i think japan will go the furthest for asia
in the world cup
because last world cup they went to the
semi-finals

who do u think will go the furthest for
asia in the world cup?

Mr-Cricket
May 22, 2006, 07:04 AM
Mate, where's Australia? Don't we even get a mention? lol :)

thebest
May 22, 2006, 09:51 AM
in the world cup
semi-finals

asia in the world cup?

Koreans are the only asians who played in round of 8 or higher (so called Q/F and S/F; North in 1966 and South in 2002). Last time Japan was out in round of 16 (so called 2nd round). though this time I think Japan would go further than any other asian teams (if there strikers fire)though so many Iranis play in Bundesliga. As Aussie are in same group with Japan they have no chance. I think it would be an Head2Head between Croatia and Japan in the group of Australia where the other team is Brazil

Mr-Cricket
May 22, 2006, 10:01 AM
Japan sent down scores of Journalists & Camera crews to cover Australia's progress in the leadup to the World Cup. They were in Melbourne today (out in the cold), to watch the players prepare for the Australia vs Greece match to be played here on Thursday night. Clearly Japan is not going to be taking the Australia game lightly. And neither is Croatia. Although Australia is largely an unknown quanitity on the International scene, I think they deserve far more credit than you are giving them. After all, they did defeat Uruguay just to reach the tournament. And it was only 2-3 years ago when they defeated a full strength England side 3-1 in England. If Kewell and Cahill can overcome injury, anything is possible.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/74/Socceroos.jpg

tiger1000
May 22, 2006, 04:18 PM
Mate, where's Australia? Don't we even get a mention? lol :)

aus not in asia go look at a map
their in ociana or some call it australazia
100%
sure not in asia

tiger1000
May 22, 2006, 04:22 PM
when aus beat england 3-1 the
english keeper david james played
so bad i would rate him how he in the match

2/10

I am being kind giving him 2/10

Miraz
May 22, 2006, 04:47 PM
in the world cup
semi-finals

asia in the world cup?

Tiger please do some homework before opening any thread. Japan moved to second round in 2002 and Korea went to the semifinals as the first Asian country.

tiger1000
May 23, 2006, 07:09 AM
Tiger please do some homework before opening any thread. Japan moved to second round in 2002 and Korea went to the semifinals as the first Asian country.

i know that but i tiped the wrong team
just a stupid mistake

tiger1000
May 23, 2006, 07:10 AM
still i think japan will go the furthest

tiger1000
May 23, 2006, 07:12 AM
i am saying japan because i have seen alot of there matches
and there players are good
seeing the players ability i think they coulde go to the q-finals
if there players do there best

abdulw11
May 23, 2006, 07:25 AM
aus not in asia go look at a map
their in ociana or some call it australazia
100%
sure not in asia

I'm pretty sure Mr Cricket knows where Australia is. I think he was talking in regards to the Australian Football team being part of the Asian Football Confederation. They joined on the 1st January 2006 having left Oceania Football Confederation.

abdulw11
May 23, 2006, 07:28 AM
I think South Korea will do the best. These guys have immense physical fitness and I know that this alone can't win you a World Cup but still, its a positive.

I just hope that Saudi Arabia can avoid embarassing defeats like the 8-0 drubbing they suffered at the hands of Germany.

Yameen
May 24, 2006, 05:42 AM
japan and korea are the strongest asian teams and certainly have the potential to go into the deep end of the knockout stages, Iran has a chance of making the 2nd round but sorry to say saudi arabia wont do much but go home afther the 1st round as for me they are just there to make up the numbers, although i would like them to prove me wrong.

tiger1000
May 24, 2006, 12:55 PM
poor saudi arabia they have got
no votes everyone thinks they are the
worst in that list
i think there the worst in the list
my prediction they will go back home
after round 1

Rabz
May 28, 2006, 09:19 AM
i guess it wud be IRAN..
and for current aff...go the aussies...
i bet aussies wud go to the second round....

