PDA

View Full Version : Is the difference so clear?

Fazal
May 4, 2006, 12:13 PM
I was looking at the front page of BC and found the following picture:

http://www.banglacricket.com/pictures/newpic577.jpg
The difference is clear for now. © AFP

But failed to understand what they are talking about? About her teeth, eyebrow, makeup, hair style?

We need another picture ( before versus now) to clearly see the difference. Moreover is this an ad for someting? Like dentist, toothpaste, makeup, hair-style product?

Just wondering.... as nothing else is going on.

User Name
May 4, 2006, 12:35 PM
I like the kid. He looks determined and intense.

Hatebreed
May 4, 2006, 01:12 PM
I don't see the difference?.. Is it white vs non-white? Happy vs Sad? Acne vs no acne? :umm:

The kid looks like Rajin Saleh :D

Fazal
May 4, 2006, 01:25 PM
Ok I see. That makes sense.

Child = Rajin
The Woman = The Team

After scoring a century, Rajin's postion in the team is pretty much set for a while.

However, in that case, the caption/text should be somthing like
"Rajin akhon Mayeer Koley" or something like that.

Ockey
May 4, 2006, 02:28 PM
Just wanted to ask who comes up with the homepage captions?
Would someone mind explaining what "The difference is clear for now. © AFP" means relative to the picture?

The Banglacricket site has come of age and is attracted a lot of traffic. It would be nice if the person in charge of writing captions titles learned how how to write captions. Talk to your English professors if you have to. I am sick of reading bad captions on the site.

Also, I was surprised to see that news about Bangladesh hosing some of the WC games in 2011 still has not been posted under the "Latest News" section.

chinaman
May 4, 2006, 02:41 PM
Sorry to hear that. Well, I don't have a professor I can turn to now a days and of course English is not my mother tongue :)

The picture caught my eye in that the lady epitomized the Aussies as being matured while the tigers are in their boyhood just like the boy in the picture as of now. However, few years from now, the lady might not be that playful while the tigers will be at their prime - just the boy would. Recent U19 matches tell similar tales, don't they?

babubangla
May 4, 2006, 02:41 PM
Yes..this kind of things are unacceptable.
Our subscription money goes to their pocket, but they don't even care to work !!
They better fix these problems soon, otherwise I will cancel my subscription!!

Tigers_eye
May 4, 2006, 03:00 PM
Those who are sick and tired of reading the BC Caps:
let me know your address will try to send your medicines ASAP. Will not charge anything for that.

Fazal
May 4, 2006, 03:27 PM
What subscription money? Whose pocket it is going to? What refunds? What I need to do to get that? What kind of professor? What he is goung to do to us? What kind of medicine? Who needs that and for what reason? Who moved this thread from Forget Cricket and for what reason? This thread was meant for Forget Cricket so that 'Moha Muskil' sereous fan don't get offended by this low quality thread in Bangladesh Cricket.

Khaisee .... things are gettting too warm for my comfort.

nightwatchman
May 4, 2006, 04:37 PM
difference is the girl is ugly and happy on the other hand the boy is totally disturbed and angry..

Hatebreed
May 4, 2006, 05:34 PM
That's more like Aussies being mature:

http://graphics.boston.com/bonzai-fba/AFP_Photo/2005/12/24/1135432246_2409.jpg

http://uk.altermedia.info/images/australians2.JPG

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/tx/weekinpictures/media/ap_sydney_riot_405.jpg

But tigers will soon catch up:

http://www.elca.net/openaworld/bangladesh/images/crickett.jpg

Sovik
May 4, 2006, 05:38 PM
The Lady is representing australia and the boy represents Bangladesh. and the boy is cute and she is not

Fazal
May 4, 2006, 05:49 PM
But tigers will soon catch up:

Sure we are... but I would rather use the picture below to prove that we are closer to Australia in catching up
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/61700/61773.jpg

Hatebreed
May 4, 2006, 06:13 PM
The difference I see -

Aussie civillians are violent, they beat people up and the police try to enforce peace

Bangladeshi police are violent, they beat civillians up and there is no peace

Stumped
May 4, 2006, 06:20 PM
oh my gosh... why promote those pictures?! What happened in syd had nothing to do with cricket. And what happened with all the media is un-fortunate. Show your maturity by not showing violence! Im ashamed of those pics from aussie and would not like everyone to think that is what we are like. The pic of the lady and bub can mean so many different things... It was a smart caption as it has made u think... but i fear yall have takin it to the wrong level...

kalpurush
May 4, 2006, 07:17 PM
chinaman: A good and thoughtful caption and timely too.

Sauron
May 7, 2006, 03:30 PM
Can we not take that pic down now? I get it. So does most of other members.

But enough of corny intellectualism ... please change it to something else, anything.

Omio
May 7, 2006, 04:20 PM
Very easy to understand...
Lady laughing bcoz Aus won the seris..
BD boy looikng sad for losing BD

Frost
May 7, 2006, 05:29 PM
I'm enjoying the thread. Seeing sick people and also doctors who are ready to help the sicks. Nice cooperative forum. I love it and proud to be a member :)

akabir77
May 7, 2006, 06:50 PM
dmm all this going on and i have been avoiding this thread.. I thought oh what will i see in this one..I know bd is the boy and the lady is the strong aussiss but all these...

ha ha ha subcription... fix caption... my fathers site what else

Rabz
May 8, 2006, 12:11 AM
i don see what's the fuss here ??
who didnt get the meaning of the pic and caption ??
even STEVEI WONDER would get the meaning.....

i thought that was a real clever pic ...
the diff couldnt be any more clearer....
day n night
black n white( not in a racist sense for those who get pissed for no good reason)
child n adult
BD n Aus
NO 10 Vs No 01

.... but NO THANKS to those PAID-WORKERS who does NOTHING and sit on their AR** everyday to make this website look like [edit]..

so i ask u GOOD-FOR-NOTHING mods to go and buy CAPTIONS-for-DUMMIES 101

n as my first language is also not english..we could all use the help of some gret literate Inglis Professiour for all our mistakes and furthre enlightment....

ammark
May 8, 2006, 12:52 AM
I''m taking a break from studying from my finals, and man, its refreshing to see this thread. Love the contrast of the dholai-pitani scenes :D

chinaman
May 8, 2006, 10:30 AM
.... but NO THANKS to those PAID-WORKERS who does NOTHING and sit on their AR** everyday to make

this website look like [edit]..

so i ask u GOOD-FOR-NOTHING mods to go and buy CAPTIONS-for-DUMMIES 101

Did anyone collected money from this good-for-nothing poster in the name of banglacricket? If so, please return his money at once and tell him to get a life, we certainly do no need those dummies in here.

DJ Sahastra
May 8, 2006, 10:44 AM
Trust Fazal Miyaan to come up with something like this :)

Fazal
May 8, 2006, 11:22 AM
How come this useless thread can get so much attention, it just baffles me.

Already 25 replies and 345 views? Looks like some people have nothing else to do.... and who created this thread anyway.... shame on you.:E

Orpheus
May 8, 2006, 11:55 AM
yeah caption was crystal clear to me...

Good caption. I mean what else can you write with that pic? Let's come up with some...

1. An ugly Aussie adopts Rajin's son?
2. No more tax break
3. Do you like my hair.

Let's brain storm guys...

Now I am more convinced this was a damn good caption.

zahid
May 9, 2006, 04:36 PM
Here's what I think:
AUS - happy BD - sad
AUS - old BD -young
Rajin is sad cos his hard work was ultimately of no use ( Rajin!!!??!!)
Aus at top ( flag position on head!)
:D