PDA

View Full Version : DS: Two new faces in nat'l fold!

TheWatcher
May 13, 2006, 01:05 PM
The national selectors along with captain Habibul Bashar and coach Dav Whatmore met yesterday to discuss on the two separate teams for the upcoming Zimbabwe tour.

Bangladesh A team is expected to leave Dhaka on June 12 to play three four-day and as many limited-over matches against their Zimbabwean counterparts but the national side visit was yet to confirm.

"We are yet to confirm about the schedule of the national team's visit to Zimbabwe. We have a plan to start the national camp for May 22 but it may defer by a week if the tour will not precede as per schedule in July," said chief selector Faruque Ahmed.

The former national skipper said that they will announce the A team within three days.

"It is likely to be an 15-member side but we are yet to decide. It would be a mixture of Test and Under-19 cricketers. We definitely consider the Under-19 players if they deserved the call up," said Faruque without elaborating.

Although Faruque declined to comment on the national side selection, it was learnt that it would be an 18 to 19 member squad where two new faces are not unlikely.

There are every chance to see all-rounder Sakib Al Hasan and Farhad Reza in the national team camp.

More... (http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/05/14/d60514040530.htm)

Miraz
May 13, 2006, 01:10 PM
Good News indeed!! Both Sakib and Farhad is consistent performer. Hope they can bring same consistency at the national level (if selected).

TheWatcher
May 13, 2006, 03:27 PM
Pacers: it is winter in Zimbabwe now. Considering the bouncy pitches over there, I would include five pacers-

Shanta, Tapash, Shafaq, Talha, and Farhad Reza.

In my consideration, those above fives are lot better than other options such as Nazmul, Sharif, Dollar, Mushfiq Babu, etc.

Spinners: Razzak and Junior. Rafique is nearing his end, so it is a good idea to give those two as many opportunities as possible to gain experience.

Keeper: Rahim, who else it can be !!!

Batsmen: Considering Tushar, NI, and Alok are still struggling to find a regular place in the national team, I would send those three on this tour. So, my choices here are-

Nazmus , NI, Tushar, Sakib, Ehsanul, Alok, and Mehrab Jr.

If it was up to me, I would extend the squad to 16 to include Golam Rahman as the reserve opening batsman.

akabir77
May 13, 2006, 04:01 PM
Am i reading this right or its a computer glitch????

SHANTA????

The Watcher what r u smoking these days? can i have some? ;)

TheWatcher
May 13, 2006, 04:32 PM
Am i reading this right or its a computer glitch????

SHANTA????

The Watcher what r u smoking these days? can i have some? ;)
Sorry Kabir bhai, all I have is caffeinated drinks. But, yes, you saw it right.

Instead of lingering with no hopers like Nazmul, Sharif, Alamgir Kabir, Tareq Aziz, etc, I think having Shanta on the reserve bench is a lot better idea. After such an impressive run in the NCL, Shanta deserves some kind of recognition anyway.

Rohel
May 13, 2006, 07:35 PM
My team would be
1.Nafiz Iqbal
2.Nazmus sadat
3.T-Imran
4.Sakaib Al hasan
5. Meharab Jr.
6.Musfiqur Rahim
7.Farhad Reza
8.Mazural islam rana
9.Shrodi shouvo
10.Talha Jubair
11.Shafaq Al-Zabir
Extra
12.Marshal Ahub
13.Alock kapali
14. Mahabul Alam Robin

It's look like very balance team we got four spiner like Rana,sakib,shovo and three pacer talha,shafaq, and reza and we got very strong line up, even player like rana have to bat at # 8. It is the best team combination.And i also want add players like Rajin should not be include our odi team, we need to look for some one who can open with Nafiz ahamed, and (Alock )what shold i tell about him. It is very hard for findout spot for him even in the A-team. So,good luck for him.....

Rohel
May 13, 2006, 07:35 PM
My team would be
1.Nafiz Iqbal
2.Nazmus sadat
3.T-Imran
4.Sakaib Al hasan
5. Meharab Jr.
6.Musfiqur Rahim
7.Farhad Reza
8.Mazural islam rana
9.Shrodi shouvo
10.Talha Jubair
11.Shafaq Al-Zabir
Extra
12.Marshal Ahub
13.Alock kapali
14. Mahabul Alam Robin

It's look like very balance team we got four spiner like Rana,sakib,shovo and three pacer talha,shafaq, and reza and we got very strong line up, even player like rana have to bat at # 8. It is the best team combination.And i also want add players like Rajin should not be include our odi team, we need to look for some one who can open with Nafiz ahamed, and (Alock )what shold i tell about him. It is very hard for findout spot for him even in the A-team. So,good luck for him.....

SMHasan
May 13, 2006, 09:55 PM
Sorry Kabir bhai, all I have is caffeinated drinks. But, yes, you saw it right.

Instead of lingering with no hopers like Nazmul, Sharif, Alamgir Kabir, Tareq Aziz, etc, I think having Shanta on the reserve bench is a lot better idea. After such an impressive run in the NCL, Shanta deserves some kind of recognition anyway.

I don't think Mohammed Sharif belongs to the no hopers team. He showed some good performences with the ball before the injury grabbed him and was a real promise. Today we might have Masree and Shahadat in the team but I believe Sharif will come back with his reverse swing! Yes, he can do that!

Frost
May 13, 2006, 10:17 PM
Is Shanta still playing?????

FaltuRidwanBhai
May 14, 2006, 04:14 PM
I don't think Mohammed Sharif belongs to the no hopers team. He showed some good performences with the ball before the injury grabbed him and was a real promise. Today we might have Masree and Shahadat in the team but I believe Sharif will come back with his reverse swing! Yes, he can do that!

sharif hardly has any height as a fast bowler. thus i wonder in these coming days where pace has got so much important i dont think sharfit will be able to produce a lot of pace.

SMHasan
May 14, 2006, 07:20 PM
sharif hardly has any height as a fast bowler. thus i wonder in these coming days where pace has got so much important i dont think sharfit will be able to produce a lot of pace.

You don't have to be a tall man to bowl fast! Moreover Sharif doesn't bowl fast he bowls medium pace. And don't forget Malcom Marshall although I am not comparing Sharif with this legend.

As a medium pacer you need accuracy, swing, line and length etc. So come on Sharif!

sadi
May 15, 2006, 08:46 AM
Sharif did okay in NCL.... he was quite good with the bat also... shanto was the highest wicket taker in NCL and definately deserves a chance in A team....

Fazal
May 15, 2006, 12:26 PM
The national selectors along with captain Habibul Bashar and
Although Faruque declined to comment on the national side selection, it was learnt that it would be an 18 to 19 member squad where two new faces are not unlikely.

There are every chance to see all-rounder Sakib Al Hasan and Farhad Reza in the national team camp.

It’s good news... like a fresh breeze of air in a closed room. I don't care who the two lucky one are, but as long as there is some controlled infusion I am happy... tired of hoping against hope with those same-ol-same-ol talented underachieving national players... specially the batsman and the all-rounder.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>