ozi ozi ozi
oi oi oi

ialbd
May 28, 2006, 05:36 PM
watchout for iran... they are capable of doing a lot of things in this WC...

not to mention 6 of their players play in Bundas Liga (spell ?)....
________
Dodge srt-4 history (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_SRT-4)

tiger1000
May 28, 2006, 06:09 PM
south korea have got 3 players in the premiership
one of them 3 players is park ji-sung the
man utd player

bdmoderator
June 1, 2006, 01:15 PM
I think Iran will surprise all the teams.

cricket_pagla
June 2, 2006, 08:55 AM
IRAN all da way...

mac
June 6, 2006, 02:00 AM
Korean team always shines in the WC. So, i think they will repeat their success in Germany. They are really a good team and their players are also playing in Europe. So they are used to handle the pressure. :flag:

Hatebreed
June 6, 2006, 02:07 AM
Korea, Japan, Iran... I hear even Saudis are gonna do some damage lol

AsifTheManRahman
June 6, 2006, 09:00 AM
The Saudis are the most useless players I've ever seen...amar baaper jonmer aage theke world cup khele ashtese kintu aajo germanyr kase 8 goal khaay.

Ahmed_B
June 12, 2006, 10:06 AM
Iran and Japan looks to be in bad touch.

I guess S.Korea is gonna get the furthest.

sadi
June 12, 2006, 10:39 AM
Japan lost it in the end... sucks

tiger_man
June 12, 2006, 10:41 AM
Japan lost it in the end... sucks

WOOOOOHOOOOO WOOOOHOOOOOO...

if i can remember u said sth like australia has no chance....now do YOU change ur mind??????

anywayz....ya it does sucks....coz australia is gonna nail brazil nd croatia......

kiss the samurais goodbye..

Tigers_eye
June 12, 2006, 10:47 AM
My only hope remains in the hand of South Korea and Saudi Arabia (physically unfit for 90 mins game).

tiger1000
June 12, 2006, 11:12 AM
aus 3-1 jap
i think japan played better than
austrailia and japan desevered a win

but two very good goals from cahill

tiger_man
June 12, 2006, 11:13 AM
aus 3-1 jap
i think japan played better than
austrailia and japan desevered a win

but two very good goals from cahill

oh sure they deserved to win...after all their only goal was controversial and came by fouling the goalkeeper schwarzer....

unlike australia we earned our own goals.....

tiger1000
June 12, 2006, 11:25 AM
in the 85 min their should have been a penalty for
japan .
in half time they said the goal was a right dection
i think japan played better football for 80 mins in the game

Mr-Cricket
June 12, 2006, 12:27 PM
Australia 3-1 Japannnnnn.

End of story.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

tiger_man
June 12, 2006, 12:30 PM
when cahill scored the equilizer...i felt a huge burden off my back...i felt a lot lighter......i really cant explain that blissful feeling, the type u only get in sex....nothing gave me the pleasure than the look of despair of the japanese goal keeper...

sadi
June 12, 2006, 12:57 PM
WOOOOOHOOOOO WOOOOHOOOOOO...

if i can remember u said sth like australia has no chance....now do YOU change ur mind??????

anywayz....ya it does sucks....coz australia is gonna nail brazil nd croatia......

kiss the samurais goodbye..

Nah I still don't change my mind... yeah they were the better team today but don't get your hopes too high... brazil will crush them... :)

tiger_man
June 12, 2006, 01:37 PM
Nah I still don't change my mind... yeah they were the better team today but don't get your hopes too high... brazil will crush them... :)

ya sure....dont get your hopes high aswell.....lest brazil will disspoint you like japan...

Daddy_Mac
June 13, 2006, 02:59 AM
U people don't know foolball I voted for the Saudiz and I think the are going to write a new chaper by revenging 8-0 hammering........:lol::lol::lol:

Daddy_Mac
June 13, 2006, 03:04 AM
japan .

