PDA

View Full Version : Ponting, Dravid, Lara or Tendu?

Tigers_eye
June 9, 2006, 10:48 AM
Both Ponting and Dravid is in devastating form. Anytime the walk up the crease to bat it seems almost a sure 50+ score. Specially Ponting is firing in all cylinders now. Following is the stats of the two.
Whom do you thing would be the ultimate king of highest test runs when they finish their career?
Ponting:-----------M-----I---NO--runs-highest-avg-100s-50s-Catches
RT Ponting (http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/content/player/7133.html) ------105--175--24--8792 --257--- 58.22 -31 -34 --120
31 year old. Has 31 test hundred. And recently seems to score a century at will (no matter who is the opponent). Usually Australian captains don't play under another captain. So his years are limited. And with A border incharge, he wouldn't let anyone break his 10k Australian record. (We saw how he stopped S Waugh. Forcefully didn't pick him even though Waugh scored a 50+ in the previous innings).

R Dravid (http://www.cricinfo.com/india/content/player/28114.html) -------- 101--171- 21- 8664 - 270 -- 57.76 - 22 - 43 - 141
33 year old. However after India selects another captain in two years he can still play as a batsmen.

SR Tendulkar (http://www.cricinfo.com/india/content/player/35320.html) ---132 - 211- 22 10469 -248* -55.39 --35 ---41--- 82
Injury is playing a role. However, he already has over 10K runs. So catching Lara is matter of time only. Then again we have Chappel who loves to experient with young players, so may not give Tendu the opportunity.

BC Lara (http://www.cricinfo.com/westindies/content/player/52337.html) ---------125 - 221-- 6 11312 -400* -52.61 --31 ---47 ---151
Who knows, may be he'll continue to captain or play for WI after the world Cup. With the sorry state WI Cricket seems to be he can make it difficult for anyone to be the king of all time test runs.

I say Lara retains his highest runs in test record and no one catches him.

Miraz
June 9, 2006, 11:02 AM
If we consider the current form and fitness level, it has to be Ponting.

Tendu is facing some critical stage in his career. Keeping the restless character of Indian selectors he might not get the opportunity to play 5 more years with his 'Tennis Elbow' problem.

Lara may make the record for a brief period which will be eventually broken by Ponting.

Sovik
June 9, 2006, 12:48 PM
Ponting will break Lara's total test runs and sachin's test centuries

Captain
June 10, 2006, 12:09 AM
Sachin of course,he will come back and come back strongly.He can easily play another 3-4 years but Lara can't play that long,otherwise I would have gone for Lara.Ponting has been going through a purple patch and I doubt it will last long.

Kamini
June 10, 2006, 12:43 AM
Dravid should not be on this list.

Fazal
June 10, 2006, 02:07 PM
Agree Dravid should not be in the list. Ganguly should be included in the list instead.

bharat
June 10, 2006, 04:55 PM
Agree Dravid should not be in the list. Ganguly should be included in the list instead.
Fazal ..are you being sarcastic ..or ??

Ganguli is a spent force and hardly has a future ...but Dravid seems to be in the team for atleast 3-4 years .With his present form he will give Pointing a run for his money ..

P.S he is close to a century yet again !!

Frost
June 10, 2006, 06:57 PM
In my opinion, it is Lara. Tendu looks very much vulnerable with all the injuries. I'm not sure if Ponting and Dravid can continue their current form for another 3/4 years. It's law of average - sometime soon they got to go through bad form. Then again, who knows they say - it's a funny game:-)

Sovik
June 10, 2006, 07:11 PM
Lara has only 1 or 2 years of cricket left in him, but sachin, ponting and dravid are not likely to end there career very soon. if sachin can get back his fitess, who knows what he would do

tiger_man
June 11, 2006, 12:35 AM
Lara has only 1 or 2 years of cricket left in him, but sachin, ponting and dravid are not likely to end there career very soon. if sachin can get back his fitess, who knows what he would do

lara is as good as gone.....our ashraful is actually a reincarnation of him...one terrific performance followed by 10 sloppy ones..

