PDA

View Full Version : I want to make a cricket team in NY

cricketfreak
May 2, 2006, 05:45 PM
Salam Waleikum bhai shob. I want to make a cricket team here in NY. I currently have only 2 players, requiring at least 10 more. If anyone is interested in joining the team, please email me at groundhawk2006@gmail.com . I mainly wanted people from High school, but anyone of the age from 14 to 24 should be great for the team. We will be playing a lot over the summer, and we should meet every weekend, Saturday or Sunday for practice.
So, anyone interested?

mhferdaus
May 2, 2006, 06:10 PM
Salam Waleikum bhai shob. I want to make a cricket team here in NY. I currently have only 2 players, requiring at least 10 more. If anyone is interested in joining the team, please email me at groundhawk2006@gmail.com . I mainly wanted people from High school, but anyone of the age from 14 to 24 should be great for the team. We will be playing a lot over the summer, and we should meet every weekend, Saturday or Sunday for practice.
So, anyone interested?

come to bd man, we can play cricket here. how much is the plane cost???

sadi
May 2, 2006, 09:47 PM
just curious... are you planning to play in a league or something?

Fazal
May 3, 2006, 12:18 PM
come to bd man, we can play cricket here. how much is the plane cost???

Depend on the passanger capacity, condition (old, new, etc), manufacturer, etc. Now if you want to purchase to make another air-plane restaurant, then you can contact Bangladesh Biman. You can get some grounded plane at cheaper rate. Now if you have connection you can it almost free also.

sadi
May 3, 2006, 12:38 PM
lol fazal..... yeah I guess plane cost a lot if you don't have connection and he is better off playing cricket here in new york!!!

Tigers_eye
May 3, 2006, 12:53 PM
plane fare costly?? How about passport renewal $110 + Address change $44 + Reentry Visa requirements and cost + insurance (getting sick is a must) + medicine and shots geez! the other factors adds up.

Faceoff
May 3, 2006, 01:01 PM
Once you make the NY team, you should come play the bangla tigers here in texas. May be we will develop a rivanlry similar to the cowboy-giants :)

Niceman70
May 3, 2006, 01:11 PM
Im interested and i can bring about two more people.

sadi
May 3, 2006, 02:25 PM
Once you make the NY team, you should come play the bangla tigers here in texas. May be we will develop a rivanlry similar to the cowboy-giants :)

We already have a NY team... we went to Atlanta last November and beat them 2-0. It will be interesting to play against Texas someday. Do you guys have any kinda league around there??

Faceoff
May 3, 2006, 03:19 PM
We already have a NY team... we went to Atlanta last November and beat them 2-0. It will be interesting to play against Texas someday. Do you guys have any kinda league around there??

There is a team that plays in the professional league. Dotball bhai is in that team.

Nihi bhai,Ismacker bhai,Dotball bhai,
Ektu awaz den.

sadi
May 3, 2006, 03:23 PM
professional league?? Nice... we have a pretty decent bengali league here in new york.... players like atiar, biddut, parvez, jahangir, anis play here every year...

Orpheus
May 3, 2006, 03:24 PM
if it's not serious, i am in cuz I suck.. and i want 3 turns for my batting.

allrounder
May 3, 2006, 03:42 PM
Do any of you practise or just go and play matches? I want to know if I could join the practise sessions with anyone playing cricket in NY.

cricketfreak
May 3, 2006, 08:46 PM
well guys, we are hoping to practice at least once a week in the summer time. Plus, we will be arranging matches with other teams at first, not entering a league. They will be mostly friendly matches. But I need a whole team. I got emails from 2 people already, and anyone else who is interested should email me at groundhawk2006@gmail.com with their name, address and age please. Also, try to specify your cricket skills too. This is serious, we will be making a team, and be practicing every week. So people who are serious about cricket should come to play with us. We might enter a league someday.

sadi
May 4, 2006, 09:02 AM
Do any of you practise or just go and play matches? I want to know if I could join the practise sessions with anyone playing cricket in NY.

you can come and join a practice session with us.... maybe this saturday, you can come to kissena blvd as we are having a six-a side tournament.... league starts from next week....

allrounder
May 4, 2006, 12:50 PM
What time will the practise start?

shaoun
May 4, 2006, 02:19 PM
where are you guys planning on practicing?

Tigers_eye
May 4, 2006, 03:06 PM
We already have a NY team... we went to Atlanta last November and beat them 2-0.
Cricket khelatey football'er scoring? nice we can utilize BNS properly.

sadi
May 4, 2006, 03:47 PM
lol... I meant we won the 2 game series 2-0.

sadi
May 4, 2006, 03:49 PM
What time will the practise start?

Well you can come to kissena blvd ground this Saturday around 12pm.... You will definately get to meet most of the cricket people in new york....

cricketfreak
May 4, 2006, 05:40 PM
you can come and join a practice session with us.... maybe this saturday, you can come to kissena blvd as we are having a six-a side tournament.... league starts from next week....
I want to come too, I live on kissena blvd! what park are you talking about? the kissena corridor park? the problem is that i have an sat II this saturday, and will be late even if I come. I might come at around 1pm, is that ok? And I will be completely new, but I am pretty good if i do say so myself. Should I come?