PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful is in the list of Highest individual scores by Asians in England in odi's

Mohiul
May 17, 2006, 08:08 AM
Guys check it out. Our little master has done at least something to be in an all time cricket list in ODI's.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/247433.html

sadi
May 17, 2006, 08:43 AM
avg of 34 is nothing to be proud of...

Miraz
May 17, 2006, 08:52 AM
At least he represented Bangladesh twice in the list with his 100 and 94 with other greats of world cricket.

Hats off Man!!

shovon13
May 17, 2006, 09:58 AM

if ganguly and tendu can get away with having an average of 39 in england, i'm sure ash isn't exactly lamenting his 34. averaging 34 in england is no easy task, which is why we're talking about it in the first place.

sadi
May 17, 2006, 10:47 AM
Look I understand what you are saying but we shouldn't really overhype anything like that.... you can always find something good about someone... Ganguly and Tendulkar get away with avg of 39 in England because they have avg over 50 at home.... I wish I could have said the same thing about our hero...

Baundule
May 17, 2006, 11:08 AM
he he, something to cheer about? :lol:
Hats off to our little cadre!!

al Furqaan
May 17, 2006, 11:36 AM

ODI average of 34 is not bad at all...what you should say is that given ashraful's career avg of 19 his average over a few matches is almost meaningless.

remember that batsman like sehwag, yuvraj avg less than 34. only the greats have ODI averages above 40.

so averaging even 30 in ODIs is a good one. a career average that is.

bharat
May 17, 2006, 12:34 PM
Remember this kid is only 21 ...Yuvraj took close to 5 years to show his true potential (currently) , and I am sure this kid will have his time pretty soon.Averages and numbers can change pretty quickly

sadi
May 17, 2006, 12:42 PM
ODI average of 34 is not bad at all...what you should say is that given ashraful's career avg of 19 his average over a few matches is almost meaningless.

remember that batsman like sehwag, yuvraj avg less than 34. only the greats have ODI averages above 40.

so averaging even 30 in ODIs is a good one. a career average that is.

Noone is denying his potential... I never said avg of 34 is bad either... but to open a thread just because he averages 34 in England is too much in my opinion... ofcourse you can have your own opinion about it

Miraz
May 17, 2006, 12:44 PM
Noone is denying his potential... I never said avg of 34 is bad either... but to open a thread just because he averages 34 in England is too much in my opinion... ofcourse you can have your own opinion about it

I think the thread is more about Ashraful's name on the table of highest individual scores by Asian (Twice in the list for 100 vs Aussies and 94 vs England)

al Furqaan
May 17, 2006, 05:48 PM

i understand sadi and i fully agree with you,

however, your first post whihc was was something like "average of 34 is nothing to be proud of" is what (mis)lead me to my comments.

which is why i said that you should say "34 average over 8 matches (where did the other 2 matches come from? oh yeah champions trophy, minus that ash averaged 40) is meaningless when your career average is 19"

and another point:

bharat made a good point about yuvi. it took yuvi a while to become good (by indian standards). he had this luxury because india has greats like sachin, saurav, veeru, and dravid. our hapless ash was the man from the very begining. in fact, had he only scored 40 or so on debut rather than 114, he might have a better 4 years to start his career.

now we see shahriar nafees, aftab, rajin starting to shine, because they all have each other (and bashar) to draw support from. ash had only bashar and the added expectation that he was gonna be overnight tendulkar. too much baggage for someone his age to carry around.

also, think of how 1 series can skew ppl's perceptions. had ash been successful in just 2 or 3 matches against Australia, this same thread would be nothing but praise for him and 'proof' that he is as good as any indian or paki or lankan batsman. of course i would prolly be amongst the first of these "hype-mongers" so i caution myself first before other BC members.

peace. :lol: