PDA

View Full Version : Faruque Ahmed is now an ICC Cricket Commitee member!

TheWatcher
May 5, 2006, 12:00 AM
From ICC website (http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc-media/content/story/246180.html)

The ICC Cricket Committee is made up of the following personnel:

Chairman - Sunil Gavaskar
Tim May
Faruque Ahmed
Mansoor Ali Khan ("Tiger") Pataudi
Angus Fraser
Allan Border
Majid Khan
Errol Stewart
Arjuna Ranatunga
Roland Holder
Kevan Barbour
Roland LefebvreFive members of the Cricket Committee are nominated by all the players from Full Member teams, five are nominated by all the Full Member boards, one member is nominated by the players from the Associate Members and one is nominated by the boards of the Associate Members.

The player representatives must have represented their country as a player at full international level. The board representatives shall have either represented their country as a full international player or have been an international umpire within the last ten years.

The Chairman of the Cricket Committee must be a former international cricketer who has played a minimum of 30 Test matches or has captained his country and must have a current link with the game. The chairman has a casting vote only.

The Cricket Committee meeting in Dubai on Friday and Saturday includes six former international captains, four players who have ICC Cricket World Cup winners' medals and two of them - Sunil Gavaskar and Allan Border - are among only five players in the history of the game to have topped 10,000 Test runs.

Rabz
May 5, 2006, 12:38 AM
good for him...but what's his role ??
what would he do as the member of the cricket panel ??

sar2005
May 5, 2006, 03:51 AM
So, what's his role? Any good for BD??

TheWatcher
May 5, 2006, 04:05 AM
ICC Cricket Commitee is basically a panel of cricket pundits. Before, cricket rules were used to be made by MCC only, now it is cricket commitee's job. Rules such as super sub, power play, 15 degree flexing limit, etc are formulated by this commitee.

Faruque's appointment may not bring any direct benefit for Bangladesh, but I am still happy to see that he earned such an honorable position in international cricket. Also, in long term, his experience in working with such an elite panel will obviously be beneficiary for Bangladesh cricket.

cricketboy
May 5, 2006, 04:03 PM
SO he is the head selector and also in ICC commitee? I hope people like Raquibul Hasan and Akram Khan becomes int. match referee or some post like that.

Omio
May 5, 2006, 05:50 PM
dekha jak Faruk ki kore,,

SMHasan
May 5, 2006, 09:18 PM
Not surprising Faruqe is there cos icc took one person from every test nations and two associate members.

akabir77
May 5, 2006, 09:57 PM
Faruk will bring his chacha to bhai as driver khalato bhai as baburchi....

kalpurush
May 6, 2006, 12:35 AM
At least...he is going to creat some new jobs for Bangladeshi!?

annie
May 6, 2006, 11:52 AM
Faruk will try to push for rajin or shareer. A real culprit always pops up in the scene with some political connections. Everybody was laughing when he was captain during Amarnath, when he doesn't warrant a place in the team. Other guy, prince (like a banana tree in bd selection now) didn't show during the match with keneya that time. This guy destroyed the career of bulbul. You may see him for MP election in future.

SMHasan
May 6, 2006, 08:18 PM
I dont understand why people are saying that Faruqe's position in the ICC is powerful. He will do that, will do this, he will bring hen, he will bring ten....

Listen guys his role in this technical position does not give him too much power at all rahter than he will participate some technical meetings of ICC. Thats it.

আর দয়া করে আর চাচা ভাতিজার গল্প বাদ দেন তো।

Omio
May 7, 2006, 06:38 AM
I dont understand why people are saying that Faruqe's position in the ICC is powerful. He will do that, will do this, he will bring hen, he will bring ten....

Listen guys his role in this technical position does not give him too much power at all rahter than he will participate some technical meetings of ICC. Thats it.

আর দয়া করে আর চাচা ভাতিজার গল্প বাদ দেন তো।

আসলে তার কোন কাম নাই, নামে নিয়ে রাখছে...

