PDA

View Full Version : A. Aftab Or A. Kapali

tiger1000
May 5, 2006, 11:16 AM
I Think Bdesh Should Give Kapali A Chance Because Aftab Hasnt Done Something Good Recently . Since Kapali's Return Kapali Is On A Better Form Than Aftab

Fazal
May 5, 2006, 12:08 PM
I Think Bdesh Should Give Kapli A Chance Because Aftab Hasnt Done Something Good Recently .

Good question and perfect topic for off-season kotha shotha...

In my humble opinion, even though Kapali (its safe to assume that you meant Kapali by Kapli) and Aftab are doing ok... i think its time to consider some other available options for all-rounder. I think its time to reconsider bringing back Khaled Mahmud and Mushfiqur Rahman ( no no ... its not Musfiq the smiling kid... its Musfiq the Biman Bala).... I think if we, the BD fans, send a petetion for ChaCha to reconsider his on-again off-again retirement... he may reconsider again.

Even though its kind of recycling old wine in new bottle... but you know we are talking about wine here... the older it gets ... the richer it gets in-terms of taste and value.

What you say? :up: or :down: idea?

sadi
May 5, 2006, 12:42 PM
Here are some more topics we can talk about:

S. Nafees Or M. Ashraful
M. Rafique Or M. Mortaza
H. Bashar Or R. Saleh
T. Imran Or F. Hussain
K. Boyati Or K. Sufia

Omio
May 5, 2006, 02:45 PM
Both r tallented..

Tigers_eye
May 5, 2006, 03:18 PM
K sufia

cricketboy
May 5, 2006, 03:53 PM
Good question and perfect topic for off-season kotha shotha...

In my humble opinion, even though Kapali (its safe to assume that you meant Kapali by Kapli) and Aftab are doing ok... i think its time to consider some other available options for all-rounder. I think its time to reconsider bringing back Khaled Mahmud and Mushfiqur Rahman ( no no ... its not Musfiq the smiling kid... its Musfiq the Biman Bala).... I think if we, the BD fans, send a petetion for ChaCha to reconsider his on-again off-again retirement... he may reconsider again.

Even though its kind of recycling old wine in new bottle... but you know we are talking about wine here... the older it gets ... the richer it gets in-terms of taste and value.

What you say? :up: or :down: idea?
Are you out of your mind? Sujon is ancient history, why shoiuld we go backwards. You consider SUjon allrounder, he is nothing. We should then also bring back Bulbul, Akram and Athar. Mushfiqur Rahman had torrid time in international cricket and he needs to do well for A team before getting in first XI. I think Kapali is a good batsman for ODI, can take singles and he should be in the team for the World CUp next year. Aftab needs to control his aggression. Both Kapali and Aftab should be in the squad.

Tigers_eye
May 5, 2006, 03:56 PM
We want sujon!!
We want sujon!!
We want sujon!!

Sujon fan-club!!

This is the petition. Everyone sign.
Those who don't want to sign, enroll in my SARC 201 class. still have some seats available. I promise I will be easy on you guys.

Tigers_eye
May 5, 2006, 03:58 PM
...Both Kapali and Alok should be in the squad.
This is what I am talking about. If you want to be a fan you must ask for two spots for one player.

Rubu
May 5, 2006, 04:12 PM
Are you out of your mind?

Fazal, I think its time we open a two week crush course on sarcasm .000001

tiger1000
May 5, 2006, 04:15 PM
Are you out of your mind? Sujon is ancient history, why shoiuld we go backwards. You consider SUjon allrounder, he is nothing. We should then also bring back Bulbul, Akram and Athar. Mushfiqur Rahman had torrid time in international cricket and he needs to do well for A team before getting in first XI. I think Kapali is a good batsman for ODI, can take singles and he should be in the team for the World CUp next year. Aftab needs to control his aggression. Both Kapali and Alok should be in the squad.

yep mahmud is a bad player.

u wrote both kapali and alok
do u mean kapali and aftab.

Fazal
May 5, 2006, 04:21 PM
Are you out of your mind? Sujon is ancient history, why shoiuld we go backwards. You consider SUjon allrounder, he is nothing. We should then also bring back Bulbul, Akram and Athar.

You didn't like my idea about bringing back Sujon and Mushfiq Rahman then? But c’mon ... instead bringing that Motku and Athar again?... besides if Athar comes back (that’s not a bad idea), but who will select the team then? There is a chance that CoCo Mia will replace that slot, should we take that risk? Moreover who will replace him in the commentary box? That taklu from Channel-I? See there is too much risk bringing back Atahar again.

Now here is a compromise. Let’s try to bring back Faruq, Faisol Hossian and Sanwar back instead.

tiger1000
May 5, 2006, 04:27 PM
rahman ok but sujon is just terrible the less talented captain ever

Fazal
May 5, 2006, 04:33 PM
rahman ok

Exactly... thats why I mentioned about Rahman.... he can bat a lil bit ball a lil bit... and moreover due to his biman-bala experience can serve a lil-bit also.... but looks like people here doen't like him that much.

al Furqaan
May 5, 2006, 04:34 PM
kapali or aftab??? r u kidding?

thats like asking, tait or mcgrath.

however, kapali should be in the pre-lim team, but he hasn't shown anything to warrant a spot over aftab or ash (though both are close to it, but thats because of their failings rather than alok's prowess).

personally, I don't think alok is in aftab and ashraful's class. he is one step below. because he has had the same number of chances as ash and aftab, yet has no matchwinning innings, whereas aftab and ash have a few, and that too against worthy opposition.

