PDA

View Full Version : Why is Bangladesh not over there?

mzia
May 4, 2006, 08:26 AM
From 22<SUP>nd</SUP> April Euro-Asia cup tournament has been inaugurated in Abu Dhabi. India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, UAE, Ireland and Holland are participating in the name of “A” team. Why Bangladesh is not in the tournament? http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2006/OTHERS/EURASIA/EURASIA_APR-MAY2006_SCHEDULE.html

I do not find any reason as three test playing nations from Asia are participating in this tournament why not Bangladesh? Sri Lankan “A” was touring in Bangladesh at middle of April, that might be a reason, I think, but Sri Lanka still managed to go over there!!
<O:p</O:p

Bangladesh should have managed to participate the tournament. It could be a great exposure for Bangladeshi young players in context of upcoming WC.
<O:p</O:p

Is it the outcome of poor BCB management or am I hitting a wrong bell?

Ahmed_B
May 4, 2006, 08:40 AM
I have been partially watching some of the matches for the last few days and the same thought came to my mind. Why is Bangladesh-A team not there whereas some associate nations are playing?!But I doubt that BCB has anything to do here. It is actually upto the organizers to decide who they want to participate. This is surely unfortunate that they decided to leave BD out... specially after the high level of promise that our younger teams are showing.

Miraz
May 4, 2006, 08:49 AM
I think BCB should be able to communicate with the organizers and convince them to send A team more often to diffrent away tours.

sadi
May 4, 2006, 09:03 AM
yeah I was thinking the same thing....... it was a loss for us... players like sakib, mehrab could've got so much experience from playing such tournament

sar2005
May 4, 2006, 09:43 AM
I was expecting someone to open a thread on this and here it is. I really don't understand why we are not there. Only thing came in my mind that it could be due to number of participant countries (6, 3 test playing, 3 associate) UAE did not invite us. Oh Ma't, it could be amazing if our A team could get a chance to play this tournamant.
I would really like to know the reason of ommiting BD.

istiak
May 4, 2006, 09:50 AM
I was also very surprised to see BD not playing! After the first match i tried to find BD team in cricinfo but oh BD is not playing.... It would be a very good chance for our young players.

Tigers_eye
May 4, 2006, 03:51 PM
Why not CB host something like this since they didn't get the invitation. I am sure Canada or scotts would love to travel BD so would Namibia We have Nepal or malay. NZ and SA A teams would be more than happy to be in a tournament like this.

sar2005
May 5, 2006, 03:38 AM
Why not CB host something like this since they didn't get the invitation. I am sure Canada or scotts would love to travel BD so would Namibia We have Nepal or malay. NZ and SA A teams would be more than happy to be in a tournament like this.

Very good point and idea. But only problem is with our weather that limits us playing or hosting much cricket. Trust CB will try to arrange something like this in next season if the calender permits.

Omio
May 5, 2006, 08:27 PM
chintar kotha..