PDA

View Full Version : Controversial Catch Sparks Drama in Antigua

jagathkris
June 7, 2006, 12:35 AM
Look at this Picture
Is Doni was really Out????????????????????
http://cricket.deepthi.com/images/daily-nation.jpg

More.......................

http://india-westindies.cricket.deepthi.com/india-westindies-antigua-test-2006.html#day4

bharat
June 7, 2006, 12:52 AM
I am not sure if Dhoni was out or not but the reaction of Lara was completely unwarranted ...I had great respect for Lara ..I cant say that I dont respect him still but
cant say that he displayed the best of the spirit !!:down:

chinaman
June 7, 2006, 01:49 AM
jagathkris,

You posted the same thing twice, care to explain?

mac
June 7, 2006, 02:34 AM
I don't think Dhoni was out. But he did the right thing by leaving the field. It shows the team spirit. hats off to him :up:

Sovik
June 7, 2006, 06:24 AM
I think dhoni was out and if he wasn't it wouldn't help india either. its not that india lost. the match would still end up in draw.

but lara should not have done that. it affected his performance and the spirit of the game

Baundule
June 7, 2006, 06:43 AM
As Dravid already showed the sign of declaration, Dhoni had to leave, whether out or not out. That decision could be taken afterwards.

I think Lara wanted to win the match and got annoyed of losing time. The umpires were a bunch of craps. The third umpire should have given a decision. If the video was not conclusive, the benefit of doubt should be with the batsman. It does not make sense to delegate the responsibility back to the field umpires.

Sovik
June 7, 2006, 06:49 AM
umpires were really crap. they gave 3 bad decisions. gayle was given not out and at a crucial time they made another 2, chanderpaul and bradshaw. windies could have lost because of those 2 decisions.

thebest
June 7, 2006, 08:13 AM
Lara was excused though agitating againest match officials while Jayawardne was fined for showin his anger againest himself because it was againest the spirit of law. I always believe there is two standards by the match referries - one for subcontinent one for the rest. So Jayawardne was fined, Latif was banned while Lara was not even by match refere and Jones was reprimended.
What a shame

Captain
June 7, 2006, 09:44 AM
As Dravid already showed the sign of declaration, Dhoni had to leave, whether out or not out. That decision could be taken afterwards.

I think Lara wanted to win the match and got annoyed of losing time. The umpires were a bunch of craps. The third umpire should have given a decision. If the video was not conclusive, the benefit of doubt should be with the batsman. It does not make sense to delegate the responsibility back to the field umpires.

Maybe the umpires are a bunch of craps but that doesn't dissolve Lara's behavior.I agree the Third Umpire after being referred should not have sent it back to the Field Umpires,who eventually ruled as Not Out.But next what happened was not good for cricket.Lara snatching the ball from Umpire Rauf is highly regrettable.

Here's what happened:
Having hit three straight sixes off left-arm spinner Dave Mohammad, Dhoni was
apparently caught at the midwicket fence by Darren Ganga before the catch became a matter of dispute.Play was held up for 16 minutes as controversy arose over whether fielder Daren Ganga, near the deep mid-wicket fence, had tipped over while catching a skier from M S Dhoni.
Umpires Asad Rauf and Simon Taufel referred the decision to third umpire, Billy Doctrove, who sent it back because of inconclusive TV replays. Field Umpires finally decided to let Dhoni bat. But Lara insisted that the fielder's word should be respected. Dhoni said he would rather go with the umpires decision which irked Lara and a fuming Lara proceeded to snatch the ball from Rauf. At this point, Dhoni and Kaif decided to walk off, probably at Dravid's behest. It was later announced that Dhoni had accepted Ganga's claim and was given out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But my point is, How can Lara put himself in Umpire's position ?
After the third umpire replays proved inconclusive, the on-field umpires signaled Dhoni to resume his innings.Dhoni was getting ready to occupy the batting crease, but all of a sudden,Lara was then shown with half of his gang arguing with Rauf over the legality of the decision , the same decision, which has been written in the Rulebooks as final and deemed as the ultimate verdict,regardless of whether it is right or wrong. The next several minutes Lara was displayed on the giant screen talking to Dhoni and in that period of time the latter beared the critical patience
and vital endurance as Lara had the audacity to tell Dhoni to leave the field while agreeing on his terms in front of Asad Rauf.Dhoni is in no way accountable of Lara's misconduct.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initially, before the decision was referred to,while Dhoni had started walking off, captain Rahul Dravid made a motion of declaration towards his two batsmen. The other batsman Mohammad Kaif too joined him when Dhoni had that "eye-contact" with the umpire.
"I was walking off the field when I had the eye-contact with umpires and decided to stay put," Dhoni said after the fourth day's play.

