PDA

View Full Version : WC Cricket 2007 tour arrangement update

oracle
May 23, 2006, 06:23 AM
We have decided to scale back BC arrangements( as was detailed and discussed earlier) for the tour because the logistics to cater to all BC members is tough. :) However, I am willing to help out as much as possible as I have an agent specializing in Trinidad, willing to provide booking and ticket purchase. In addition, you may talk to her in detail as I can pass the contact numbers.

Also, what we will do is that when we are there, as a group we will set up a fe BC get together activities and cheer BD team together.

Air tickets ( bulk price) for next year has to be booked in advance as these are selling fast. Also, there will be a a package that covers 2 games, i.e Sri lanka and the India game, which comes to 6 days and 5 nights. The package will include accom./air/transport/sightseeing.

There were many of you that expressed an interest to sign up. What I will do is recollect a list of SERIOUS interested members and forward this to my travel agent. In this way we get to book together and stay together. I will follow up with arrangements for match tickets which needs to be bought separately. Please see: http://www.cricketworldcup.com<WBR>/Tickets.html (http://www.cricketworldcup.com/Tickets.html)

Please confirm whether you are still interested to go to next years WC.:up:

oracle
May 23, 2006, 06:25 AM
here are updates on accom from agent:

We have contacted 3 other guesthouses for rate confirmations for
March 2007 and when we receive their information, we will
quote you all 4 guesthouses.

2 are about 20 minutes drive from downtown Port of Spain.
This is a nice tropical area where the road leads up to the
North Coast drive and beaches 20 minutes further up.

The others are within walking distance to downtown, and one
of these has a pool and telephones in the rooms. It will be
the most expensive of all. The other close to town is the one I've
been discussing with you earlier and will be the least
expensive of all of them. These two are in a couple of the nicest
residential areas of Port of Spain.

There are a couple of nice small hotels close in also, with a range
of around $125 US a night double occupancy with 2 bedroom
suites (additional cost) for families. One has a pool. Both
have restaurants and both have beautiful rooms.

The guesthouses will be considerably less expensive.

sadi
May 23, 2006, 08:04 AM
I am interested... let me know the details... thanks

Tehsin
May 23, 2006, 06:50 PM
Oracle bhai, I will be there for two matches (as opposed to my earlier interest in all three) with my wife. I will probably do the accomodaton on my own however, I would like to be in the ticket pool as the tickets need to be (as per my understanding) bought together in order to get sits next to each other.

KricFreak
May 23, 2006, 11:08 PM
Hi, I would like to sign up for me, my GF, my buddy and his wife. So 4 people all together. Any details regarding the total cost would be nice. Thanks.

ialbd
May 23, 2006, 11:23 PM
is this package/bulk purchases for ppl residing in USA only? Can I be a part of it if I am in Canada?
________
GLASS PIPES (http://glasspipes.net/)

cricket_pagol
May 23, 2006, 11:37 PM
Oracle Bhai, Do we have to buy tickets together to sit together? Can you please confirm this?

BTW, I am definitely in.

al Furqaan
May 24, 2006, 12:02 AM
i hope the tv cameras are able to capture the BC squad with a large BC banner

sadi
May 24, 2006, 08:23 AM
yeah a little more details would be helpful... Oracle bhai, do your agent provide a package with everything included?

Flipper
May 24, 2006, 03:38 PM
Hi Oracle,

I am shooting for 2 matches, BD vs. Srilanka (the 21st), and BD vs. Bermuda (the 25th). Although I can go there on the 20th, I will have to return the same day (sunday the 25th). I will be flying out of New Orleans. What you think would be best for me (for 2 people)? Will appreciate any advice. Thanks.

oracle
May 24, 2006, 09:06 PM
Sadi and others - As I have u2u to several of members- If you still have not booked a flight and are quite serious, then u2u to me and I will hook you up with agent who can do a block booking so that you will get a good rate and get to fly together. You only need to pay a deposit to reserve a flight seat.
-Match tickets are a separate booking and issue.
- main package will be SL and India vs BD matches, i.e, let me know your email and I will have agent to talk to you to arrange and coordinate a tailored tour for you.

oracle
May 25, 2006, 07:56 AM
Agent details:
Contact person: Paula9 tell her that you are from BC and mention my name Bashar.
Pan Caribe's website is www.pancaribetours.com (http://www.pancaribetours.com/)
All tour events and acoom. Ground operator is the Executive Director
of Tourism for Trinidad & Tobago- so no problem..

sadi
May 25, 2006, 08:16 AM
Thanks Oracle bhai... check your U2U... thanks

oracle
May 25, 2006, 10:30 PM
Below are the group rates for the 2 available accommodations ( as qouted by Pancaribe).Please note that alternatively you may book thru travel agents shown in the ICC website.

