PDA

View Full Version : Please Help:Drive 0 not found:sata

pagla bowler
June 7, 2006, 12:53 AM
can anybody help me please,my problem is when i am starting my pc it's reads like execly like this--

drive 0 not found :serial ATA,SATA-0
Strike the F1 key to continue,f2 to run the setup utility.
and when i strike the f1 key, its reads like this...
No boot device avaliable -
strike f1 to retry the boot , f2 for setup utility

i already took my pc to the dell expert and he told me there were some Dos setting problem and he fixed it and if it ever happens than i have to format my C drive.

this problem happens 0nce in a week and i need to restart the computer and then it works properly.

Thanks
tanvir

Baundule
June 12, 2006, 10:01 AM
I am not an expert...but you may try using 'wipe'. Some years back i used this program coming in a floppy disk. Have no idea about the state-of-the art.

while using wipe, first remove the boot record (the command was something like 'fdisk mbr' or 'fdisk /mbr'). Then wipe the complete disk (for command, you can get help in the program itself. I cant recall correctly). It will remove everything in the disk. So, you can now start with partitioning and stuff.

Caution: Every data in the disk will be completely removed. So, make sure you have taken a back up of every important data.

Fazal
June 12, 2006, 02:03 PM
I am not an expert...but you may try using 'wipe'. Some years back i used this program coming in a floppy disk. Have no idea about the state-of-the art.

I am also no expert in this topic. But as there are very few response in this topic, just trying to lend my helping hand here...

if you don't find 'wipe' software/virus then you may try another method discussed in the following thread:

handle with care (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=312436#post312436)

Warning: Before running this, remove all your important personal information from the computer.

Atleast unlike 'wipe' you will have some fun doing that.