Standing umpire Asad Rauf, unsure if the fielder had stepped on the boundary ropes, called for the third umpire Billy Doctrove to make a call.

Dhoni later revealed host captain Brian Lara convinced him to walk off.
"Lara came up to me and told me that he was in charge of his players, and that he had full faith that Ganga was speaking the truth. He said I should walk off and I agreed.
"There was no instruction from outside. Only those present in the field were involved," said Dhoni.
"Darren was not very sure as the ropes were on his backside."
"He said he wasn't sure if he had stepped on it. With paper ropes, it is not very easy to find if
that was touched or not," said Dhoni of what happened in the middle.
"I accepted the fielder's words and came back," Dhoni added.

Tigers_eye
June 7, 2006, 09:53 AM
Lara didn't do the right thing. As all cricketers should be equal the match referee should do something after the film review session. At least a 50% match fee fine should be warrented.

Both Asad Rauf and Dhoni did the right thing.

allrounder
June 7, 2006, 10:06 AM
Lara's age is having effect on his mentality. Couldn't keep his cool once he saw how India came back in the second innings and especially when Dhoni was hitting six after six. He tried to get some satisfaction watching Dhoni leave the field, made a joke of himself. Reminded me of Sheikh Hasina, she does similar stuff hahaha

mac
June 7, 2006, 12:35 PM
Hmm, Hmm, Hmm!!!!!! I can't believe Lara showed this type of character. Hats off to Dhoni that he didn't forget that "cricket is the gentlemens' game." :o

Fazal
June 7, 2006, 01:01 PM
Lara didn't do the right thing. As all cricketers should be equal the match referee should do something after the film review session. At least a 50% match fee fine should be warrented.

Both Asad Rauf and Dhoni did the right thing.

I don't know about Asad Rauf. Lara may not have done the right think. But inability of Asad Rauf and other umpires to take control of the situation and inability to report and finally discipline Lara proves the poor quality of the umpires in this game. They made several key mistakes including letting a player taking control of the situation.

About Dhoni, agree with you, he showed his class.

Sovik
June 7, 2006, 02:36 PM
Lara always walks off when he is out but he can not expect the same thing from everyone. Gayle should have walked too. but what the umpires are for. they can't give a decision by themselves. what's the point of having the third umpire if he can't decide whats or not. he should have given the benifit of the doubt.

and now we are all praising dhoni for walking off but would he do that if India was in a bad position. I think no player should walk off. cause its umpires decision to make a call and if a player is given out, when he wasn't, does he have any choice rather than walking.

Bancan
June 7, 2006, 03:21 PM
he should have been punished.since sehwag was punished for excessive appealing.

i read some feedbaks in cricinfo about this. some guys are saying they lost all respect for lara. i hate people who make those comments. they lose respect for people quite often for very small reasons.

bharat
June 7, 2006, 03:27 PM
he should have been punished.since sehwag was punished for excessive appealing.

i read some feedbaks in cricinfo about this. some guys are saying they lost all respect for lara. i hate people who make those comments. they lose respect for people quite often for very small reasons.

But Bancan dont we form an opinion about a person(cricketer) based on incidents we see on the field , given that we dont peek into a persons personal life.

Also, I dont think it was a small reason ..especially grabbing the ball from Rauf's hand showed absolute contempt .

