PDA

View Full Version : 5 Million $$$$$ for a single 20-/20 match!!!!!!!!

prasad
May 30, 2006, 01:30 PM
http://www.cricketnext.com/news1/next/ptinewsmay06/ptinews199.htm

:o :o :o :o
South Africa to play Pro20 match against Windies for USD 5 mn

Durban, May 30, 2006 (PTI)

South Africa will play a Pro20 cricket match against the West Indies in November with the winners netting a massive USD five million.

"The match is being planned to take place the week after the the Champions Trophy final in India", South African coach Mickey Arthur said.

The match is reportedly being sponsored by American billionaire Alan Stanton who is now settled in the Caribbean island of Antigua. He is the local sponsor of the Pro20 series in the West Indies and has reportedly spent huge sums of money in upgrading the facilities with the assistance of former greats such as Sir Garfield Sobers.

Stanton will pick the West Indies team for the Pro20 match against South Africa and will present the winners with a massive USD five million purse. The losers will receive USD 100,000.

Arthur told Johannesburg-based Afrikaans daily 'Die Burger' that a contract had been signed for the single match and that the trip would give the South Africans an opportunity to check out the facilities for the World Cup next year.

i hope wi wins it.

Sovik
June 1, 2006, 12:18 PM
I hope too. 5 million dollar for a single match. lets hope rain doesn't slow down the outfield

Tigers_eye
June 1, 2006, 12:48 PM
The loser will receive what???? $100,000. Thats a chump change for the billioniare. What's another million dollar to him? I guess this is more like a lottery rather than a game. Winner take all kinda deal.

ajithlalm
June 3, 2006, 12:25 PM
westindies will become one of the richest cricket board soon if he sponsors westindies cricket fully. he seems to be a millionaire. also, it would be good to see some westindies games played in america.

Rabz
June 5, 2006, 09:39 AM
don worry guys..one day..i'll be a billionaire too..
then i'll sponsor our BD team players..
5 million US will be a pocket change for our tigers...