Packages include:
* Accommodation Double Occupancy
* Daily Breakfast
* Transport to and from the Airport
* Day tour of the City with trip to Maracus Beach
* Transport to and from Cricket Matches
* Round-trip Air JFK - POS, incl Taxes

Deposit: $200 per person in order to confirm package and block airspace

The rates quoted below are based on a minimum of 10 people booking.
If less than 10 people book, the rates will be slightly higher.

In order to hold air space from New York without ticket purchase
at time of booking, you will need a minimum of 10 people for each date.

If you need Land Only package rates, we can quote that.

One private home B & B/Guestahouse is in Cascade (very nice residential area),
not far from the Trinidad Hilton, within a 30 minute walk to town and 20 minutes
down to the Queen's Park Savanah. All have private baths except for 2 sets
of rooms, each set of 2 rooms share a bath (good for families). Some rooms
are air conditioned and all have fans. It's a very large house with verandahs
going around upstairs and the downstairs levels that are nice for sitting. Each
level has a kitchen that can be used. There is also a common area with a TV.

March 16 - 26, 2007 11 Nts Accommodation and Transport to 3 Cricket Matches
$961.00 per person

March 20 - 26, 2007 6 Nts Accommodation and Transport to 2 Cricket Matches
$829.00 per person

The other guesthouse is just up the road from the Trinidad Hilton, in St. Ann's
which is another very nice residential area. It has a pool, telephones, air conditioner,
TV in all rooms. Each room has a private bath.

March 16 - 26, 2007 11 Nts Accommodation and Transport to 3 Cricket Matches
$1,415 per person

March 20 - 26, 2007 6 Nts Accommodation and Transport to 2 Cricket Matches
$1,076 per person

All persons must purchase their own Cricket Match tickets on the official Website.

Please call me with any questions - 800-525-6896 - or email me.

Please confirm the people who have seriously made commitments so that we
don't loose the acccommodations or air space.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you,
Paula

KricFreak
May 25, 2006, 10:38 PM
The question is how can we coordinate with everyone to form a group of ten people or more.

BTW- will the rates be lower if we have more then 10 people, let's say 15-16 or even 20 people? May be I will call Paula tomorrow and find out.

Thanks for the info though Oracle.

alam7770
May 28, 2006, 11:27 AM
Can anyone endulge us on visa requirements for those who are non residents in USA (studetns. work visa etc.)

I am willing to join in with my wife for the group deal but not sure about the visa scenareo.

Thank you
Rashid
Oklahoma, USA

ibnul
June 12, 2006, 07:34 AM
I would like to join you from London as well. I would like to view all three so your advise on the game tickets and accomodation would be appreciated.

Thirdman
July 7, 2006, 12:10 PM
This should help with the visa complications:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/story/252602.html

Caribbean leaders ease World Cup travel woes

Cricinfo staff

July 7, 2006

Slowly but surely the preparations for next year's World Cup in the West Indies are falling into place. A significant deal has been struck between ten members of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), to enable tourists to move between the islands without stopping for passport processing.

Inter-island travel is one of the biggest potential pitfalls of the tournament, given that each sovereign state requires its own immigration controls. But from January 15 to May 15 of next year, all nine World Cup host nations plus Dominica will be treated as a single entity, following a meeting in Basseterre, St Kitts.

The deal is part of an unprecedented regional security plan, incorporating the United States advanced passenger information system, which will help improve the passenger flow and overall experience of up to 100,000 cricket fans.

"It is a framework that gives us comfort that we can therefore extend to all persons travelling in these 10 countries during this period of time," Mia Mottley, the Barbados deputy prime minister, said. "[It is] a level of freedom of movement that has not [previously] existed."

Under the conditions of the deal, visitors will be pre-cleared and information will be shared among a pool of more than 400 police and military personnel.

© Cricinfo