I have to say I am one among those people who lost a bit of respect for Lara.:down:

Sovik
June 7, 2006, 03:41 PM
Lara never thought india would be in a strong position and he became frustated for that. but he shouln't have done that. i am a big, mad fan of Lara and i am also dissapointed. Its not about loosing respect. i never expected to see something that from a sportsman like him

Captain
June 7, 2006, 04:21 PM
Some reactions :

Umpiring legend David Shepherd has termed the decision to give Dhoni out as "ridiculous". He said, "Six runs should have been awarded to Dhoni. The rule is very simple. If the third umpire is unable to make a decision, then the onus falls on the on-field umpires... the benefit of doubt should have gone to the batsman."

The Jamaica Gleaner (http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20060606/sports/sports1.html)noted that Lara’s behaviour was less than exemplary:
“So upset was the West Indies captain that at one stage he dragged the ball away from the umpire at one end of the pitch before throwing it to the stumps at the other end as play seemed set to resume.”

In the Stabroek News (http://www.stabroeknews.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=56496747)Garth Wattley endorsed the view:
“Lara descended to finger pointing at the umpires, a pointed discussion with Dhoni and partner Mohammad Kaif and lastly, the angry grabbing of the ball from standing umpire Asad Rauf.”

Michael Holding: (http://www.outlookindia.com/full.asp?fodname=20060607&fname=Holding&sid=1)
"These days when match supervisors are intolerant to insolent behaviour, the skipper must count himself lucky. He might have had his reasons to get agitated but you can't show disrespect to the umpires in the middle."

Some pictures in Rapidshare(Click the 'Free' Button)

1.Lara Snatching the Ball from Rauf link1 (http://rapidshare.de/files/22455281/Ball_Snatch1.jpg.html) link2 (http://rapidshare.de/files/22455351/Ball_Snatch0.jpg.html)
2.Lara and Rauf link (http://rapidshare.de/files/22455541/brian_lara_asad_rauf_antigua_060607.jpg.html)
3.After the umpires asked Dhoni to continue, Lara, unhappy with the decision, intervened and had a fresh round of arguments. link (http://rapidshare.de/files/22455610/Lara_drama2.jpg.html)

Baundule
June 7, 2006, 04:58 PM
If Lara did not do the right thing, he should be punished. (though he is my favorite player)

But who will punish the incompetent umpires? and How?

Bancan
June 7, 2006, 07:37 PM
But Bancan dont we form an opinion about a person(cricketer) based on incidents we see on the field , given that we dont peek into a persons personal life.

Also, I dont think it was a small reason ..especially grabbing the ball from Rauf's hand showed absolute contempt .

I have to say I am one among those people who lost a bit of respect for Lara.:down:
its hard for me to lose respect for him but i have to say i m disappointed. and i said some people in cricinfo wrote they lost all respect for that man. how on earth can u loose all ur respect for him. i dont blame u for losing a little respect cause wat he did was worth that.

Sovik
June 7, 2006, 08:19 PM
we know what happened and we don't need to see any images and links. media is over reacting and that happened in past.

does anyone remember what ponting did when aftab was given not out. no one said anything. media didn't write anything about that. i think we all should stop crying and move on.

thebest
June 7, 2006, 11:35 PM
we know what happened and we don't need to see any images and links. media is over reacting and that happened in past.

does anyone remember what ponting did when aftab was given not out. no one said anything. media didn't write anything about that. i think we all should stop crying and move on.
Sovik, I know u r a Lara fan. But the logic is flawed. two wrong does not make one right. Moreover in case Aftab, he was out but umpire push the wrong button but in case of Dhoni no body is sure and benefit should go to batsman. So there is fundamental difference between Ponting's and Lara's action. Also ponting never showed he belive in spirit of cricket if it goes againest him. But in Lara's case it is not. So Lara has many things to lose. The respect Lara earned for holding the spirit of cricket is surely dented.