Captain
June 11, 2006, 01:54 AM
Dravid should not be on this list.
Fazal ..are you being sarcastic ..or ??
Ganguli is a spent force and hardly has a future ...but Dravid seems to be in the team for atleast 3-4 years .With his present form he will give Pointing a run for his money ..
P.S he is close to a century yet again !!

Bharat..It's a banter going on betn them.BTW,Fazal talks seriously only on rare occassions and I hope those rare occassions become more rarer.

tiger1000
June 11, 2006, 11:24 AM
i think lara is the worst out of them 4
because he is the most uncunsistent player
in the list and average's 3 or more less than the other players
for me ponting in a world class form and averages the most
in the list (i think).

Mr-Cricket
June 11, 2006, 11:51 AM
Ponting. The guys an amazing player, in amazing form. Has at least another good 3-4 years left in him. Provided Lara doesn't play until 40, Ponting would be a shoo-in for this one.

Frost
June 11, 2006, 10:34 PM
Assuming that Lara will not score a single run from now on and everybody else in the list will continue to score at his current rate:

Ponting will need 21+ tests to pass Lara. According to current ICC FTP he can do that sometime in Late 2008, provided that he plays all the tests from now on.

Dravid will need 22+ tests as well. He can do that by mid 2008 provided that India will not cancel their tour to Bangladesh again;)

Tendulkar will need only 7+ tests at his current rate. But the question is - when is he getting his chance and will he be able to come back to his oldself?:confused::-/

Dravid's century in 2nd test helped him in the race (Lara's bad innings as well:) ) But I'm sure that Lara will have his chance soon to make their job difficult - i.e., they will have to work harder to pass his overall score, which will also continue to grow for another year or so.

Kamini
June 11, 2006, 11:45 PM
LOL. Dravid got no votes!

He should get a few. he knows how to capitaliae on dull wickets and get his average up!

When he played for the World XI he scored a couple of ducks.

Baundule
June 12, 2006, 12:44 AM
Bharat..It's a banter going on betn them.BTW,Fazal talks seriously only on rare occassions and I hope those rare occassions become more rarer.

I think, Fazal is always 100% serious. He just has an amazing style of talking (which I like very much) and you just have to get his style :)

Yameen
June 12, 2006, 05:31 AM
probably one of the indian guys, but that does not mean they are the best, as to me LARA is ten times better than the other 3 mentioned, pure GENIUS, oh n so is sir viv...

battye
June 12, 2006, 06:02 AM
Lara will have it for a while, and I suspect when he retires, Tendulkar may have the record for a brief period, but in the end Ponting will have it.

thebest
June 12, 2006, 06:12 AM
LOL. Dravid got no votes!

he knows how to capitaliae on dull wickets and get his average up!

When he played for the World XI he scored a couple of ducks.

