PDA

View Full Version : There is not much to do in Bangladesh

Tigers_eye
May 2, 2006, 04:11 PM
This is out of warne's mouth. lol

While speaking of against the popular thought of a comeback in ODIs he said:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/245934.html

"I have taken 200 wickets in the last two years in Test matches and that is no coincidence. I have been playing better than ever. John Buchanan must have misunderstood what I was saying and I know people have been saying that I have been talking to Ricky Ponting but in Bangladesh there was not much else to do but talk."

My question is What does he want to do in BD? As far as i know one can do anything in Bd except speaking against the media.

Guys, what do you think Mr. Warne had in his mind?

rudro
May 2, 2006, 04:25 PM
He was missing Blondies, for sure!

abdulw11
May 2, 2006, 05:09 PM
I find this quite insulting to be honest.

mhferdaus
May 2, 2006, 06:08 PM

Au contraire, this is quite a compliment, if truly there is nothing do for devils in Bangladesh then I would think this place as a heaven he eh :D. But I guess he did not have time to meet up with local luchass:p.

Stumped
May 2, 2006, 06:51 PM
Hmm, it is different for someone who is not from Bangladesh to know what to do. I admit I went there for a week last dec and all I could do was shop. I got told of a theme park bout hour or so away from Dhaka but with traffic and all it is hard to get out. Also there was a smaller theme place in Gulshan(forget the name). And the roads are confusing...i ventured out on my own once and nearly got lost lol... I enjoyed it though for the week i was there but any longer and i would have run out of money.

chinaman
May 2, 2006, 07:15 PM
hmm, blame the weather for not making the skin a bit thicker :)

Zunaid
May 2, 2006, 07:35 PM
Yeah not much to do - like taking wickets.

Braveheart
May 2, 2006, 07:53 PM
I don't blame him. If you grow up in a western country it would be really hard to keep yourself occupied in Bangladesh.

Shakalaka
May 3, 2006, 05:05 AM
Warne is SOB. he got kicked on his teeth. and got one good game (one good day, infact) against us and most of his wickets were tailenders.

He better take his sorry *** to Australia and find something to talk about there.

Bengali_bradman
May 3, 2006, 05:10 AM
It's so arrogant!!!

Bengali_bradman
May 3, 2006, 05:11 AM
Ha had nothing to do which can create new scandal ...Poory warnie ...:(

nas
May 3, 2006, 06:25 AM
Im grown up here in uk, but when we go to bangladesh,
honestly speaking all i do is going to wedding and visiting realtives wih my family, onone cares if im enjoying it or not! u just have to go along with this.

im sure warne is on about leisure activites, i dont think its an insult, he is telling what he thinks.

istiak
May 3, 2006, 07:55 AM

Being a British i can understand your anger against Warne, but truly speaking i don't think he was telling anything against BD. For a western born person BD can be utterly boring.

Tigers_eye
May 3, 2006, 08:55 AM
Things to do for the Cricketing ambassedor's in BD.

1. Visit any children's hospital, any hospital. Give free autographs. Touch people's heart. This would make you feel that you did something.

2. Visit any village see how the poor survive, how hard it is to work under the hot sun without sunscreen or ray ban/gucci glasses. Would appreciate of what they have. May be try to manuver the plow and the ox. Would be a funny experience that they will remember for rest of their lives.

3. Make small training camps for local kids even an hour would help this nation.

4. Take a boat (no engine) ride in any river. May be learn how to stir. Paddle a rickshaw. talk about experiences that they never had.

5. Learn how to play danda-guli, marbel, spin lattu, carom.

6. Chittagong has lots of mesmerizing site seeing spots. stop by at some of them.

--------
For the westerners (guys), when they talk about things to do, they prefer enjoyment for themselves only. Nightclubs, pubs, shooting pools and picking up chicks are their way of having a fun-time or may be look at guys and gals (old and young) at the nude beaches. This is not the way we lead our lives in BD (most of us).

On another note: may be this is an excuse for him of not be able to get that many cheap wickets as he thought he would get. He was bored so could not concentrate on his bowling and got belted for 112 for 0.

Rabz
May 3, 2006, 09:48 AM
c'mon mate..not everyone is steve waugh

6alltheway
May 3, 2006, 11:45 AM
Being a British i can understand your anger against Warne, but truly speaking i don't think he was telling anything against BD. For a western born person BD can be utterly boring.

true, when i went on holiday i did find it borin sometimes so yeh it can be boring.

Fazal
May 3, 2006, 11:58 AM
If you stay home all the time or looking for entertainment only defined by western culture, it can be pretty boring in Bangladesh.