CricFanBD
June 8, 2006, 01:05 AM
Sovik, I know u r a Lara fan. But the logic is flawed. two wrong does not make one right. Moreover in case Aftab, he was out but umpire push the wrong button but in case of Dhoni no body is sure and benefit should go to batsman. So there is fundamental difference between Ponting's and Lara's action. Also ponting never showed he belive in spirit of cricket if it goes againest him. But in Lara's case it is not. So Lara has many things to lose. The respect Lara earned for holding the spirit of cricket is surely dented.

I am watching this thread from the very beginning, but the matter does not motivate me to write anything. But after seeing a lot of reaction, I fail to control myself.

Summary of the reaction is:
1) Lara already earned a lot of respect, so he should be always a good boy.
2) Ponting or others didn’t earn so much respect, so they can be a bad boy sometimes; we have no problem on that.

Is it logical? Or rational?

Lara is a human being; he knows that his team is struggling to control the Indian Batsman. Probably he lost his temper and wanted to start the game ASAP, he didn't waste more time (already 10 minutes was washed out). He didn't get any response from the umpires, so he put himself in the action......yeah it is not good, but for just only doing this he can't be a villain. Plz put your feet on his shoes and thinks it again.

Captain
June 8, 2006, 01:54 AM
I am watching this thread from the very beginning, but the matter does not motivate me to write anything. But after seeing a lot of reaction, I fail to control myself.
Summary of the reaction is:
1) Lara already earned a lot of respect, so he should be always a good boy.
2) Ponting or others didn’t earn so much respect, so they can be a bad boy sometimes; we have no problem on that.
Is it logical? Or rational?

Lara is a human being; he knows that his team is struggling to control the Indian Batsman. Probably he lost his temper and wanted to start the game ASAP, he didn't waste more time (already 10 minutes was washed out). He didn't get any response from the umpires, so he put himself in the action......yeah it is not good, but for just only doing this he can't be a villain. Plz put your feet on his shoes and thinks it again.

The controversy is of course over Lara's behavior.Moreover,he was there as a captain of a national team,which makes him more accountable.It would have been forgotten in good spirits had he apologised and had the authorities fined him.None had been done.If a human being makes small mistakes ,in some cases he is forgiven if he realises it later and apologises .Did Lara do it.I am not so sure about that.

And,if already 10 mins were washed out and Lara wanted to start the game ASAP,then why did he snatch the ball from the Umpire and delayed it further for another 6 mins.

I thought I would not add another post in this thread but had to change my mind.
I am a Big fan of Brian Charles Lara ,of course I didn't lose any respect for him over this incident but I am utterly dissapointed over his conduct.Had the same thing been done by any other great cricketer ,same would have been my reaction.I always believe that Cricket- the game is greater than the individual.

Sovik
June 8, 2006, 06:17 AM
We are talking about fines. if he was fined 25% of his match fee it would not affect him at all but i think he paid the price by loosing little bit respect and dissapointing his fans all over the world.

Tigers_eye
June 8, 2006, 10:20 AM
We don't have to put our feet in his shoes. If only H Bashar did this there would have been at least 1 match ban for him. You know it, I know it, the world knows it. There is no place in Cricket of losing temper. You lose temper, you react to that, you get fined/banned. End of discussion. Lara should have been fined to say the least. No matter how many wrong decision went against WI by the umpires, it is the action of a captain that everyone saw should be under microscope and dealth accordingly. That is not an example the kids would want to idolise. ICC can't promote that by not fining Lara.

bharat
June 8, 2006, 12:43 PM
I

To think of it ..(or rather putting myself in Lara's shoes) Lara would want to waste more time than he being frustrated with the delay ..there could be an argument that he was doing it for the sake of wasting time (prespostrous as it may sound , it can be true).

By then WI were in no position to win and they best bet would be to draw the match ...

Think about it ..India would have had atleast 3-4 overs more hadnt the incident taken place.

Frankly I am more annoyed with the Match refree than Lara , Lara did what he felt right ..it is the Match refree's blunder not to fine Lara .