did not know that? But as far as I know he is the only one of famous trio (Tendu and Gang the other two) who scored runs in every pitch, every condition. Tendulakor is not successful in NZ in his standard. Regarding duck even Don has 7 ducks in his test career. In almost all overseas series he has higher average than Tendu (http://stats.cricinfo.com/guru?sdb=compare;playerid=2281;class=testplayer;fi lter=basic;team=0;opposition=0;notopposition=0;sea son=0;homeaway=0;continent=0;country=0;notcountry= 0;groundid=0;startdefault=1996-06-20;start=1996-06-20;enddefault=2006-06-06;end=2006-06-06;tourneyid=0;finals=0;daynight=0;toss=0;schedule dovers=0;scheduleddays=0;innings=0;result=0;follow on=0;seriesresult=0;captain=0;keeper=0;dnp=0;recen t=;runslow=;runshigh=;batposition=0;dismissal=0;bo wposition=0;ballslow=;ballshigh=;bpof=0;overslow=; overshigh=;conclow=;conchigh=;wicketslow=;wicketsh igh=;dismissalslow=;dismissalshigh=;caughtlow=;cau ghthigh=;caughttype=0;stumpedlow=;stumpedhigh=;vie wtype=com_compare;csearch=Sachin;cplayerid=1934;co mparetype=bat_series;compare=1;.cgifields=cplayeri d;.cgifields=comparetype) and Gang (http://stats.cricinfo.com/guru?sdb=compare;playerid=2281;class=testplayer;fi lter=basic;team=0;opposition=0;notopposition=0;sea son=0;homeaway=0;continent=0;country=0;notcountry= 0;groundid=0;startdefault=1996-06-20;start=1996-06-20;enddefault=2006-06-06;end=2006-06-06;tourneyid=0;finals=0;daynight=0;toss=0;schedule dovers=0;scheduleddays=0;innings=0;result=0;follow on=0;seriesresult=0;captain=0;keeper=0;dnp=0;recen t=;runslow=;runshigh=;batposition=0;dismissal=0;bo wposition=0;ballslow=;ballshigh=;bpof=0;overslow=; overshigh=;conclow=;conchigh=;wicketslow=;wicketsh igh=;dismissalslow=;dismissalshigh=;caughtlow=;cau ghthigh=;caughttype=0;stumpedlow=;stumpedhigh=;vie wtype=com_compare;csearch=Ganguly;cplayerid=2024;c omparetype=bat_series;compare=1;.cgifields=cplayer id;.cgifields=comparetype)

James90
June 12, 2006, 06:40 AM
Ponting:-----------M-----I---NO--runs-highest-avg-100s-50s-Catches
RT Ponting (http://www.cricinfo.com/australia/content/player/7133.html) ------105--175--24--8792 --257--- 58.22 -31 -34 --120
Usually Australian captains don't play under another captain. So his years are limited. And with A border incharge, he wouldn't let anyone break his 10k Australian record. (We saw how he stopped S Waugh. Forcefully didn't pick him even though Waugh scored a 50+ in the previous innings).

Surely you're not serious. Allan Border would drop the Australian captain whilst he was hitting hundreds because he doesn't want his record passed? Steve Waugh let it known a long time before the Indian series that it would be his last and I think only averaged about 25 in the whole series. How can you blame Border for Waugh picking his time to retire, and picking it well.

The poll says that Tendulkar is the only one with the body and mind to continue for another 5 years. How many tests has he missed in the last few years compared to Dravid. In fact I'd guarantee that Tendulkar's missed more tests this year than Dravid has in his entire career and Ponting's injuries aren't serious ones that are likely to re-occur. A screw in a thumb here, a boundary fence there. Not career ending in the slightest.

Tigers_eye
June 12, 2006, 09:09 AM
Some nice responses.

Whatever you guys think of Ponting, he is still 2,600 runs less than Lara. That is no joke. with his ave he would have to play atleast 52 innings in order to reach there. If Lara puts up a 1000 runs more before he retires then that is 20 more innings. So basically 70+ innings. As we know, Austrailians don't bat 2 innings in many of their test. So with the guessing game I would say he would need at least 45 games playing at his current average. Counting from the FTP that would be 2010 Feb. He can't miss any games till that point. Now how realistic would that be Ponting leading Australia and holding on to his current form till 2010 feb? Great supporters of Ponting, you decide.

Dravid, Why he is on this list? he just crossed Ponting. He can be in the team even if he is not the captain. That prolongs his chances than Ponting. That's why.

Tendu: Yes, he is injured, he didn't play lot of games last couple of years. But he has already crossed 10K. he has taken care of his body better than any other batsman. The funny part is he is only 33. Even if he does not perform to his average, getting 3k runs should be mere formality for him once he is fit before he calls it a day. Now that would be make it more difficult for Ponting and Dravid. 5,000+ runs from their current stage, I don't see it happening.

Lara: He needs to start getting runs to avoid seeing his record fall in his lifetime, thats all I have to say.

