PDA

View Full Version : Aminul Islam on Channel-I Cricket Online Show

Nasif
May 16, 2006, 06:03 PM
Aminul Islam is on channel-I cricket online show. Its not live now (showing repeat), I missed the live show.

Miraz
May 16, 2006, 06:09 PM
Is Hamid bhai a co-host there???

Can you tell us a bit detail about the program???

Nasif
May 16, 2006, 06:31 PM
He talked about lot of different points. He wants to do something for Bangladesh cricket and he honsently wants to be active for cricket in Bangladesh.

One caller asked if he has any plans for setting up Academy in Bangladesh like Ganguly and Steve Waugh in Kolkata. He replied that it is quite impossible to create an academy all by himself. Steve has $100 million sponsorship from a company from Aus. He aslo added that he personally requested Steve to extend the academy to include Bangladesh aswell, but that didn't work out. He believes BCB is planning for well for setting up the first cricket Academy for Bangladesh. He thinks BCB has lot of resources at its disposal to make it a productive place for creating future national team cricketers.

He also said that the local league needs to have few good foreign players. He mentioned of time when league used have Akram, Ranatunga or Fairbrother. We cannot expect to win tests and ODIs when our local league is completely infertile.

He ended on the note that he will help Bangladesh cricket however he can.

cricket_pagol
May 17, 2006, 12:58 AM
Thanks Nasif bhai for this interesting info.

Tigers_eye
May 17, 2006, 11:29 AM
Great!! did he mention anything on A team coaching gig? Thanks in advance.

Nasif
May 18, 2006, 08:33 AM
No he didn't mention anything about coaching A team. I think that was a গুজব