PDA

View Full Version : An insult...

Kamini
May 6, 2006, 04:46 PM
Friends,

I have been insulted in this forum by the esteemed group of moderators with high grade of ethics.:down:

Now read the article below and see what other think of BD.

http://www.cricketnext.com/news1/next/veera/veeru156.htm

My question is can BD prove that they are not weak, as the article claims and win against Greg Chappell in the first match of WC ?

It is necessary that BD Cricketers take this as an insult and perform.

How do you rate BD's chances in this particular match?:love:

chinaman
May 6, 2006, 07:44 PM
This is a very poor characterization of a benign comment. I really failed to make a connection between the article and your accusation.

In any event, if you think you were hurt by a moderator, including myself, in any way, please feel free to state your position either publicly or privately. We'll discuss it among the mods & admins. I can assure you that we will be as fair as we possibly could. Thank you.

Hatebreed
May 6, 2006, 11:51 PM
The article doesn't 'claim' anything, it called Barmuda minnows and not us, which is good for a change.

I think the guy is just not under-estimating BD, because it's India's very first game in the WC and the last time BD played India, BD it almost beat Ind in the 1st game, then beat them in the 2nd but lost the final. Since then we have improved and it's only a matter of time people started taking BD more seriously.

cricman
May 6, 2006, 11:57 PM
HateBreed read the title "India take on two weak teams first in World Cup campaign"

Hatebreed
May 7, 2006, 12:52 AM
I don't find any insult from that title, although 'weaker' it would have been a fair term, at least it's not 'minnows' or 'weakest'.

Kamini
May 7, 2006, 01:29 AM
Let me clarify:

Right now Bangladesh should not be considered "WEAK" ...at least that is what I think after they have competed with Australia so well, except in the last match.

I think BD will be able to put up a good show. No kidding.

Frost
May 8, 2006, 12:08 AM
I did not find anything wrong with the article. Yes, we beat Ausies, Pakis, Indians, Sri Lanaks, Zimos - but we failed to do make it a habbit. So it's still fair to call us a weak team. As a fan it hard for me to accept this fact, but does not change the reality. We should be mature enough to understand that.

Sovik
May 8, 2006, 10:21 AM
i don't care what cricket next say. they highlighted mcgills 3 wickets against bd and said nothing about Nafees's fine 138

Hatebreed
May 8, 2006, 10:40 AM
I was watching this Indian music channel called B4U and there was a song request show going on.. some Bangladeshi dude e-mailed to play that James song... the VJ started talking about Bangladesh cricket and he was surprisingly praising how much we've improved, that we've done well against Australia consider how strong they are, but we have to be more consistent, etc etc... Now you guys probably don't care what an Indian tv presenter says about our cricket but his opinion seemed honest, something you wouldn't usually see from a hardcore cricket fan or website of any country.

Mr-Cricket
May 8, 2006, 11:10 AM
Right now Bangladesh should not be considered "WEAK" ...at least that is what I think after they have competed with Australia so well, except in the last match.

I haven't read the article/forum, etc, but I don't understand why you are taking offence to Bangladesh being labelled a "weak" side. Winning a game, here and there, and merely competing, does not qualify us as a "strong" side (or whatever it is that you're getting at). On the contrary. Thinking strictly in Football terms, Australia/Japan are both vastly improving sides, and both have shown enormous potential/promise in recent times against far more fancied opponents. However, both of these sides are still weak on an individual skill/application level when compared to the opposition. That does not mean they cannot compete/upset a "stronger side" on their day. But the point is, a side of Brazil's calibre will not go into a game against Australia thinking what if? Similarly (back to Cricket), India will far more at ease opening the tournament against a 'Bangladesh', as opposed to a 'Sri Lanka'. That does not mean they would take the Bangladeshi game less seriously than the Sri Lankan game. But Bermuda & Bangladesh must still be considered 'weak' teams, given the opposition. I mean, we're seeded 11th for gods sake! Get over it! :)

EDIT: I've just had a quick look at the article - I don't see what all the fuss is about?
"...Former champions India will start their 2007 cricket World Cup campaign in the West Indies against Bangladesh on March 17 followed by a game against minnows Bermuda on March 19..."

Fazal
May 8, 2006, 11:23 AM
Kata Ghayee Nooner Chita?

TheWatcher
May 8, 2006, 03:28 PM
Matter of fact, India is facing three weak teams in group stage- Lanka, BD, and Bermuda (given in the order of weakness).

If any Lankan fan find my comment insulting, I am sorry, but truth hurts.

Shafin
May 9, 2006, 06:05 AM
It'll hurt more when india will leave in the group stage,beaten by BD and SL

Miraz
May 9, 2006, 06:25 AM
It'll hurt more when india will leave in the group stage,beaten by BD and SL

:confused: ;) :) :lol:

prasad
May 9, 2006, 08:33 AM
miraz sir,pressed print screen and have saved the image for future reference.:)

Frost
May 9, 2006, 09:13 PM
Even if Bangladesh end up beating all the teams in 1st round (which, as a fan, I wish to see in WC07), the fact "as of today" remains the same - Bangladesh is weaker than India and Sri Lanka.

DJ Sahastra
May 9, 2006, 10:01 PM
Pagla Baba!!!

Amake Bachao :)

Seems like too much fuss over too little.

Can Bangladesh team beat India? Yes.

Can SL team beat India? Yes and very much so.

Can Bermuda beat India? Highly unlikely but possible.

Is Bangladesh the weaker of the three teams (India, SL, BD), Yes.