Guys I always felt that the subcontinent cricketers got a raw deal in these terms, and some how these guys end up on the wrong side ..

Fazal
June 8, 2006, 12:48 PM
Frankly I am more annoyed with the Match refree than Lara , Lara did what he felt right ..it is the Match refree's blunder not to fine Lara .

Exactly. Its the field umpire's responsibility to report the incident and and match umpire's job to address the incident by penalizing lara.

Sovik
June 8, 2006, 07:47 PM
india could never win that match if they had few more overs. cause their bowling attack could not rip through tail enders and if chanderpaul and bradshaw were not given bad decisions windies might have drawn the match comfortabely. and india never thought of winning when they were batting. other that dhoni every batsmen were wasting times. so i suppose Lara did not intend to delay the match. it was the result of frustation and he certainly did not believe India would be in a great position coming from behind

thebest
June 8, 2006, 08:35 PM

Guys I always felt that the subcontinent cricketers got a raw deal in these terms, and some how these guys end up on the wrong side ..

I completly agree with you. Look at Jayawardne case. Subcontinent may take hold in ICC management, but could not ensure fair treatment of its player because they are more worried about making money.

Sovik
June 8, 2006, 08:47 PM
Who was the match refferee of that match? and i think umpires did not complain about Lara.

Captain
June 10, 2006, 12:46 AM
india could never win that match if they had few more overs. cause their bowling attack could not rip through tail enders and if chanderpaul and bradshaw were not given bad decisions windies might have drawn the match comfortabely. and india never thought of winning when they were batting. other that dhoni every batsmen were wasting times. so i suppose Lara did not intend to delay the match. it was the result of frustation and he certainly did not believe India would be in a great position coming from behind

Ifs and buts...
What if Sreesanth got Collymore in the last over with a yorker.
What if Gayle had walked out.
What if Gayle was given out.
What if Dravid and Kaif didn't miss those crucial catches.
What if Kumble had bowled few more overs instead of VRV Singh.
What if India had not taken the new ball towards the end and Kumble bowled with the old one.

Fact is..India batted poorly in the 1st inngs came back strongly in the next inngs.India's bowling was average in the 1st inngs ,in the 2nd inngs they did better but could not hammer the final nail.India's bowling resources were not adequate in the 1st match.They missed Agarkar,Bhajji and Pathan.

Fazal
June 10, 2006, 02:16 PM
Ifs and buts...

Whose butts are you talking about?

Captain
June 11, 2006, 02:00 AM
Cigarette butts not the other one of course.

Mridul
June 12, 2006, 04:43 AM
Lara has to apologize if he wants to regain some sort of respects....Lara's behaviour can not be acceptable at all.....I am surprised to see that few of us here are showing sympathy....if the match was against Bangladesh, their reaction would have been different for sure.

Sovik
June 12, 2006, 07:41 AM
Lara has to apologize if he wants to regain some sort of respects.

To whom? Dhoni never complained nor Asad Rauf

thebest
June 12, 2006, 07:50 AM
To whom? Dhoni never complained nor Asad Rauf
to cricket community, to fans, to Dhoni and to Asad Rauf. Dhoni and Asad Rauf are gentleman. They would not ask for an apology

insideedge
June 12, 2006, 07:58 AM
Lara has to apologize if he wants to regain some sort of respects....Lara's behaviour can not be acceptable at all.....I am surprised to see that few of us here are showing sympathy....if the match was against Bangladesh, their reaction would have been different for sure.

Precisely so........There would have been many threads condemning Lara here had the match been against Bangladesh including by the people who are sympathetic to Lara in this thread.

Bancan
June 12, 2006, 03:39 PM
the incident happened in the last match. a new one started so y r u guys bringing this matter up again and again. the incident is done and lara cant be punished now so y the hell are u still after him. if u want him to apologise rite a letter to him.

Captain
June 12, 2006, 04:09 PM
..... if u want him to apologise rite a letter to him.

Do you have his postal address or email-id ?