However if you are open learn new things, then go outside including villages, talk with people of different status, you will find lots of information about them: their life-style, daily problem they are facing, how they are tackling those, how they entertain themsleves, their opinion about their lifestyle, western lifestyle, their definition of happiness, their goal in future, their opinion on local, state and world politics, etc, etc.

Trust me, if may not be fun experience, but at least I can guarantee you that it will not be boring. Furthermore it will open another dimension in your thought process in your every day events and activities in future.

bangla_amar
May 3, 2006, 01:04 PM
Can't blame warnie. Usually he gets involved into some sensational sex scandal while traveling......hotel receptionist, waitress...numerous of them...probabaly got a big slap in the face when when he tried his advances this time...

Shakalaka
May 3, 2006, 01:58 PM
If you wanna look for western culture in Bd, then you better keep your head towards west all the time and dont move from your country. BD is the most fun place i have ever been. You have to be willingful enough to learn about new culture.

People who wants similar things, then whats the point of traveling to another country??

Try to diversify your experience.

DJ Sahastra
May 3, 2006, 04:54 PM
He needs to visit Dayal Baba's Banana Plantation :)

DotBall
May 3, 2006, 05:05 PM
This is out of warne's mouth. lol

My question is What does he want to do in BD? As far as i know one can do anything in Bd except speaking against the media.

Guys, what do you think Mr. Warne had in his mind?

You are reading too much into it. What could the Aussies do except for staying at hotel and playing gold one day. They have security issues (may be not) and thus can't just walk around the city and shower in smoke and dust. They don't eat "dal puri" or "chot-poti", so not much left for them to do.

Sauron
May 3, 2006, 05:15 PM
নেই কাজ
তো খই ভাজ

মনে হচ্ছে ওয়ার্ন বাবাজি বাংলাদেশে খই ভেজেছে। আর এখন আমরা খই ভাজছি।

I don't see anything wrong with what Warne said ... looks our females kept their legs together and hence Warne's frustration. If he expected a wild clubbing scene in Bangladesh, then it's good that he knows now that it's different. Next time he comes to visit Bangladesh (if ever), he can bring a lot of books and a chess board with him.

BioMEMS
May 3, 2006, 06:29 PM
Im grown up here in uk, but when we go to bangladesh,
honestly speaking all i do is going to wedding and visiting realtives wih my family, onone cares if im enjoying it or not! u just have to go along with this.

That is so true! I hate showing my face to people just for the sake of it. I would rather go an trip to explore the country on my own but I guess that's wishful thinking when you go there with your parents. Fortunately (or not) I have been pretty ill for the last few times I went there (food/water problem) so my parents are scared to even mention Bangladesh to me these days. :D

Well getting back to the topic, Warne has every right to feel bored as the 'nightlife' in Dhaka is non-existent compared typical Goraland. Besides the lack of wickets and girls must have frustrated him a lot :p

jabbar
May 4, 2006, 01:04 AM
Sorry, but the guy who posted this thread is a retard. Warne was not talking about the lack of things to do in BD, he was only saying that in Bangladesh, he could do no more than talk about playing ODI (he couldn't play ODI). You guys are so pathetic. It's almost as if you are searching for someone to make a derogatory comment about BD. The minute a visiting player sneezes in a media conference, all you bozos will be shouting: "look, he sneezed on us and our nation! he insults us and the very thing we stand for! Aaaauuurghhh!"

SMHasan
May 4, 2006, 10:23 AM
Things to do for the Cricketing ambassedor's in BD.

1. Visit any children's hospital, any hospital. Give free autographs. Touch people's heart. This would make you feel that you did something.

2. Visit any village see how the poor survive, how hard it is to work under the hot sun without sunscreen or ray ban/gucci glasses. Would appreciate of what they have. May be try to manuver the plow and the ox. Would be a funny experience that they will remember for rest of their lives.

3. Make small training camps for local kids even an hour would help this nation.

4. Take a boat (no engine) ride in any river. May be learn how to stir. Paddle a rickshaw. talk about experiences that they never had.

5. Learn how to play danda-guli, marbel, spin lattu, carom.

6. Chittagong has lots of mesmerizing site seeing spots. stop by at some of them.

--------
For the westerners (guys), when they talk about things to do, they prefer enjoyment for themselves only. Nightclubs, pubs, shooting pools and picking up chicks are their way of having a fun-time or may be look at guys and gals (old and young) at the nude beaches. This is not the way we lead our lives in BD (most of us).

On another note: may be this is an excuse for him of not be able to get that many cheap wickets as he thought he would get. He was bored so could not concentrate on his bowling and got belted for 112 for 0.

Well said Cats eye. There are lots to do in BD if you want to do. I think Steve Waugh would do lot of things if he would be here. Not like a bloke like Warnee who always after a scandal.