Can India be knocked out of the group stage? Possible.

akabir77
May 9, 2006, 10:40 PM
DJ
Pagla baba asholai khepsey..
>>>Is Bangladesh the weaker of the three teams (India, SL, BD), Yes.
how can bd be weaker then BD????

jabbar
May 10, 2006, 12:17 AM
i think we ought to stop crying like little children whenever someone slings an arrow at us. Honestly, it is so childish when I read a thread titled: "Read this negative article about BD!!!" or the like. It is really tiring and boring. I'm sure that visitors to this forum will think that BD fans are all a bunch of sissys who cry over meaningless comments made on irrelevant websites such as cricinfo (yes, you heard me right - cricinfo is meaningless).

So, forget what others say and enjoy the cricket which BD are involved in. Be grateful that they are actually playing alongside the big boys. As soon as BD is established and consistent, all these kind of comments will be a distant memory. Besides, the more you give importance to such comments (by highlighting them on this forum, for instance), the more the 'knockers' will be encouraged to continue making comments. Of course, when someone from an influential section of the media or cricket fraternity (such as influential past players) makes a comment, THEN we should retaliate. But not at every single little one-liner that is made in the entire WWW.

crickwizard
May 10, 2006, 03:33 AM
I think it is cultural, we care too much on what other thinks and says. It hurts BD cricketer's concentration, hee hee

DJ Sahastra
May 10, 2006, 12:51 PM
DJ
Pagla baba asholai khepsey..
>>>Is Bangladesh the weaker of the three teams (India, SL, BD), Yes.
how can bd be weaker then BD????

Akabir,

I understand you are just playing with me :). But i'll still answer that for others who might get confused.

"Is Bangladesh the weaker of the three teams" is different from "Is Bangladesh weaker than the three teams"

First one means something like "In between the three teams, Bangladesh is the weaker one". The second one means "When compared with the three teams, Bangladesh is the weaker one".

Zunaid
May 10, 2006, 01:01 PM
Can't use a comparative for more than two entities (if known) - use the superlative form. Let's change the direction of this thread to an esoteric discourse on syntax and semantics. I am on! :)

DJ Sahastra
May 10, 2006, 01:05 PM
Can't use a comparative for more than two entities (if known) - use the superlative form. Let's change the direction of this thread to an esoteric discourse on syntax and semantics. I am on! :)

Hmm ... Zunaid Sir, I am curious.

Example please. :)

I feel i have read comparative for multiple entities but what one reads need not be correct. I'll like to know though.

Kamini
May 10, 2006, 11:40 PM
Kata Ghayee Nooner Chita?

No! As you would know!

BD:up: should transfrom the 'possible' to 'likely' and then to 'done'.

Fazal
May 15, 2006, 12:39 PM
No! As you would know!

BD:up: should transfrom the 'possible' to 'likely' and then to 'done'.

What do mean by 'done'? I thought the game haven't started yet, and they are already done? Are you saying thats the best BD can offer? So you are saying "Khel Khotom Poisa Hojom (with just one ODI win against India) and now its time to go home?

Shame on you Kamini for under-estimating the future potential of Bangladesh Cricket...

For your information, we have super talented players like Ashraful, Rajin, Alok, Javed Omer Gullu, Taposh, Hannan Sarker who haven't reach their potential yet... just wait and see when they shine....

mhferdaus
May 15, 2006, 01:05 PM

You mean, it should be 'weakest of the three teams'?

hmm, you are confusing me, I think both weaker and weakest works here but ultimately I do not care about english, cuz sooner or later this language is going to change, like the word often, pronounced before as offen now pronounced with the t sounding like often, very confusing the language is, then again most languages in the world are that complex.

About the article who cares? did you go to chiria khana and saw the monkeys poking fun at you ( bhengchi kata )? you want piece of them too?

If you feel insulted then pray ( wish for the atheists ) that BD shows some opponents' chamra sula performance, then their mouth would automatically will be shut.

Kamini
May 15, 2006, 10:54 PM
What do mean by 'done'? I thought the game haven't started yet, and they are already done? Are you saying thats the best BD can offer? So you are saying "Khel Khotom Poisa Hojom (with just one ODI win against India) and now its time to go home?

Shame on you Kamini for under-estimating the future potential of Bangladesh Cricket...

For your information, we have super talented players like Ashraful, Rajin, Alok, Javed Omer Gullu, Taposh, Hannan Sarker who haven't reach their potential yet... just wait and see when they shine....

Will they reach their potential before retirement, I mean before the WC?:heart: :heart:

Baundule
May 18, 2006, 12:42 PM
Will they reach their potential before retirement, I mean before the WC?:heart: :heart:

Kamaini, they are beating India even before they reach their potential. I don't know what will happen in those days, when they are playing at their full potential. India is already too afraid of losing to these 'going-to-retire' boyz :lol: shame shame!

Captain
May 20, 2006, 02:34 PM
Kamaini, they are beating India even before they reach their potential. I don't know what will happen in those days, when they are playing at their full potential. India is already too afraid of losing to these 'going-to-retire' boyz :lol: shame shame!

well when they play in their full potential India may be in their 1/2 potential and can still win.BTW when did they beat India or for that matter any other top team in a series..just a win here and there doesn't count ..it's called an upset.Let that time come and we can hope for better things...no use speculating

Sovik
May 20, 2006, 08:15 PM
every win counts. atleast for me.

6alltheway
May 21, 2006, 06:45 AM
I was watching this Indian music channel called B4U and there was a song request show going on.. some Bangladeshi dude e-mailed to play that James song... the VJ started talking about Bangladesh cricket and he was surprisingly praising how much we've improved, that we've done well against Australia consider how strong they are, but we have to be more consistent, etc etc... Now you guys probably don't care what an Indian tv presenter says about our cricket but his opinion seemed honest, something you wouldn't usually see from a hardcore cricket fan or website of any country.

Its true what he said, we need consistancy and at the moment we are a weak team.