Fazal
June 12, 2006, 04:18 PM
Do you have his postal address or email-id ?

Here it is. Click the link: How to contact Lara (http://www.lara.com/contactus.htm)

Captain
June 12, 2006, 04:44 PM
Here it is. Click the link: How to contact Lara (http://www.lara.com/contactus.htm)

:floor: keep it up !!!!

Sovik
June 12, 2006, 08:21 PM
Don't be so childish. what good will it bring if he apologises.i think you guys never liked him thats why you are talking like that. what ponting did against bangladesh was not better than that but we did not talkabout that for as long as we are talking now.

Bancan
June 12, 2006, 09:00 PM
Don't be so childish. what good will it bring if he apologises.i think you guys never liked him thats why you are talking like that. what ponting did against bangladesh was not better than that but we did not talkabout that for as long as we are talking now.

exactly. and no matter how he behaves it wont change the fact that he is one of the best around.

Fazal
June 13, 2006, 03:12 PM
The third umpire should have given a decision. If the video was not conclusive, the benefit of doubt should be with the batsman. It does not make sense to delegate the responsibility back to the field umpires.

The ICC today clarified its rules regarding referrals to the third umpire for catches and run-outs: ICC clarifies rules for controversial catches and run-outs (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/250345.html)

"According to the protocol, if the on-field umpires are uncertain, they can refer the decision to the third umpire, whose sole responsibility is to decide whether the boundary was scored. However, if the replays are inconclusive, the benefit of the doubt will be given to the fielder, which means that no boundary will be awarded due to lack of evidence. By implication it would mean the catch was taken cleanly, which the on-field umpire will convey."

Based on new clarification, fielder gets the benefit of doubt, not the batsman.
Moreover it looks like its not Lara who wasted 20+ mins, rather its the umpire and mainly Dhoni and Dravid who wasted 20 mins. Too bad this 20+ mins could have given India that much needed win.

Captain
June 13, 2006, 04:22 PM
^ ..hmm a new protocol !! ICC released a fresh protocol to all umpires in its Elite Panel, which will be applied with immediate effect.They needed it anyway to save their faces.
Dhoni was given out anyway,when he was in the dressing room and the fielder has got the benefit of doubt also.Now what about Mr. Lara ? Is the ICC cooking up some other protocol for that ? Maybe they will soon come up with something.

Ofcourse,Lara didn't waste the whole 16 mins all by himself,he actually wasted the last 6 mins after snatching that famous ball.He just prolonged the time delay.The first 10 mins were wasted by the Field umpires and the 3rd umpire.

How did mainly Dhoni and Dravid waste 20+ mins ???:confused: :confused:

Lara's uncharacteristic behaviour is still not absolved.
1) “Lara descended to finger pointing at the umpires, a pointed discussion with Dhoni and partner Mohammad Kaif and lastly, the angry grabbing of the ball from standing umpire Asad Rauf.”
2) "... the West Indies captain at one stage snatched the ball away from the umpire at one end of the pitch before throwing it to the stumps at the other end as play seemed set to resume.”
3) Lara came up to Dhoni and told him that he was in charge of his players, and that he had full faith that Ganga was speaking the truth. He told Dhoni to walk off.

what next :
1) "Asad Rauf standing with his finger pointing towards the sky as Lara walks in."
2) -- "Umpire snatches BAT from LARA"
-- "Lara will snatch the covers and argue that they should stay on for the 5th day because he is in charge of the whole world."
-- "Lara will come then snatch the ball, throw it to boundary and will claim a six"
3) "Lara will tell umpire to walk off for his lack of good decision making skills"

Sovik
June 13, 2006, 06:11 PM
what next :
1) "Asad Rauf standing with his finger pointing towards the sky as Lara walks in."
2) -- "Umpire snatches BAT from LARA"
-- "Lara will snatch the covers and argue that they should stay on for the 5th day because he is in charge of the whole world."
-- "Lara will come then snatch the ball, throw it to boundary and will claim a six"
3) "Lara will tell umpire to walk off for his lack of good decision making skills"

One of the most stupid comments that posted in BC regarding this controversy

and the law that ICC just made to save back Lara's drama is more stupid than captain's comments. last month when ponting protested, they told fielders will be able to challenge umpire's decisions and now this. ICC is just trying to back big names of the game.

