PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh preliminary squad for the tour of Kenya & Zimbabwe

TheWatcher
May 28, 2006, 05:33 AM
BCCB Media Release (http://tigercricket.com/MediaDetail.aspx?MediaID=297)

The Bangladesh national cricket team’s preliminary camp for the tour of Kenya & Zimbabwe will start from 01 June 2006, Thursday. The following cricketers have been selected for the preliminary camp.

1. Kazi Habibul Bashar
2. Shahriar Nafees Ahmed
3. Javed Omar Belim
4. Aftab Ahmed Chowdhury
5. Mohammad Ashraful
6. Rajin Saleh Alam
7. Tushar Imran
8. Mohammad Rafique
9. Abdur Razzak Raj
10. Manjarul Islam Rana
11. Khaled Mashud
12. Mushfiqur Rahim
13. Alok Kapali
14. Forhad Reza
15. Shakib Al Hasan
16. Mashrafee Bin Mortaza
17. Syed Rasel
18. Kazi Shahadat Hossain Rajib
19. Tapash Kumar Baishya

nannu
May 28, 2006, 05:43 AM
kazi habibul bashar?

i didnt know that.

Sam
May 28, 2006, 05:48 AM
How the same players are listed in both the teams; BD National team and BD A team! We should have very transparent and clear policy about selecting these two teams. Although I understand that players like Alok Kapali, Tapash Baishya are flexible and standing on the border of of the teams, but Forhad Reza, Mushfiqur Rahim should be strictly for the A team.

Miraz
May 28, 2006, 05:58 AM
For Zim tour Mushfiq and Sakib should get some chances to play with National team.

No real surprise in the initial list as Sakib, Mushfiq and Farhad's name was expected.

fuzzy
May 28, 2006, 06:05 AM
out of all da new guys is there any1 left handed?
the whole team has only 2 left handers, i think thats one of the reason y other team find it easy 2 ball vs bangas.
we need a ferm left hander in da middle order

Miraz
May 28, 2006, 06:12 AM
Sakib is a left handed allrounder, Farhad and Mushfiq is right handed.

pilot fan
May 28, 2006, 06:43 AM
i would of liked to of seen merb hossain jr in there

fuzzy
May 28, 2006, 06:02 PM
so guys seem 2 know everything about bcb
thanks for that (pilot fan)

since our next games r 1dayas
therefore i would like discuss about 1day only. i reacon if ashraful opens batting with sharier nafees, bangladesh can improve their batting, and u all must of noticed that it ban battin that puts them down and there opening is always bad. if ashraful plays his normal shots at da when all fielders r up he might as go all way for a 50. don't u thinkthats wat we need. by keepin ash at 4th doesn't help bcose its would be the thing.

TheWatcher
May 28, 2006, 06:10 PM
Mehrab Jr should be fired up to see Sakib is now the prefered spinning allrounder ahead of him.

SMHasan
May 28, 2006, 07:30 PM
so guys seem 2 know everything about bcb
thanks for that (pilot fan)

since our next games r 1dayas
therefore i would like discuss about 1day only. i reacon if ashraful opens batting with sharier nafees, bangladesh can improve their batting, and u all must of noticed that it ban battin that puts them down and there opening is always bad. if ashraful plays his normal shots at da when all fielders r up he might as go all way for a 50. don't u thinkthats wat we need. by keepin ash at 4th doesn't help bcose its would be the thing.

I always believe like all other greats that you should have your best batsman playing in the top of the order. And when a batsman can't find his form then what they do is bring themselves in the top of the order and try something different. It does work well. When Ash was struggling to find his form we could have brought him much earlier in the one dayers.

fuzzy
May 28, 2006, 08:29 PM
k
the reasons y ash should be allowed 2 open.
ash plays da short pitch balls well
pulls better den any ban player ( reminds me of da 6's he smashed aganst hamison, flintof, shane bond and zahir khan]
they r all opening bowlers as u r surely aware
ash would not be in this sort of pressure bcose there will be wickets in hand
therefore he would not get soft dismisal
he wil play his dashin bashin shots u no wat mean free swing
ban will be able 2 shake da opponent, and they surely score over 200+
and wat we need now
our bowlers r bowlin well + there r peformin in regular bases

fuzzy
May 28, 2006, 09:01 PM
guys felt tellin u about somethin very interstin happend in aus
ie, as u no da ausies r in fifa world cup
they were very hurted a comment that was made by Ronaldo
he said " i don't no is there good player that plays for aus"
i do not support wat he said bcose as a player he shouldn't say that about other player
he is not a really great soccer player.
if ausies put themselves in ban position in cricket they hav hurted bangas by sayin lot of things that r worse

Andy-Flower
May 29, 2006, 07:14 AM
আলতা আমি দেবো/তুমি তুমি

Miraz
May 29, 2006, 07:30 AM
আলতা আমি দেবো/তুমি তুমি

Surprising ANDY!!!

You are writing Bangla!!

Hmm!! are u a Bangladeshi in disguise or have learn Bangla in shor span :confused:

Anyway what does it mean আলতা আমি দেবো/তুমি তুমি :confused:

Andy-Flower
May 30, 2006, 04:05 AM
im not disgising man, im a true Zimbabwean and here we speak Shona,,,i copied those words from SMhasan's sig...

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
May 30, 2006, 11:57 AM
Forhad Reza!!!!! can someone give some inf about him!!?

sadi
May 30, 2006, 12:08 PM
Medium pacer and a middle order batsman... did well last year in NCL... I don't think he is quite ready for national team though... he needs to spend more time in the A team... I rather have Sakib or Mehrab in the squad... only one of them...