PDA

View Full Version : The Tour of Zimbabwe-Kenya

TheWatcher
May 2, 2006, 03:16 PM
Here comes the first definite piece of news-

Bangladesh keen to tour Kenya
Cricinfo staff
May 2, 2006

Bangladesh are hoping to play three one-day internationals in Kenya en route to their tour of Zimbabwe which is due to happen in July and August. The brief series depends on Bangladesh sorting out arrangements with the Zimbabwe board.

"We are in talks with Bangladesh who have expressed an interest, but we are still awaiting a programming schedule," Samir Inamdar, the Cricket Kenya chairman, told Cricinfo. "It would be a useful warm-up for us going to Canada and we would welcome that." Kenya are due to visit Canada at the end of July to play an Intercontinental Cup tie as well as some one-day internationals.

The Bangladesh A-team is scheduled to tour Zimbabwe between June 12 and July 10, and the senior side would arrive soon after. A Bangladesh board source confirmed that talks were ongoing and that "the ODI series is likely to be held some time between mid-July and the first week of August."

Tigers_eye
May 2, 2006, 03:19 PM
once again Cricinfo will be our middleman. pathetic approach by the boards.

TheWatcher
May 2, 2006, 04:03 PM
Aaargh, ZC is not intersted to host Bangladesh before September, according to Rafiqul Islam Babu, the joint secretary of BCCB.

However, Lobi is definite that Zimbos are coming to visit us in next Oct-Nov. During the ICC meeting, He requested WICB president to send WI team for a tri-nation tourny on that occassion.

Inqilab (http://www.dailyinqilab.com/maya3/pdf/sprots.pdf)

BagherBacha
May 2, 2006, 11:35 PM
what do u guys think abt a team? i don't wanna open a new thread for that.. my team will be(15 members team)... i will prefer a young team this time along with couple from seniors

goalm rahman
Nazmus sadat
tamim/nafees iqbal
Farhad reza( military med as well)
sakib
Shamsur rahman
tushar imran/rana
rahim
mahmudullah riyad
mehrab jr
Marshal ayub
suharwdi shuvo
arafat sunny/rezaul islam (off spinner)
dollar mahmud
shafaq

help me out here to include 1 more pacer . don't know who would be good here. there is this guy named Robin i think played for sonargaon. he was pretty good.

stand by...

Raquibul islam
forhad hossian
nazim uddin
aslam khan

bengaltiger
May 3, 2006, 07:07 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/FORTHCOMING/FORTHCOMING_TOURS_BDESH.html

cricinfo haven't updated their fixture yet...it seems b'desh will be playing again for the champions trophy between now and then...if zimbabwe doesn't host the series

TheWatcher
May 4, 2006, 11:35 PM
Source (http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3657959a1823,00.html)

NZC confirmed that they are going to host the Lanka team in Nov-Jan period according to the new FTP, instead of fullfiling their old commitment to host BD team during Dec-Jan period. Matter of fact, they are not hosting us or Zimbos before 2010.

Tigers_eye
May 5, 2006, 09:54 AM
What a blow!! I thought the NZ's are better than this. Didn't the SL team visit NZ last year? Is this is another Tsunami thing? Or are they worried if they lose one ODI that would damper their preparation for the WC? How much better are the SL ODI now than us????

sadi
May 5, 2006, 10:35 AM
I dunno why ICC let countries do that... I mean if every country do their own scheduling and chooses country they are going to play with, why is ICC there to begin with? Its really not fair...

Hatebreed
May 5, 2006, 10:58 AM
To hell with NZ.. I wish WI would host us ahead of the WC so we could get some preparation + they're a less tough opponent than NZ or SL.

TheWatcher
May 5, 2006, 01:19 PM
Mahbub Anam on the Zimbabwe tour- "Respective boards are working on the schedule and it is not unlikely to see a month's delay."

The national team are likely to get back in business from May 20, starting preparation for Zimbabwe and the proposed Kenya tours.

-DS

cricketboy
May 5, 2006, 03:59 PM
Its is excellent decision by ICC. New Zealand prepare green top hells for batsman and we should not play there before World CUp for our batsman to lose confidence. Remember last time India played "the great middle order of India" failed over there.

Tigers_eye
May 5, 2006, 04:00 PM
Its is excellent decision by ICC. New Zealand prepare green top hells for batsman and we should not play there before World CUp for our batsman to lose confidence. Remember last time India played "the great middle order of India" failed over there.
and then went on to the finals all the way. So we do not want to copy India and go to the WC Finals!!!

Omio
May 5, 2006, 08:24 PM
we want whitewash..

