PDA

View Full Version : Canada beats WI-A

Mahmood
August 3, 2002, 01:14 AM
We are going down, and they are coming up...

Click here ... CA beat WI-A (http://plus1.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/2002/OTHERS+ICC/WI-A_IN_CAN/CAN_WI-A_02AUG2002.html)

[Edited on 3-8-2002 by Rajputro]

Tehsin
August 3, 2002, 01:59 AM
This wasn't a West Indies selection just for the heck of it. This was the true West Indies A side that has the strenght to really damage our batting/bowling.

I knew Canada was good but I have to see the other results to make sure that this wasn't a fluke. Than again, when was the last time we had a fluke (99 WC and First test vs India)? Flukes don't happen often. :(

Zobair
August 3, 2002, 12:51 PM
has come a long way in canada for sure...the other day I went to a soccer tournament organised by the Bangladeshi community here in Montreal...and the local minucipality commisioner announced that the city of montreal was developing a dedicated cricket arena with proper pitches in response to increased demand for cricket facilities!!! I got to see the field and it is pretty cool...though it is to double up as a soccer field too...

Mahmood
August 4, 2002, 09:11 PM
.... And BD still doesnt have a cricket stadium.

(sigh)

Tehsin
August 4, 2002, 09:45 PM
I guess they are entitled to their upsets. :)

WI won the second match by 5 wickets after blowing them away for 125. :)

Tehsin
August 6, 2002, 03:02 AM
They won their last match by '5' wickets in the last over. NOw, it may b presumptious of me but I'd say we'd lose the series against this West indies 'A' team. It could be 0-3 or (if we apply ourselves fully) 1-2 but I don't think we'd be able to make it 2-1 or 3-0. *sigh*

Off course, if we get Indians and Sri Lankans, and Pakistanis play for us, we can definitely repeat these same performances. *wink*

Mahmood
August 6, 2002, 10:04 AM
Other counties are getting serious about Cricket. If we dont take care of business now, for get losing test status, we wont even make it to the ICC Trophy semifinals.

WIFAN
August 15, 2002, 03:47 PM
Obviously I have to jump to the defence of the Windies A team! Canada were indeed facing the most promicing young pacers in the region, and they struggled with low scores, however the batting was very weak due to injuries to the best batsman (Devon Smith), and because Gayle returned home, so It is not that suprising that Canada won, and if Bangladesh had been playing, I am sure there would be the same result!!!

Mahmood
August 15, 2002, 06:26 PM
Not long ago, Canada used to beat our national team.

The margin is not that much.

Mahmood
August 17, 2002, 08:09 PM
Canada just played the Strong Guyana team and lost by only 29 runs.

Guyana had 7 test players.