Tigers_eye
June 12, 2006, 09:51 AM
Surely you're not serious. Allan Border would drop the Australian captain whilst he was hitting hundreds because he doesn't want his record passed? Steve Waugh let it known a long time before the Indian series that it would be his last and I think only averaged about 25 in the whole series. How can you blame Border for Waugh picking his time to retire, and picking it well.
I am deadly serious. It was Border who cut down my hero's career. For him I did not witness Steve shattering Border's run total of 11174. Steve was only 247 runs behind to be the All-time leading Test runs for Australia. He was averaging 58 in his last two series. 10 above his regular average. As per captiancy is concern he could have led Australia better even now at the age of 41, and I tell you Australia would not have lost the ashes last year.

We all know what drama went on behind the scene. Border just came in with a chip on his shoulder as a selector back then. Steve never wanted to retire from the ODI team. He was forced. His injury played a role even though he was in good form. 2 fifties still not selected for the WC. That was the beginning. Steve did not wanted to retire without playing one more test series at India. That was his ultimate goal. But the pressure Border and Co. put on him, he gracefully decided not to make a rift with the selectors. He was denied his chance to be in the history books. That was almost 10 months left with a SL series at home in June. And as for the SCG, no matter when he retired that would have been the last test there anyways. That's why he was imotional so was the stadium packed crowd.

Thus EVIL Border kept his record. He may do the same thing to Ponting. Who knows. History does repeat itself.

Captain
June 12, 2006, 03:12 PM
Hope some stats will help. <O:p</O:p
Performance Analysis by Year (Test Cricket)

