PDA

View Full Version : Rafique and Shahadat in Asia Eleven

Miraz
May 10, 2006, 01:24 PM
From Daily Star

Ace left-arm spinner Mohammad Rafique and fast bowler Shahadat Hossain will represent a Rest of Asia team that play two friendly matches against Pakistan at Jeddah on May 18 and 19.

Shahadat replaces fellow fast bowler Mashrafee Bin Mortuza, who pulled out of the matches after being advised to take rest following a spate of injuries in recent times.

VVS Laxman, Anil Kumble, Gautam Gambhir and Ajay Jadeja are the Indian members along with Sri Lankans Sanath Jayasuriya, Romesh Kaluwitharana and Kumar Dharmasena.

Pakistan captain Inzamamul Haq will lead a virtually full-strength team in these two friendlies.
The two Bangladeshi players leave for the Saudi Arabian port city on May 16.

Omio
May 10, 2006, 03:10 PM
Y sahdat, y not masrafi.

Tigers_eye
May 10, 2006, 03:22 PM
Y sahdat, y not masrafi.
May be Inzi wants Shahadat to perform Umrah with him?? And stop him from kissing his "tabij"

sadi
May 10, 2006, 03:22 PM
he is rested

Omio
May 10, 2006, 03:41 PM
May be Inzi wants Shahadat to perform Umrah with him?? And stop him from kissing his "tabij"

who was the selector for thats team, I thnk may b any Indian selector..

Sauron
May 10, 2006, 05:02 PM
Nice!

One thing that this inclusion proves - Our bowlers are world standard, batsmen are not. Well, we all believe that already. But this substantiates that belief.

I'm hopeful that at least one (Rafique, who else) will be in the first 11. And I am sure that we'll be proud of the performance that Rafique and/or Shahadat puts in.

Sovik
May 10, 2006, 05:12 PM
In last Afro-Asia cup Mashrafee wasn't picked for a single game. lets hope it doesn't happen with Rafique or Shahadat

TheWatcher
May 10, 2006, 06:49 PM
India sending 4 players, Sri Lanka 3, and Bangladesh 2, from where the other two players will come ? From UAE?

BTW, how is that cricinfo, pcb, acc, etc cricket sites have nothing about those two friendlies in Jeddah ?

jabbar
May 10, 2006, 08:09 PM
Y sahdat, y not masrafi.

Can't you read. It says that masri is injured and can't participate. Stop whining and get back to playing stickcricket.

LateCut
May 10, 2006, 09:42 PM
I made apost onthe same subject elsewhere. I am risking rpeating myself. I think Shahadat was a good choice but Rafique should have been rested and Junior should have been sent instead.

cricketboy
May 11, 2006, 12:44 AM
Shahriar Nafees should have been selected. :( ANyway I hope Jadeja doesnt teach match-fixing to Shahadat and Rafique. :rolleyes:

Ahmed_B
May 11, 2006, 01:34 AM
Dont bother guys.. about who's in and who's out. Last time they used the BD players almost to carry drinks only. If the case is same this time again... then its pretty much useless to discuss who sould have been there or not.

al Furqaan
May 11, 2006, 10:17 AM
it was a replay of a 2000 world v asia match.

sorry.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/www.cricketplanet.net

Tigers_eye
May 11, 2006, 10:25 AM
India sending 4 players, Sri Lanka 3, and Bangladesh 2, from where the other two players will come ? From UAE?
Afganistan may be??

Nepal is a good choice. How about Malay? This is a friendly match. more like a vacation trip.

allrounder
May 11, 2006, 11:08 AM
Also remember when last time Ashraful was included and send to bat, he went for a duck probably of first ball, trying to hook and throw his bat out of the ground not the ball.

Mahmood
May 11, 2006, 12:55 PM
Even if Masri was selected, we should not let him go, we need him for the national matches more than these meaningless friendlyes. Remember how he costed us for his injury from the Afro Asian practice?

Shahriar should have been sent instead of Rajib.

sutru
May 11, 2006, 01:41 PM
From Daily Star

Ace left-arm spinner Mohammad Rafique and fast bowler Shahadat Hossain will represent a Rest of Asia team that play two friendly matches against Pakistan at Jeddah on May 18 and 19.

Shahadat replaces fellow fast bowler Mashrafee Bin Mortuza, who pulled out of the matches after being advised to take rest following a spate of injuries in recent times.

VVS Laxman, Anil Kumble, Gautam Gambhir and Ajay Jadeja are the Indian members along with Sri Lankans Sanath Jayasuriya, Romesh Kaluwitharana and Kumar Dharmasena.
Pakistan captain Inzamamul Haq will lead a virtually full-strength team in these two friendlies.
The two Bangladeshi players leave for the Saudi Arabian port city on May 16.

it is very good news that bangladeshi palyer are playing for asia against pakistan.. also very happy because rafiqe will be play for asia, he is a real true tiger for bangladesh. guys one more thing this game maybe friendly match but there are one very special player is playing , his name is ajay jadeja. one of my favarite palyer. i wish he do well in this two game , then he will have chance to get beck in national team. i want to see rafiqe and jadeja in the game together and hitting all pakis bowler all over the boundrey becuase both batsman are hard and pinch hitter. may be we see in this game like rafiqe and ajay jadeja instend of rabin singh and ajay jadeja,. lets see what happen .

bangla_soldier
May 12, 2006, 05:07 AM
whoever wrote this chats soo much shittt.......

hw can the full strengh pak team be playin if shoaib is injured and most of dem in county duties,........ derrrrrrrrrr....

nd its tru...... it is not on any sites sooo........