A bad work-men quarrels with his tools

tiger_man
June 13, 2006, 03:19 AM
U people don't know foolball I voted for the Saudiz and I think the are going to write a new chaper by revenging 8-0 hammering........:lol::lol::lol:

saudiz are one country that never deserved to be in the world cup nd has been there consistently...

Mr-Cricket
June 13, 2006, 03:48 AM
japan .

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=s-da><TD width=50>http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/06/flag/sm2/aus.gif AUS </TD><TD align=right width="50%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=369 border=0><TBODY><TR class=s-db><TD width="10%">12</TD><TD noWrap align=middle width="80%">Shots on Goal</TD><TD align=right width="10%">2</TD></TR><TR class=s-db><TD width="10%">20</TD><TD noWrap align=middle width="80%">Shots</TD><TD align=right width="10%">6</TD></TR><TR class=s-db><TD width="10%">22</TD><TD noWrap align=middle width="80%">Fouls</TD><TD align=right width="10%">11</TD></TR><TR class=s-db><TD width="10%">5</TD><TD noWrap align=middle width="80%">Corner Kicks</TD><TD align=right width="10%">3</TD></TR><TR class=s-db><TD width="10%">3</TD><TD noWrap align=middle width="80%">Free Kicks</TD><TD align=right width="10%">0</TD></TR><TR class=s-db><TD width="10%">5</TD><TD noWrap align=middle width="80%">Offsides</TD><TD align=right width="10%">3</TD></TR><TR class=s-db><TD width="10%">0</TD><TD noWrap align=middle width="80%">Own Goals</TD><TD align=right width="10%">0</TD></TR><TR class=s-db><TD width="10%">4</TD><TD noWrap align=middle width="80%">Yellow Cards</TD><TD align=right width="10%">3</TD></TR><TR class=s-db><TD width="10%">0</TD><TD noWrap align=middle width="80%">Red Cards</TD><TD align=right width="10%">0</TD></TR><TR class=s-db><TD width="10%">52%</TD><TD noWrap align=middle width="80%">Ball Possession</TD><TD align=right width="10%">48% </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I think the statistics speak for themselves. Australia thoroughly deserved to win this match, however, Japan did play very good football up until the last 10 minutes (and even then they had a few chances). I think the unawarded penalty everyones winging about negates the initial refereeing blunder in the first half which resulted in Japan's only goal. In fact, the referee apologised to Mark Schwarzer when questioned only 5 minutes later during a pause in play - acknowledging that he had in fact made a mistake in not awarding a free kick to the Australian number 1. Great win by the Aussies.

Bring on Brazil! :)
<!-- /Stats-->

Rabz
June 13, 2006, 04:03 AM
i don simply care if the Aussies loose against the Brazilians... cuz seriously, there aint any team in this current world that can beat the world champs.. they are simply way too good...

our main aim was to beat Japan in the first game...n we did it..
stuff history... n now its the time to stuff the Croats...

all it matters if the Socceroos can make it to the second round..and they started with style...

........the green n gold flies high......

tiger_man
June 13, 2006, 12:45 PM
i don simply care if the Aussies loose against the Brazilians... cuz seriously, there aint any team in this current world that can beat the world champs.. they are simply way too good...

our main aim was to beat Japan in the first game...n we did it..
stuff history... n now its the time to stuff the Croats...

all it matters if the Socceroos can make it to the second round..and they started with style...

........the green n gold flies high......

i like to aim a bit higher....
its all good what you said, but if socceroos go onto the field against brazil with the mentality that "well we beat japan 3-1, and we did our job, lets take it easy now" than i am afraid we dont stand a chance of even a draw...

mind you, the match against brazil on a world cup is the biggest test for the socceroos, psychologically, physically, in every way you can think of.

so i hope this win against japan will see them the potential of beating brazil...brazilian footballer are humans like me and you end of the day....they too will make couple of mistakes in the field, its about taking advantage of those when situation arises and making the most of it....