Dravid:
<TABLE borderColor=silver cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="90%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=TableHeadingLeft>Year </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>M </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Inns </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>NO </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>50s </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>100s </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>HS </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Runs </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Avg </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Ca </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>St </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>1996 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2060&Year=1996) </TD><TD align=right>7 </TD><TD align=right>12 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>95 </TD><TD align=right>436 </TD><TD align=right>39.64 </TD><TD align=right>6 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>1997 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2060&Year=1997) </TD><TD align=right>12 </TD><TD align=right>18 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>9 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>148 </TD><TD align=right>984 </TD><TD align=right>61.50 </TD><TD align=right>12 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>1998 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2060&Year=1998) </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>9 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>118 </TD><TD align=right>413 </TD><TD align=right>45.89 </TD><TD align=right>10 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>1999 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2060&Year=1999) </TD><TD align=right>10 </TD><TD align=right>19 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>190 </TD><TD align=right>865 </TD><TD align=right>48.06 </TD><TD align=right>11 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>2000 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2060&Year=2000) </TD><TD align=right>6 </TD><TD align=right>11 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>*200 </TD><TD align=right>624 </TD><TD align=right>78.00 </TD><TD align=right>6 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>2001 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2060&Year=2001) </TD><TD align=right>13 </TD><TD align=right>23 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>6 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>180 </TD><TD align=right>935 </TD><TD align=right>46.75 </TD><TD align=right>16 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>2002 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2060&Year=2002) </TD><TD align=right>16 </TD><TD align=right>26 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>217 </TD><TD align=right>1357 </TD><TD align=right>59.00 </TD><TD align=right>26 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>2003 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2060&Year=2003) </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>10 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>233 </TD><TD align=right>803 </TD><TD align=right>100.38 </TD><TD align=right>6 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>2004 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2060&Year=2004) </TD><TD align=right>12 </TD><TD align=right>18 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>270 </TD><TD align=right>946 </TD><TD align=right>63.07 </TD><TD align=right>26 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>2005 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2060&Year=2005) </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>12 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>135 </TD><TD align=right>640 </TD><TD align=right>53.33 </TD><TD align=right>10 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>2006 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2060&Year=2006) </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>14 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>146 </TD><TD align=right>807 </TD><TD align=right>73.36 </TD><TD align=right>12 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD class=BoldFace align=left>Overall (11) </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>102 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>172 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>21 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>43 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>23 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>270 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>8810 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>58.34 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>141 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ponting:
<TABLE borderColor=silver cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="90%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=TableHeadingLeft>Year </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>M </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Inns </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>NO </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>50s </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>100s </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>HS </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Runs </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Avg </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Ca </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>St </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>1995 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2041&Year=1995) </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>96 </TD><TD align=right>167 </TD><TD align=right>83.50 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>1996 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2041&Year=1996) </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>88 </TD><TD align=right>163 </TD><TD align=right>20.38 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>1997 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2041&Year=1997) </TD><TD align=right>7 </TD><TD align=right>11 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>127 </TD><TD align=right>497 </TD><TD align=right>49.70 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>1998 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2041&Year=1998) </TD><TD align=right>9 </TD><TD align=right>14 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>*76 </TD><TD align=right>382 </TD><TD align=right>29.38 </TD><TD align=right>9 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>1999 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2041&Year=1999) </TD><TD align=right>11 </TD><TD align=right>17 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>197 </TD><TD align=right>883 </TD><TD align=right>63.07 </TD><TD align=right>11 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>2000 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2041&Year=2000) </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>7 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>*141 </TD><TD align=right>318 </TD><TD align=right>63.60 </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>2001 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2041&Year=2001) </TD><TD align=right>14 </TD><TD align=right>24 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>*157 </TD><TD align=right>772 </TD><TD align=right>38.60 </TD><TD align=right>25 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>2002 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2041&Year=2002) </TD><TD align=right>11 </TD><TD align=right>16 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>154 </TD><TD align=right>1064 </TD><TD align=right>70.93 </TD><TD align=right>15 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>2003 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2041&Year=2003) </TD><TD align=right>11 </TD><TD align=right>18 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>6 </TD><TD align=right>257 </TD><TD align=right>1503 </TD><TD align=right>100.20 </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>2004 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2041&Year=2004) </TD><TD align=right>10 </TD><TD align=right>19 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>98 </TD><TD align=right>697 </TD><TD align=right>41.00 </TD><TD align=right>12 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>2005 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2041&Year=2005) </TD><TD align=right>15 </TD><TD align=right>28 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>6 </TD><TD align=right>6 </TD><TD align=right>207 </TD><TD align=right>1544 </TD><TD align=right>67.13 </TD><TD align=right>15 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>2006 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=2041&Year=2006) </TD><TD align=right>6 </TD><TD align=right>11 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>*143 </TD><TD align=right>802 </TD><TD align=right>89.11 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD class=BoldFace align=left>Overall (12) </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>105 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>175 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>24 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>34 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>31 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>257 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>8792 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>58.23 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>120 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Tendulkar:
<TABLE borderColor=silver cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="90%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=TableHeadingLeft>Year </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>M </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Inns </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>NO </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>50s </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>100s </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>HS </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Runs </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Avg </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Ca </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>St </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>1989 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=1735&Year=1989) </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>6 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>59 </TD><TD align=right>215 </TD><TD align=right>35.83 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>1990 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=1735&Year=1990) </TD><TD align=right>7 </TD><TD align=right>10 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>*119 </TD><TD align=right>373 </TD><TD align=right>41.44 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>1991 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=1735&Year=1991) </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>40 </TD><TD align=right>78 </TD><TD align=right>19.50 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>1992 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=1735&Year=1992) </TD><TD align=right>7 </TD><TD align=right>11 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>*148 </TD><TD align=right>419 </TD><TD align=right>41.90 </TD><TD align=right>6 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>1993 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=1735&Year=1993) </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>9 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>165 </TD><TD align=right>640 </TD><TD align=right>91.43 </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>1994 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=1735&Year=1994) </TD><TD align=right>7 </TD><TD align=right>11 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>179 </TD><TD align=right>700 </TD><TD align=right>70.00 </TD><TD align=right>7 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>1995 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=1735&Year=1995) </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>*52 </TD><TD align=right>58 </TD><TD align=right>29.00 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>1996 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=1735&Year=1996) </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>15 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>177 </TD><TD align=right>623 </TD><TD align=right>41.53 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>1997 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=1735&Year=1997) </TD><TD align=right>12 </TD><TD align=right>17 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>169 </TD><TD align=right>1000 </TD><TD align=right>62.50 </TD><TD align=right>9 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>1998 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=1735&Year=1998) </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>9 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>177 </TD><TD align=right>647 </TD><TD align=right>80.88 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>1999 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=1735&Year=1999) </TD><TD align=right>10 </TD><TD align=right>19 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>217 </TD><TD align=right>1088 </TD><TD align=right>68.00 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>2000 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=1735&Year=2000) </TD><TD align=right>6 </TD><TD align=right>10 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>*201 </TD><TD align=right>575 </TD><TD align=right>63.89 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>2001 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=1735&Year=2001) </TD><TD align=right>10 </TD><TD align=right>18 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>6 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>155 </TD><TD align=right>1003 </TD><TD align=right>62.69 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>2002 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=1735&Year=2002) </TD><TD align=right>16 </TD><TD align=right>26 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>193 </TD><TD align=right>1392 </TD><TD align=right>55.68 </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>2003 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=1735&Year=2003) </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>9 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>55 </TD><TD align=right>153 </TD><TD align=right>17.00 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>2004 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=1735&Year=2004) </TD><TD align=right>10 </TD><TD align=right>15 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>*248 </TD><TD align=right>915 </TD><TD align=right>91.50 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>2005 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=1735&Year=2005) </TD><TD align=right>6 </TD><TD align=right>10 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>109 </TD><TD align=right>444 </TD><TD align=right>44.40 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>2006 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=1735&Year=2006) </TD><TD align=right>6 </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>34 </TD><TD align=right>146 </TD><TD align=right>20.86 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD class=BoldFace align=left>Overall (18) </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>132 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>211 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>22 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>41 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>35 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>*248 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>10469 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>55.39 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>82 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Lara:
<TABLE borderColor=silver cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="90%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=TableHeadingLeft>Year </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>M </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Inns </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>NO </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>50s </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>100s </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>HS </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Runs </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Avg </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Ca </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>St </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>1990 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=0979&Year=1990) </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>44 </TD><TD align=right>49 </TD><TD align=right>24.50 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>1992 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=0979&Year=1992) </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>6 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>64 </TD><TD align=right>195 </TD><TD align=right>32.50 </TD><TD align=right>9 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>1993 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=0979&Year=1993) </TD><TD align=right>7 </TD><TD align=right>10 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>277 </TD><TD align=right>586 </TD><TD align=right>58.60 </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>1994 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=0979&Year=1994) </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>14 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>375 </TD><TD align=right>996 </TD><TD align=right>71.14 </TD><TD align=right>12 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>1995 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=0979&Year=1995) </TD><TD align=right>12 </TD><TD align=right>20 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>6 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>179 </TD><TD align=right>1222 </TD><TD align=right>67.89 </TD><TD align=right>12 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>1996 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=0979&Year=1996) </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>9 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>74 </TD><TD align=right>226 </TD><TD align=right>25.11 </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>1997 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=0979&Year=1997) </TD><TD align=right>12 </TD><TD align=right>21 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>132 </TD><TD align=right>859 </TD><TD align=right>40.90 </TD><TD align=right>12 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>1998 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=0979&Year=1998) </TD><TD align=right>9 </TD><TD align=right>15 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>93 </TD><TD align=right>608 </TD><TD align=right>43.43 </TD><TD align=right>14 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>1999 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=0979&Year=1999) </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>15 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>213 </TD><TD align=right>832 </TD><TD align=right>59.43 </TD><TD align=right>10 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>2000 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=0979&Year=2000) </TD><TD align=right>9 </TD><TD align=right>17 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>2 </TD><TD align=right>182 </TD><TD align=right>497 </TD><TD align=right>29.24 </TD><TD align=right>13 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>2001 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=0979&Year=2001) </TD><TD align=right>9 </TD><TD align=right>18 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>221 </TD><TD align=right>1151 </TD><TD align=right>63.94 </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>2002 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=0979&Year=2002) </TD><TD align=right>7 </TD><TD align=right>10 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>73 </TD><TD align=right>351 </TD><TD align=right>35.10 </TD><TD align=right>9 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>2003 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=0979&Year=2003) </TD><TD align=right>10 </TD><TD align=right>19 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>209 </TD><TD align=right>1344 </TD><TD align=right>74.67 </TD><TD align=right>18 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>2004 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=0979&Year=2004) </TD><TD align=right>12 </TD><TD align=right>21 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>3 </TD><TD align=right>*400 </TD><TD align=right>1178 </TD><TD align=right>58.90 </TD><TD align=right>13 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>2005 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=0979&Year=2005) </TD><TD align=right>9 </TD><TD align=right>17 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>226 </TD><TD align=right>1110 </TD><TD align=right>65.29 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>2006 (http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerProgressBat.asp?PlayerId=0979&Year=2006) </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD><TD align=right>83 </TD><TD align=right>115 </TD><TD align=right>14.38 </TD><TD align=right>4 </TD><TD align=right>0 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD class=BoldFace align=left>Overall (16) </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>126 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>222 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>6 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>47 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>31 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>*400 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>11319 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>52.40 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>152 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
P.S. Mods !!How do I reduce the sizes ?

