PDA

View Full Version : I'm Developing a Bangla Language PAck for vBulletin

Shafin
June 5, 2006, 09:40 AM
As my varsity is closed now,i'll take the time to develop a bangla language pack for my favourite site so that it can be fully-banglaized.
I've gone through quite some trouble getting a version of vB at hand,but now i've got a demo one at hand and the language pack will be ready within a very short period.

When done,i'll certainly post it here and sencerely hope BC will adopt that.

For more info,visit this:
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187384

Nasif
June 5, 2006, 09:50 AM
Good luck :)

We wil definitely use it.

Shafin
June 5, 2006, 01:35 PM
You can see for yourself,how the work is going and give suggestions:
go to demo.vbulletin.com/index.php

When the pop-up dialogue box appears,give the following info
Username: Demoef95
Password: 6455f2cf

and then login to the board using
username: test
password: test

select language,bangla, from the footer,and see.
The work is almost half done,and I have to Do it within 12 hours as after that the demo board will expire,but I am quite confident I can manage it.

Nasif
June 5, 2006, 01:54 PM
Checked it out a bit. You might want to consult google's bangla and wiki's bangla for general conversion help. Like, instead of just saying "অপশন" you might want to say "Options" as পছন্দসমূহ (google's wording)

If you need a vB to work on, let me know.

Shafin
June 5, 2006, 02:28 PM
Will change that.
Thanks for the response.
It'll be better for me if I get a vB to work on.I am Before this computer for more than 12 hours now,as the demo will expire within 24 hours,i have to work really hard and fast.:)

Nasif
June 5, 2006, 02:29 PM
I will get you up with a vB. Relax and take a nap. You don't have to beat the clock now.

Shafin
June 5, 2006, 02:34 PM
I'm on a bit of dillema concerning plural nouns.For example,i translated"currently active members" as "বর্তমানে সক্রিয় সদস্যসমূহ"but it sounds much better if i just omit the plural part and say "বর্তমানে সক্রিয় সদস্য",what do you think?

Shafin
June 5, 2006, 02:43 PM
I will get you up with a vB. Relax and take a nap. You don't have to beat the clock now.
:):):)
but i'm a bit of a maniac in this regard.When I love a work,i try to get it finished as soon as possible.
Ammu tried for quite some time to send me to bed and resigned and went to bed herself instead,probabilities are that i'll get it finished before I go to bed.

Nasif
June 5, 2006, 03:29 PM
I'm on a bit of dillema concerning plural nouns.For example,i translated"currently active members" as "বর্তমানে সক্রিয় সদস্যসমূহ"but it sounds much better if i just omit the plural part and say "বর্তমানে সক্রিয় সদস্য",what do you think?

You dont' have to use plural all the time. Bangla isn't plural intesive language like english. সক্রিয় সদস্য বললে, একের বেশীও বোঝাতে পারে। Just be consistent and it has to sound right. Get a Samsad English to Bangla dictionary handy :)

Shafin
June 6, 2006, 01:33 AM
Nasif vai,i'll need your vB.I've finished the global phrases but it's a hell lot of a work remaining and i'll not make it within the demo period.

Can you please give it to me now?

I currently have some Ovidhan's by my side.I'm taking help from the Bangla academy one mostly so that it gets a bangladeshi flavour instead of indian.

Nasif
June 6, 2006, 08:11 AM
I get you vB access once I get home today after work. I will pm once its ready.

Shafin
June 6, 2006, 10:21 AM
আমার অবস্থা হয়েছে অনেকটা অন্ধের হাতি দেখার মতো।আমি translate phrases এ কেবল global phrases দেখে মনে করেছি এটাই সব।
আর global phrase শেষ করে দেখি এটা কেবল শুরু।

যাই হোক,phrase translate করতে হবে প্রায় ৫০০ পৃষ্ঠা,আমি ৯০ পৃষ্ঠার মত করেছি আপাতত,তাই এই কাজটা দ্রুত করতে আপনাদের সাহায্য প্রয়োজন।কে কে এই প্রজেক্টে আমার সাথে আছেন?

নাসিফ ভাই,আমার ডেমোর মেয়াদ ফুরিয়ে গেছে,তবে এই পর্যন্ত যা করেছি,তা সেইভ করে রেখেছি,নতুন একটা vB পেলে কাজ আবার শুরু করবো।

Nasif
June 6, 2006, 01:00 PM
I have previously worked on XMB language and I was grinning when you said you wanted to finish it over night ;)

Some time ago Arnab, Zunaid bhai and me was starting a project on web for developing bangla language packs for all sorts of software. But it didn't take off. I guess we can give a kick start with vB pack.

Shafin
June 6, 2006, 01:23 PM
কিন্ত ৫০০ এর মধ্যে ৯০ টা তো খারাপ না,এই স্পীডে চললে ছয় দিনে কাজ শেষ

Shafin
June 6, 2006, 01:36 PM
BTW Nasif vai,i'm waiting for your PM:)

Nasif
June 6, 2006, 01:38 PM
BTW Nasif vai,i'm waiting for your PM:)

ভাই, এখনো কাজে আছি, বাসায় গিয়ে সেটআপ করে দেব।

Nasif
June 7, 2006, 07:35 AM
Check your pm.

Shafin
June 7, 2006, 11:19 AM
thanks.will meet you there.

bdt
October 19, 2012, 07:41 AM
vbulletin.com not download permission ..
pls give me others site link thanks