All credits go to dhoni for walking coz the rules were out of the equation at that time.

but i think its been enough and we should focus on the ongoing match and the forthcomings. debating on this matter will not make any changes. who ever lost his respects for Lara will not bring back the respects.

Captain
June 13, 2006, 07:24 PM
One of the most stupid comments that posted in BC regarding this controversy...
...and the law that ICC just made to save back Lara's drama is more stupid ... .
hmmm.... a juvenile reaction.Sorry, you missed the fun in it.
Those were not comments but a collection gathered to tickle the funny bones.
Those that u quoted was an attempt to bring a simile with the actual ones.
Some more ,for others :
- "ok kaif got a 4...so he is goin to rest for few overs"
- "don't worry kaif will compensate this with few maiden overs"
- "vrv singh is a sexy bowler! he gets a lot of bounce!"
- "Munaf patel looks like a tarzan....he shud swing now"
- "Give Dravid a Standing Ovation, he has hit 1 run"
- "Dravid does not play with his bat. he plays with time"
- "yes dravid will build his innings like tajmahal was built in 20 years or wall of china was built in 200 years"
- "first 4 for dravid.. yes... champagne please"
- "they keep bowling , dravid keeps leaving"
- "if Kaif grows fat, then bat and pad gaps will be less"
- "viru riding on his bald luck"
- "Veeru usually drives the fastest boat but before the race ends, his boat always sinks before the shore"
- "hope Dravid makes WI go to sleep"
- "I hope there are BP or Texaco or Mobil gas stations in Antigua...I don't want Jaffer to go into a Shell"
- "security guard is disturbing dravid's concentration"
- "dravid is married and still he wants maidens"

CricFanBD
June 13, 2006, 07:56 PM
“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over” ------Joseph Goebbels quote

Sovik
June 13, 2006, 08:15 PM
hmmm.... a juvenile reaction.Sorry, you missed the fun in it.
Those were not comments but a collection gathered to tickle the funny bones.
Those that u quoted was an attempt to bring a simile with the actual ones.
Some more ,for others :
- "ok kaif got a 4...so he is goin to rest for few overs"
- "don't worry kaif will compensate this with few maiden overs"
- "vrv singh is a sexy bowler! he gets a lot of bounce!"
- "Munaf patel looks like a tarzan....he shud swing now"
- "Give Dravid a Standing Ovation, he has hit 1 run"
- "Dravid does not play with his bat. he plays with time"
- "yes dravid will build his innings like tajmahal was built in 20 years or wall of china was built in 200 years"
- "first 4 for dravid.. yes... champagne please"
- "they keep bowling , dravid keeps leaving"
- "if Kaif grows fat, then bat and pad gaps will be less"
- "viru riding on his bald luck"
- "Veeru usually drives the fastest boat but before the race ends, his boat always sinks before the shore"
- "hope Dravid makes WI go to sleep"
- "I hope there are BP or Texaco or Mobil gas stations in Antigua...I don't want Jaffer to go into a Shell"
- "security guard is disturbing dravid's concentration"
- "dravid is married and still he wants maidens"

i liked above comments but your comments were not funny at all. sorry for being harsh, coz i am a Lara fan.

but for the record I am still disappointed like everyone else

Bancan
June 13, 2006, 08:22 PM
just stop this freakin thread alreeady. god and captain get a life, dont u have anything else besides bashing lara for that incident. and your so called jokes were BS. sorry for reacting like this but enough is enough. stop with this discussion. whenever a famous person does something wrong theres huge deal about it. and at that time people forget all the good things thay did.

Sovik
June 14, 2006, 06:19 AM
I think its the time for this thread to be locked. we have said enough on this matter