Miraz
May 7, 2006, 06:57 AM
Faruq has got one of the better cricketing brain in Bangladesh and has done much better compared to previous chief selectors (think about Waliul and co..). I think he is one of the strong member of the Committee. He is the best choice for that position from Bangladesh.

Braveheart
May 7, 2006, 11:51 AM
Faruk will try to push for rajin or shareer. A real culprit always pops up in the scene with some political connections. Everybody was laughing when he was captain during Amarnath, when he doesn't warrant a place in the team. Other guy, prince (like a banana tree in bd selection now) didn't show during the match with keneya that time. This guy destroyed the career of bulbul. You may see him for MP election in future.

Just wondering about your comments regarding prince. I don't think he was a selector back then. How did he ruin bulbul's career?

rudro
May 7, 2006, 10:52 PM
Other guy, prince (like a banana tree in bd selection now) didn't show during the match with keneya that time. This guy destroyed the career of bulbul. You may see him for MP election in future.
Pls. Explain.............

Fazal
May 8, 2006, 01:39 PM
Other guy, prince (like a banana tree in bd selection now).
With or without any Banana hanging in the tree? Because thats makes a huge difference to me. The next minor issue is:
Is it Shagor Kola or Shorfi Kola, or that boro boro bichi ola kola?

sadi
May 8, 2006, 03:27 PM
Noone likes Faruque and there is a reason for it. He is biased (Pechwala jake bole). Ofcourse, he is rich and he got some connections but he is probably one of the most disliked figure in Bangladesh cricket right now.

Sam
May 9, 2006, 04:37 AM
Noone likes Faruque and there is a reason for it. He is biased (Pechwala jake bole). Ofcourse, he is rich and he got some connections but he is probably one of the most disliked figure in Bangladesh cricket right now.
Sorry to disagree with your statement. Many of us belief that he is doing a good job as a selector and many changes brought instant good results. There are few cases when he might have been dictated to do so or we can call it "bad" decisions, but they are very few.

Miraz
May 9, 2006, 04:47 AM

I certainly disagree with you. He is one of the best selectors we ever had and is doing extremely fine as the chielf selector. He has got a very good cricket brain and we need to keep him in touch with national team to use his potential. I feel almost eight out of ten people like him as a cricketer or as a selector.

sadi
May 9, 2006, 08:41 AM
Well some of you here misread my post. I was talking about his personality. Sorry if I wasn't clear in my post but when I said that most people don't like him, I meant most players in Bangladesh. I personally know some players and am saying it from experience.

As a selector, he did a decent job. Could've done better but I will take him over waliul or whoever it was before faruque group.

Fazal
May 9, 2006, 01:08 PM
I kind of Agree with Miraz. However to be precise, in my estimation, I feel almost 4.33 out of ten people like him as a cricketer, 6.125 out of tem like him as a selector, and 5.625 out of ten people like him as a person. However 7.75 out of 10 people like him as a cricketer or a selector or a person or a human being. Margin of error of my survey is 30%, therefore its within the range that Miraz mentioned.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

TheWatcher
May 9, 2006, 01:27 PM
Questions for sadi, how many of those players you know actually have played for the national team? How many of them got booted out of the team because of Faruk? and, finally, how many of them are known themselves as sidha-sadha, volavala cricketers ?

sadi
May 10, 2006, 07:57 AM
Atleast 3 of them played for his club side.... its hard to tell who is shida-shada and whos not.... again I am not talking about his days as national teams selector but long time before that... In Dhaka, every cricketer has some kinda reputation and thats how he is known there

TheWatcher
May 10, 2006, 05:14 PM
You never know for sure sadi, there may be a particular group of players who are envious of Faruk because he is from a well-to-do family, a quiet but respected personality, and he actually knows something about cricket.

I personally like him because, among the board officials, selectors, and our national team management, I find him the most open and honest person to BD media.

sadi
May 11, 2006, 08:42 AM
Maybe. But I talked to many different players and most of them don't seem like him for the same reason.