone tell me about mehrab hossain opi. is he coming back to cricket after his 1 yr suspension

chinaman
April 30, 2006, 02:14 PM
Dhiman and Rahim are notables. But I'm not looking forward to replace Mashud any time soon. He is the best keeper in the short history of Bangladesh and still has plenty to offer.

ialbd
April 30, 2006, 02:17 PM
with his long spell of bad performances and after that scandal in ctg (though might not be true, but scandal is scandal) .... I doubt how much of the old pilot are we gonna see by the time WC starts.
________
Mercedes 35 Hp (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes_35_hp)

Fazal
May 1, 2006, 09:42 AM
When will we see the end of Pilot?

When the plane is scrapped or chrashes and unable to fly any more.

Therefore not in my liftime. Pilot is permanently slotted in the team forever.

Sovik
May 1, 2006, 10:01 AM
Pilot is the best we have at this moment. musfiq rahim is good batsman and a keeper but he is not matured enough. i will say he will replace pilot in 3-4 years

SMHasan
May 1, 2006, 10:37 AM
Mashud's recent performence is not that good its true but before looking at him try to solve our opening and the top order problem.

cricketboy
May 1, 2006, 12:11 PM
He got out stumped in the same fashion twice in the series. He doesnt learn from his mistakes. But he should be continued because there is no better alternative at this moment.

Ahmed_B
May 1, 2006, 01:45 PM
Few days back ... Bashar was the most 'unfit' player of the team in another thread. Now someone wants Pilot's head.

Who's next? When will the next thread start that will claim Rafiq to be taken off the team? What about Mashrafee? Where is the thread asking for his head?! :duh: :head:

Shafin
May 1, 2006, 02:19 PM
I believe there was one after the chittagong test on Mashrafe

Bat-PadTogether
May 1, 2006, 03:13 PM
Enough is Enough!Pilot is finished!He drops sitters behind the wicket.Poor batting so its prime time to say him Good Bye!Rahim should be given more chances!We have some very good youngstars waiting.I cannot see any bright future for Pilot.Just check his record how long he has been in this circut!He is a burden for the team.

DJ Sahastra
May 1, 2006, 03:29 PM
And pray tell me why will you want to see the end of Pilot?

Sovik
May 1, 2006, 08:27 PM
He is a burden for the team.

Is he? and talking about Musfiq rahim. I saw him playing against England and Sri Lanka. He looked frightened. He should be included in National team. but not before playing some first class matches in National league. and why Only Musfiq Rahim. We should have atleast 5 more wicket keepers from 5 divisions (excluding pilot). Dhiman Ghosh is also good but only in under 19 level. if selectors include them they will spoil them. they need to mentally tough before playing for the nation. And for Pilot, he is still the best and he needs some time to pull himself together

Ahmed_B
May 2, 2006, 06:51 AM
its prime time to say him Good Bye!Rahim should be given more chances!
Firstly... putting Rahim in the team and taking Pilot out are not the same issues at all. Rahim is considered a genuin mid-order batsman and he can still play in #4/5/6 positions(considering that we still dont have stable players in there) if Pilot is in the team.
Enough is Enough!Pilot is finished!.....Just check his record how long he has been in this circut!He is a burden for the team.
Secondly... Pilot's average in last 20 ODI matches is 30.8 (what you think about it compared to other members of BD team?)and if you want to know the value of his batting for BD team in Tests.. then check out the stats in this thread:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=16093

Or are you talking about his last 3-4 ODI batting innings?

Miraz
May 2, 2006, 07:11 AM
We should start the process of replacing Pilot with a more capable batsman (particularly in tests) but obviously there is no need to hurry. Pilot should be playing until we find a better alternative. We should give Mushfiq or Dheeman few opportunities at international level to prove their mettle at this level.

IanW
May 2, 2006, 07:37 AM
Niceman,

Without putting a too fine a point on it, f!ck wicket-keeper batsmen.

Pilot makes that stumping, and Australia are trying to level the series.

Thats it, end of story, and mods feel free to moderate.

Pick your best wicket keeper. If they can bat, it's a bonus.

Ian Whitchurch

Sauron
May 2, 2006, 10:07 AM
Dhiman and Rahim are notables. But I'm not looking forward to replace Mashud any time soon. He is the best keeper in the short history of Bangladesh and still has plenty to offer.

Even after that luvvy-dubby stuff alleged by the tabloid? If you were the captain of BD team, I'm pretty sure that you'd moderate Pilot out of the team ... (smiley or no smiley, that is the question ... [sigh] ... okay, no smiley).

Niceman70
May 3, 2006, 01:21 PM
Is he? and talking about Musfiq rahim. I saw him playing against England and Sri Lanka. He looked frightened. He should be included in National team. but not before playing some first class matches in National league. and why Only Musfiq Rahim. We should have atleast 5 more wicket keepers from 5 divisions (excluding pilot). Dhiman Ghosh is also good but only in under 19 level. if selectors include them they will spoil them. they need to mentally tough before playing for the nation. And for Pilot, he is still the best and he needs some time to pull himself together

Can You give detail about dhiman? if you know. thanks!

Shakalaka
May 3, 2006, 01:59 PM
dont u guys think, Rahim is too undersized to be a WK?

Omio
May 3, 2006, 04:31 PM
whats wrong with pilot...