i would say that bangladesh players can be grouped this way (in fact i will create a seperate thread for this purpose). the groupings incorporate both innate ability [read 'talent'] and actually application of that 'talent.'

highest group:

ashraful and aftab

2nd:

shahriar nafees, rajin saleh and bashar

3rd:

nafees iqbal

4th (Keep these batsman away from any bowlers):

tushar, javed omar, al shahriar rokon

*** the 4th group are the ones that should be discarded. tho tushar is borderline 3. bashar is not in the highest group, but ash and aftab are, because bashar though he has led from the front, is not a matchwinner. never was, and never will be. that top echelon is reserved only for matchwinners, and only shahriar nafees has the potential of listed players to join them. rajin will not, though i love his game. alok has been left out because as i have not seen him play, and know very littley about his batting, it would be unfair to rank him.

however, i would predict that alok would be in group 2.

as for the bowlers:

1st:

Rafique and Mashrafee

2nd:

Shahadat, Enamul, Russel, Rana

3rd:

Razzaq, Nazmul, Tapash

4th (Bowlers who should stay away from any batsmen):

mushfiqur rahman, tarek aziz

*** Razzaq joins Nazmul and tapash because hes played far too few matches, but he really might be a 2nd tier bowler. Similarily, Rana is 2nd tier, and may be a 3rd group type. Again 4th group should be discarded. to be honest, enam and shahadat have the potential to join rafiq and masri, and so too does russel.

TheWatcher
May 5, 2006, 04:49 PM
There is a chance that CoCo Mia will replace that slot, should we take that risk? .....
:mad: Fazal, why are after CoCo mia? He is the best ever cricket manager I had. We had won the Yunus Colony Vs Gani Colony, World Gali Cricket Series, solely because of him (he promised to treat our opposition with dailpuri, if they would not give us hard time). If we had such an inteligent person behind our national team, we would sure have won the serieses against Australia too.

Fazal
May 5, 2006, 04:56 PM
:mad: Fazal, why are after CoCo mia? He is the best ever cricket manager I had.

Looks like you have more insider information that I do about CoCo mia. Based on your past reputation, I trust you. Good to know that selecting CoCo Mia is not a problem then.

That solves one problem for Atahar. But what about Taklu Mia? Can you use your connection to somehow include Taklu Mia'r Name into RAB wanted list?

tiger1000
May 6, 2006, 10:38 AM
i will pick both

to play 1 test to see how they do

if they do good keep them both

Miraz
May 6, 2006, 10:44 AM
We want sujon!!
We want sujon!!
We want sujon!!

Sujon fan-club!!

This is the petition. Everyone sign.
Those who don't want to sign, enroll in my SARC 201 class. still have some seats available. I promise I will be easy on you guys.

I am signing the petition.

I am placing another petition to bring back Lipu as captain as we all know Bashar is not a good captain. So,

We want Lipu
We want Lipu
We want Lipu
We want Lipu

Please sign the petition, I'll send it to BCB.

DJ Sahastra
May 6, 2006, 10:58 AM
I would say, G. Golla :)

tiger1000
May 6, 2006, 01:05 PM
bashar is better than lipu

Miraz
May 6, 2006, 01:24 PM
bashar is better than lipu

Lipu can be more aggressive and also has got huge huge experience as a captain. Bashar can concentrate more on batting. What do you think??

tiger1000
May 7, 2006, 05:06 AM
lipu's batting average is more than 10 less than bashar batting average

thebest
May 7, 2006, 06:10 AM
Pls explain. I did not understand
undoubtly Lipu is the best captain Bangladesh evr had.Unfortunately he did not have the resource.

Omio
May 7, 2006, 06:41 AM
ভাইরে সবাই আমাদের player, এতো compare করে কোন লাভ আছে?

Miraz
May 7, 2006, 06:43 AM

Hmmm!!! in ur mind Lipu is a very poor batsman. He can be still a good captain.

Ok if not Lipu what about Akram, Bulbul or Nannu back as captain. They are senior, has got plenty of experience and decent batting strength. What do u think :confused:

Omio
May 7, 2006, 06:47 AM
Akram is the great of BD cric..

tiger1000
May 7, 2006, 11:06 AM
akram averages 17
and all of u saying old retired players should be
captain

Miraz
May 7, 2006, 11:33 AM
akram averages 17
and all of u saying old retired players should be
captain

Hmm!!! sounds irrelevant. You are right. Forget old retired players.

What about bringing in Mushfiqur Rahim as captain. He is young, talented, captained U 19 side. Graeme Smith was captain at the age of 21. I think you will like this one. What do you think :confused:

tiger1000
May 7, 2006, 12:06 PM
maybe captain after 5 years but not now he isn't 20
far too young

Omio
May 7, 2006, 12:36 PM
Average dir ki hobe..oi somoy kar average valo chilo..ekhono ba kar ase

Miraz
May 7, 2006, 12:50 PM
maybe captain after 5 years but not now he isn't 20
far too young

Hmmm!!! again you are right. What to say :confused:

One request 'Don't get excited as you are right and please don't open another useless thread' :E

NADIM A
May 8, 2006, 03:23 PM
I Think Bdesh Should Give Kapali A Chance Because Aftab Hasnt Done Something Good Recently . Since Kapali's Return Kapali Is On A Better Form Than Aftab

YES... i agree with you. Definately bangladesh should give Kapali a chance. They don't know what kind of player he is! and about Aftab, i would say, think about the other palyers before thinking about Aftab.