PDA

View Full Version : Dav's Column: Where we are

sadi
May 10, 2006, 01:10 PM
Dav Whatmore wrote a column in Tigercricket.com where he expressed his views. Check it out.

http://www.tigercricket.com/PostDave.aspx

Fazal
May 10, 2006, 01:17 PM
Dav's Column: Where we are?

We are already here (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=16331) from yesterday.

sadi
May 10, 2006, 01:21 PM
I guess I am a day late.... lol....

Miraz
May 10, 2006, 01:21 PM
Good positive article. I have to admit Dav is a good motivator.

LateCut
May 10, 2006, 01:25 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=newsdetails vAlign=top>Rafique and Shahadat in Asia Eleven
Sports Reporter, The Daily Star News, Thu, May 11th, 2006

Ace left-arm spinner Mohammad Rafique and fast bowler Shahadat Hossain will represent a Rest of Asia team that play two friendly matches against Pakistan at Jeddah on May 18
and 19.

Shahadat replaces fellow fast bowler Mashrafee Bin Mortuza, who pulled out of the matches after being advised to take rest following a spate of injuries in recent times.

VVS Laxman, Anil Kumble, Gautam Gambhir and Ajay Jadeja are the Indian members along with Sri Lankans Sanath Jayasuriya, Romesh Kaluwitharana and Kumar Dharmasena.

Pakistan captain Inzamamul Haq will lead a virtually full-strength team in these two friendlies.

The two Bangladeshi players leave for the Saudi Arabian port city on May 16.

I think Shahadat is OK to be playing. I think Rafique should be resting after such an hectic schedule. What do you think?
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=right width=180> </TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

sadi
May 10, 2006, 01:26 PM
Jadeja is playing... I guess its a fun trip

sadi
May 10, 2006, 01:27 PM
Good positive article. I have to admit Dav is a good motivator.

Yeah... but basically same old stuff... I was expecting some inside scoop :)

Miraz
May 10, 2006, 01:30 PM
Yeah... but basically same old stuff... I was expecting some inside scoop :)

I found the following paragraph exciting

'We are on the look out. We are blessed at the moment with a fairly good group of under 19s who have just completed the World Cup. I feel there will be one or two there that will impress the selectors sufficiently over the next few months during Academy matches and A team matches to earn their promotion into the top flight. And those players that do earn the promotion will certainly be able to strengthen the team because they will be multi-skilled players. So in many ways this is an exciting period for Bangladesh cricket and particularly in the one-day form with which we will be only involved with in the next 12 months leading up to the World Cup. That’s something all followers of Bangladesh cricket around the globe will be able to track and they can see the progress and feel that the team is further moving in the right direction.'

I feel selectors will be trying Sakib, Mehrab Jr. and Mushfiq in coming Zim-Kenya tour.

sadi
May 10, 2006, 02:12 PM
spot on. Whatmore always liked multi skilled player and we have some good ones in under-19 bunch. He also talked about the difference between first class structure of australia and bangladesh.

TheWatcher
May 10, 2006, 03:17 PM
I feel selectors will be trying Sakib, Mehrab Jr. and Mushfiq in coming Zim-Kenya tour.
It can be Farhad Reza too. I remember Bashar saying that Reza's name came up during the selection meeting before the SL series. Whatmore saw him taking five wickets against SL-A, if he can click with bat during A-team's Zimbabwe tour, then this boy may have a very good chance for the national team.

Anyway, like sadi, I too found nothing but DW's old motivational rhetorics here. We all know our domestic cricket is very far from being anything like Sheffield Shield, any suggestion how can we improve it ?

sadi
May 10, 2006, 03:21 PM
Well it would have been much better if we could've asked Dav some questions. I remember when tigercricket got started, they were planning to have a section where the reader can ask coach questions but it never happened.