TheWatcher
May 14, 2006, 02:57 PM
Amardesh (http://amardesh.u46.futurecrafts.com/sub_section.php?NewsID=23987&NewsType=bistarito) said BCCB has sent a harsh warning to ZC that if they fail to host Bangladesh national team in scheduled period, ICC will be informed of ZC's breach of commitment. In result, ZC may have to pay $250,000 in penalty to BCCB.

Well, this is a hypocritical act from BCCB who never complained against BCCI for not hosting us a single time yet (while Zim has hosted us twice already). However, I have lost my sympathy for ZC, and I think this is high time they get a good kick in their bottoms to get their acts together.

Miraz
May 14, 2006, 03:09 PM
BCCB has no other option but to accept the slap from BCCI. In case of ZC at least they are showing their guts. There is no point of being polite when National team badly needs match practice ahead of Champions Trophy.

FaltuRidwanBhai
May 14, 2006, 03:58 PM
What a blow!! I thought the NZ's are better than this. Didn't the SL team visit NZ last year? Is this is another Tsunami thing? Or are they worried if they lose one ODI that would damper their preparation for the WC? How much better are the SL ODI now than us????

well i kinda support this idea. because wat ICC is trying to do is that it is trying to make everyone play everyone. but if ICC did not do that then probably Australia would never play with us. and another thing is that if ICC did not do this then the whole schedule would be very messed up.

TheWatcher
May 15, 2006, 05:47 PM
Source (http://www.eastandard.net/hm_news/news_s.php?articleid=1143952542)

Kenya will host Bangladesh "A" cricket team during a three one-day internationals (ODIs) in Nairobi in July.

Cricket Kenya (CK) chairman Samir Inamdar on Monday said the tournament is part of the national senior team’s build-up to the Inter-Continental Cup.

Great news. This amplifies the need to send a strong A-team on this tour.

al Furqaan
May 15, 2006, 06:35 PM
so we aren't playing 3 ODIs with Kenya, just 3 ODs or list A matches with our A team???

i suspect, our A team will be fairly evenly matched up with Kenya's national team. unless tapash and nazmul continue to bowl crap, we should win the series 2-1

Chemosit
May 17, 2006, 06:56 PM
Source (http://www.eastandard.net/hm_news/news_s.php?articleid=1143952542)

Kenya will host Bangladesh "A" cricket team during a three one-day internationals (ODIs) in Nairobi in July.

Great news. This amplifies the need to send a strong A-team on this tour.

I wouldn't be so sure on this - some Kenyan journalists struggle with the difference between a national team and an A team. :confused:

I believe Cricket Kenya are loking for a visit from the national team, but we shall have to wait and see.

My personal view is that it would be great to have both - a couple of four day matches and a limited overs game of two against your A side, then a couple of ODIs against your full side. I think both teams would benefit from this - we'd get more ecperience, and you would get more of a warm up before the Champs Trophy.
This could be wishful thinking though.:rolleyes:

Sam
May 18, 2006, 01:21 PM
I like your idea, Chemosit. In that case, BD 'A' team should travel a bit earlier and complete their tour before the national team arrive.

Sam
May 21, 2006, 01:29 PM
Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC) has finally agreed to host Bangladesh in July-August for a five-match one-day series.

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) received the confirmation letter from their Zimbabwe counterpart on Saturday after a disagreement about scheduling over the last few days.

It was long before decided and included in the recently revealed ICC (International Cricket Council) six-year future tour programme (FTP) that the Tigers would visit in July for five one-dayers but Zimbabwean authority was pressing to host the series in September citing some internal problems.
But Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC) gave the go-ahead following BCB's strong stance to play the series on schedule. The BCB had recently sent a pressing letter to the ZC.
http://thedailystar.net/2006/05/22/d60522040128.htm

TheWatcher
May 22, 2006, 05:18 AM
Excerpt from CI report (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/zimbabwe/content/story/248081.html)

Local reports indicate that the BCB is unhappy with the packed itinerary which sees five matches take place in eight days. It is thought that the BCB will continue to press for more rest time to be included between games.

What is also unclear is the situation regarding the Zimbabwe players who are contracted to play club cricket in England. At least eight of the side which toured the Caribbean are believed to be in that position, and given that they arrived a month into the English season anyway, the clubs may be loathed to release them.

That could account for Zimbabwe's eagerness to play the series in September, as by then all those players will have finished in England.

Draft itinerary
July 29 1st ODI Bulawayo
July 30 2nd ODI Bulawayo
August 2 3rd ODI Harare
August 4 4th ODI Harare
August 5 5th ODI Harare