PDA

View Full Version : Tasmania looking to recruit Bangladeshi talent

rimjumana
June 13, 2006, 05:07 AM
Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200606/s1661921.htm

I just wanted to share this good news with you.
Tschuss!

Rabz
June 13, 2006, 05:17 AM
who knows ... may be rafiq can pick up a spot with the tassie team...
after all, he is a class spinner....
plus in the dying stage of his career, he might get a chance to play the world's best domestic cricket league and also rack up some money....

thebest
June 13, 2006, 06:30 AM
Thanks for the news.
If they recruit as the coach was mentioning for spinner Rafiq has a better chance, but I would bet more on Mehrab Jr or Saqib because of their batting prowes and experience in Australia.

Frost
June 13, 2006, 07:12 AM
From Bangladesh perspective, picking the youngsters would be better. However, picking Rafique is not bad either - he can use his experience later if he decides to be a coach after retirement. In anyway, it's a good sign that they are showing interest to our players.

battye
June 13, 2006, 08:25 AM
Would be good to see Rafique play for Tassie, they desperately need some talent. While they have some real class acts in Michael Bevan and Michael Di Venuto, their only international player is Ricky Ponting, who of course is never able to play for them.

AsifTheManRahman
June 13, 2006, 08:34 AM
finally!

one of our boys playing in the aussie domestic circuit is like a dream come true.

rudro
June 13, 2006, 09:45 AM
Thanks God...he was not looking for a 'talented living ligend'!

Aritro
June 13, 2006, 09:47 AM
I would love it if one of our lads got a run in the 4 day competition here.

It would do them the world of good.

Sam
June 13, 2006, 09:56 AM
I believe that Tim Coyle's visit will also be helpful for our boys. It is a nice arrangement from Alistair de Winter.

sadi
June 13, 2006, 10:09 AM
sounds good... Sakib or Mehrab can definately get a chance... but the problem is they will be on tour that time with A team

TheWatcher
June 13, 2006, 02:29 PM
I hope he will come after the A-team returns home, that way he will get a chance to look at Enamul Jr.

al Furqaan
June 13, 2006, 02:32 PM
I hope he will come after the A-team returns home, that way he will get a chance to look at Enamul Jr.

yep...enam tha man

Hatebreed
June 13, 2006, 08:16 PM
Well Rafique might get a chance but he's not getting any younger. Enamul should be considered.

Tehsin
June 13, 2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the link, i just put it on the main page. Positive news. If things do work out, it'll be the first time any of our boys get to play in a top class (hopefully a litle bit of first class experience as well) domestic competition outside Bangladesh.

Also, in future, if you find such links, feel free to send me a u2u and Ican put it up on the front page for everyone. :)

Thunder
June 13, 2006, 10:46 PM
I think this will not make much difference to our team as he is looking to improve the spin area of the tassie side. So, with a huge experience behind him Rafique will be the cheapest and best option available to them and i dont think they will recruit any unexperienced young player to improve their spin options.

But if things goes well, Rafique has a good chance to excel his career as a spin coach for the tassies but this will not help our team at all if we lose such an experienced player after he retires.

thebest
June 14, 2006, 05:29 AM
Thunder,
as I mentioned earlier Rafiq has the best chance. But I do not agree with you. Rafiq's joining (a big if, the news did not say they would recruit from Bangladesh) would open the vista for Bangladesh. If he joined in Tasmanian set up he could provide opportunity for the new kids in the block to play in australian grade cricket. That would be even far better than Mehrab or Saqib get the chance to play there.
Secondly, I do not believe he would be a good coach. He carries his heart in the sleeves. It is good for being a great player not a good coach or good captain. Anyway that is not the issue.
Hoping for the best

Aritro
June 14, 2006, 12:08 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember reading that Rafique speaks almost no English?

LateCut
June 14, 2006, 12:31 PM
I agree with TheBest. Rafique is not a coaching or captaincy material. He is too hot-headed for a position of leadership. His low flush point is even detrimental to the team. I can only guess what would have happened had he not been sent home after his most recent spat.

LateCut
June 14, 2006, 12:32 PM
Aristo, he speaks but the question is whether anybody comprehends or not. I have listen to his bengali interview which is marginaly better.

tiger_man
June 14, 2006, 12:49 PM
Aristo, he speaks but the question is whether anybody comprehends or not. I have listen to his bengali interview which is marginaly better.

hmm...

surprised that there are ppl out in the world who consider our cricketers "talent".....

i hope they dont drown the tassie team like they do to our BD team....

ponting wont be happy if that happens.

Dhakablues
June 16, 2006, 12:06 AM
If there is no league/tournament going on,, how in earth is he going to do the scouting? Based on the net practice? Anyways,, Bangladesh is full of foreign coaches these days,,having a visiting coach wouldnt harm I suppose.

James90
June 16, 2006, 07:49 PM
Taswegians will take players from anywhere. Only noteworthy home-grown talent is Boon and Ponting. Maybe one day Travis Birt. That is all.

Tehsin
June 16, 2006, 09:03 PM
We have some pretty decent spinners and it'll be great if we can have one of the spinning allrounders take this opportunity to get on their radar (be noticed). I see it as an opportunity for the player and the Tassies to help themselves. Not necessary to play in the first eleven, however, it would be preferable.

TheWatcher
July 20, 2006, 01:10 PM
So, Tim Coyle has finally arrived-

http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/07/21/2006-07-21__sports02.jpg

Bangladesh wicketkeeper Khaled Mashud (L) is poised to take a catch from 'keeping coach Tim Coyle during a training session at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur on Wednesday. PHOTO: STAR

Shafin
July 23, 2006, 07:45 AM
The report just said he will probably look for someone,didn't say that he will get one to play,but this is a good inspiration for our players to give a good show.