PDA

View Full Version : Eves' cricket in Dhaka

Sam
June 8, 2006, 01:33 AM
Eves' Cricket at Mirpur Today (http://thedailystar.net/2006/06/08/d60608040937.htm)

A women's limited-overs exhibition cricket match will take place today at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.

Two separate selections -- Green XI and Red XI -- will contest in the match for what Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has taken enough security to avoid any untoward episode.

No announcement has been done in advance probably on security reasons.

sadi
June 8, 2006, 08:35 AM
They are playing with the hard ball or tape tennis? ;) I am sure it will attract more crowds than our regular domestic games

Tigers_eye
June 8, 2006, 08:56 AM
Its summer time. Would they wear shorts like the volleyeball players or soft ball, soccer players? That would be the icing on the cake. They would have more ticket sales than the test matches.

Lets face the reality. Women sports are all about sex appeal. Who wants to see Navratilova when we have Kornikova?

sadi
June 8, 2006, 09:52 AM
lol... I don't know why they are scared to announce the game... they should announce and do some publicity.... crowds will come.... money will be raised... more girls will start playing cricket... they will get better... we will win the women world cup... lets do it :)

nannu
June 8, 2006, 10:43 AM
i dont undertsand what r they worried about. there are plenty of women games (even football) in bd without facing any poblem.

btw : shorts for a bigger audience isnt a bad idea. we can use the extra money.

Fazal
June 8, 2006, 12:36 PM
we can use the extra money.

the cycle of extra money excuse at the expense of others never ends. The next think will be some one will ask them to pose for Playboy Magagine for some more extra money.

sadi
June 8, 2006, 01:41 PM
Women's cricket
Sports reporter

The Red team overran their Green counterparts by four wickets in a women's exhibition cricket match at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium yesterday.

Green, led by Maksuda Lisa, reached 96 for 9 in 25 overs. Farida scored 22 while Ayesha chipped in with 20.

In reply, Red overhauled the target in 18.4 overs, losing six wickets. Papiya scored 33 before she was dismissed just 5 runs short of the victory.
The match was organised by the women's wing of the Bangladesh Cricket Board.

Source: The Daily Star

Sovik
June 8, 2006, 08:19 PM
great news. when is the next women cricket worldcup

KricFreak
June 12, 2006, 08:50 AM
lol... I don't know why they are scared to announce the game... they should announce and do some publicity.... crowds will come.... money will be raised... more girls will start playing cricket... they will get better... we will win the women world cup... lets do it :)

Why waste money in women cricket when our national team plays like women

sadi
June 12, 2006, 09:56 AM
Why waste money in women cricket when our national team plays like women

maybe a role reversal will make our women play like men??

kalpurush
June 14, 2006, 10:45 AM
You said it!