Tigers_eye
June 12, 2006, 04:07 PM
Thank you captain.
With the new FTP the chances of Tendukar and Dravid gets higher. For the past 3 years Lara has racked up more runs than anyone. All 1000+. However this year he is performing the worst in his career. Need to pick up the slack ASAP.

1000+ runs per year.
Dravid = 1.
Ponting = 3.
Tendulkar = 4.
Lara = 5.

900-1000 runs per years.
Dravid = 3.
Ponting = 0.
Tendu = 1.
Lara = 1.

Captain
June 12, 2006, 04:33 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=TextBlackBold10 align=left>Analysis of Performances at Home and Away </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=4></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Dravid:
<TABLE borderColor=silver cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=420 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=TableHeadingLeft>Venue </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Mat </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Inns </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>NO </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>50s </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>100s </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>HS </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Runs </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Avg </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>Home </TD><TD align=right>47 </TD><TD align=right>81 </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>21 </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>222 </TD><TD align=right>3761 </TD><TD align=right>51.52 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>Away </TD><TD align=right>55 </TD><TD align=right>91 </TD><TD align=right>13 </TD><TD align=right>22 </TD><TD align=right>15 </TD><TD align=right>270 </TD><TD align=right>5049 </TD><TD align=right>64.73 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD class=BoldFace align=left>Overall </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>102 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>172 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>21 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>43 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>23 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>270 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>8810 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>58.34 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Ponting:
<TABLE borderColor=silver cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=420 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=TableHeadingLeft>Venue </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Mat </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Inns </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>NO </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>50s </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>100s </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>HS </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Runs </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Avg </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>Home </TD><TD align=right>57 </TD><TD align=right>94 </TD><TD align=right>16 </TD><TD align=right>22 </TD><TD align=right>16 </TD><TD align=right>257 </TD><TD align=right>4907 </TD><TD align=right>62.91 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>Away </TD><TD align=right>48 </TD><TD align=right>81 </TD><TD align=right>8 </TD><TD align=right>12 </TD><TD align=right>15 </TD><TD align=right>206 </TD><TD align=right>3885 </TD><TD align=right>53.22 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD class=BoldFace align=left>Overall </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>105 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>175 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>24 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>34 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>31 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>257 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>8792 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>58.23 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Tendulkar:
<TABLE borderColor=silver cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=420 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=TableHeadingLeft>Venue </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Mat </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Inns </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>NO </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>50s </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>100s </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>HS </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Runs </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Avg </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>Home </TD><TD align=right>60 </TD><TD align=right>99 </TD><TD align=right>10 </TD><TD align=right>19 </TD><TD align=right>16 </TD><TD align=right>217 </TD><TD align=right>4917 </TD><TD align=right>55.25 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>Away </TD><TD align=right>72 </TD><TD align=right>112 </TD><TD align=right>12 </TD><TD align=right>22 </TD><TD align=right>19 </TD><TD align=right>*248 </TD><TD align=right>5552 </TD><TD align=right>55.52 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD class=BoldFace align=left>Overall </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>132 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>211 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>22 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>41 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>35 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>*248 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>10469 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>55.39 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Lara:
<TABLE borderColor=silver cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=420 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=TableHeadingLeft>Venue </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Mat </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Inns </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>NO </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>50s </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>100s </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>HS </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Runs </TD><TD class=TableHeadingRight>Avg </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD align=left>Home </TD><TD align=right>63 </TD><TD align=right>106 </TD><TD align=right>5 </TD><TD align=right>26 </TD><TD align=right>16 </TD><TD align=right>*400 </TD><TD align=right>6031 </TD><TD align=right>59.71 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffdab9><TD align=left>Away </TD><TD align=right>63 </TD><TD align=right>116 </TD><TD align=right>1 </TD><TD align=right>21 </TD><TD align=right>15 </TD><TD align=right>277 </TD><TD align=right>5288 </TD><TD align=right>45.98 </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#fff8dc><TD class=BoldFace align=left>Overall </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>126 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>222 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>6 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>47 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>31 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>*400 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>11319 </TD><TD class=BoldFace align=right>52.40 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Did anyone notice the sheer no. of tests played by Ponting in 2005.
Ponting's 2005 and 2006 (till now) has been awesome,can he maintain it ? Maybe ,only time will tell.

Sovik
June 13, 2006, 08:20 PM
i haven't seen much of lara this year but it seems the time is catching up. he is getting older and his feet movements becoming slower. but i still belive he has more than 2 years of cricket left in him and he will score 1500 to 2000 more runs before goes to retirement.

i never liked Ponting and hope he gets a bad patch for long time. and i miss old tendulker. his batting is the most entertaining after Lara

Tigers_eye
June 14, 2006, 03:14 PM
Finally a fruit full innings by Lara.
2006, 6 matches 10 innings 242 runs avg 24. Total runs to date is now 11446. Avg went up to 52.99.

Frost
June 14, 2006, 04:28 PM
Ponting, Dravid, and Tendulkar's jobs are becoming little bit harder :)

Bancan
June 14, 2006, 08:38 PM
by lookin at the stats dravid seems the best.

battye
June 16, 2006, 05:27 AM
I am deadly serious. It was Border who cut down my hero's career. For him I did not witness Steve shattering Border's run total of 11174. Steve was only 247 runs behind to be the All-time leading Test runs for Australia. He was averaging 58 in his last two series. 10 above his regular average. As per captiancy is concern he could have led Australia better even now at the age of 41, and I tell you Australia would not have lost the ashes last year.

We all know what drama went on behind the scene. Border just came in with a chip on his shoulder as a selector back then. Steve never wanted to retire from the ODI team. He was forced. His injury played a role even though he was in good form. 2 fifties still not selected for the WC. That was the beginning. Steve did not wanted to retire without playing one more test series at India. That was his ultimate goal. But the pressure Border and Co. put on him, he gracefully decided not to make a rift with the selectors. He was denied his chance to be in the history books. That was almost 10 months left with a SL series at home in June. And as for the SCG, no matter when he retired that would have been the last test there anyways. That's why he was imotional so was the stadium packed crowd.

Thus EVIL Border kept his record. He may do the same thing to Ponting. Who knows. History does repeat itself.

Absolutely correct