PDA

View Full Version : Coming up: What's up Dav?

TheWatcher
May 4, 2006, 12:39 AM
From TC (http://tigercricket.com/PreDave.aspx)

Apart from his obvious credentials as a cricket coach, Whatmore is also an articulate speaker, a meticulous writer, has a great sense of humour and packs a wit. That is why TigerCricket.com wants to present Whatmore in a different light through his own personalised column What’s up Dav? The topics will range from cricket or sports in general to lifestyle, hobbies, recollections and anything that the Tigers’ coach wishes to share with the readers and fans.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P></O:P>

What’s up Dav? Will debut very soon and the column would come out twice every month, each time furnished with a new topic.
<O:P></O:P>

TigerCricket.com will have copyright of the column. Any reprint, reproduction of the column or using portions of it as reference in any print publication or website without acknowledging the source (TigerCricket.com) will be treated as a breach of copyright.

Stumped
May 4, 2006, 07:54 PM
hee hee hee hee.... I cant wait to read it!

SMHasan
May 4, 2006, 08:18 PM
A very nice work done by tigercricket. We need more cricket writers as we want to be an established nation in the cricket world. To be perfect you need critics. In other test playing countries we see their ex cricketers are writing columns in their newspapers but as for us its not happening yet. We all know Lipu, Nannu have got good cricket brains so they should try to write columns. But at the same time newspapers have come to them.

BanglaCool
May 5, 2006, 07:52 AM
Stumped, you can give us the manuscripts to check Dav's spelling mistakes. :)

Omio
May 5, 2006, 08:31 PM
let me read..

Stumped
May 7, 2006, 11:35 PM
lol... i wish i were able to see them myself before they will be put on there... We live in diff countries so may be little bit hard!

Kana-Baba
May 10, 2006, 10:45 AM
good job by tigercricket.com

one little suggestion - someone please change the web designer cause the page looks horrible and not at all soothing for eyes. The guy must be a color blind.

kalpurush
May 10, 2006, 09:51 PM
Finally... we might convey our messages(banglacricket fans) to Dev!

TheWatcher
May 17, 2006, 02:12 PM
TigerCricket (http://tigercricket.com/DavColumn2.aspx)

After his usual rhetorics about Australia series (again, with very little technical analysis), this is what DW disclosesd about coming serieses in Africa-

The team now has a small recess. In the future tours programme, we are listed to go to Africa next to play Zimbabwe . Also, as we have entertained Kenya they are also keen to reciprocate us and because of the cost of airfare it is much better to travel to Kenya while we are still in the neighbourhood. So we would like if possible and if the Board is able to do it, to go to Kenya for three matches and then to Zimbabwe for five ODIs.

The boys will be reporting for duty again possibly in the first week of June. As readers may know, Stuart Karppinen our strength and conditioning coach who has been very active and has been helping the fast bowlers as well because of his personal background as a quick bowler, is leaving the team on the 22nd of May and his place is being taken by Paul Chapman who comes to us from Canberra . He is well qualified and eager and ready to get his teeth into continuing the good job that Stuart had started.

The team has met Paul. The Board was kind enough to bring him down to have a little hand over period from Stuart. He was present with us during the third one day international and was very upset. The first game he saw us play was a bad one but I have assured him that it was not a correct reflection of the Bangladesh one day team and we will do a lot better and there will be a lot more happier times.

‘Chappy’ will start building up the boys for another set of competition and he will start with a programme that will last five weeks. It will commence purely with a physical flavour to it with strength and conditioning and a lot of interval running work. Skills will be brought in around the end of the first week of June and we hope that the weather will not be too bad. But this is the rainy season so most of it I guess will have to be done at the indoor facility in Mirpur.

The tour to Zimbabwe is very, very important for us. Many judges all over the world would say that Bangladesh are better than Zimbabwe and it has been said to me before by other good judges in cricket. Whilst I agree with that statement, what brings us back on a level playing field is the conditions we are going to play them in. It is totally different. It is the middle of winter in Africa and we can expect the weather to be a lot cooler although in the middle of the day it’s quite pleasant, around 20 degrees. But really it’s sweaters in the morning and sweaters in the late afternoon and the ball does move a little bit more because of the cooler conditions. Zimbabwe , who are in self-exile in the longer version of the game, are still very keen to show the world that they are competing in the one-day form but I still think that we will start slight favourites.

So we’ll need to address the condition factor in our skills and we’ll need to get into form quickly, first of all in Kenya and I hope the tour comes off and then get over to Harare and Bulawayo, strut our stuff and win matches. That’s what it’s all about.

The final squad that will commence training in June would be named some time this month and I’m sure that the selectors would feel that this tour is a terrific opportunity to have a look at one or two boys who we feel could be long term servants of Bangladesh cricket.

Miraz
May 17, 2006, 03:06 PM
This is a much better analytical article from Dav compared to previous one.

ialbd
May 17, 2006, 06:44 PM
and I was reading Prothom-Alo, and Dav is now giving out awards in the Meril-prothom-alo Award ceremonies....hmmm
________
One Tree Hill Dicussion (http://www.tv-gossip.com/one-tree-hill/)