PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: Remove Font Color from Signature

chinaman
June 14, 2006, 08:51 PM
Using color, bold and other formating in signature is against our forum policy. I'd request all of you to remove the formating and use text-only signatures. Upto three lines of texts are allowed.

Please note that, Mods are allowed to use such formating to carry important forum related messages only.

Thank you very much for your support.

babubangla
June 14, 2006, 09:50 PM
Follow the Rules, Otherwise
http://www.worldcupjapankorea.com/photo_gallery/group/g/red_card_soccer.jpg

The Referee sure looks like a Chinaman!!:)

Sauron
June 14, 2006, 10:38 PM
Or,

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/843525/2/istockphoto_843525_jump.jpg

The kid looks chinese ... ;)

Hatebreed
June 14, 2006, 10:54 PM
If only I had a picture of Chinaman, like this- http://www.33reasons.com/

Fazal
June 15, 2006, 09:55 AM
I was working on my cool signature with all kind of animation and beautiful colors for last few months.

Looks like signature is nothing but trouble maker... more chances to get spotted by the MODs... like speeding in left lane of Route-270 in late Friday night when cops are lurking for their next victim....

Dhur Sha[]a ..... Signature-er kha[]a puri .... signature-ee dimu na..... who wants trouble specially with a chineese guy who may eat Tofu and expert in Kung fu, Taekwondo,Wing Chun, Kendo, Krav Maga and who knows what. Only thing I know is the use of Chor, Thappor, Kill and Konie. I don't thing it will be a good match (like Ban vs Aus.)

SMHasan
June 15, 2006, 10:39 AM
হায়রে চায়নাম্যান ভাই
তোমার শান্তি নাই!

captain_thinking_tank
June 15, 2006, 10:58 PM
"color hoba na, bold hoba na,
bola jaba na kotha,
rokto diya palam sa[]a'r amon sadhinota"

i took mine off. i dont think i need it anyway.

chinaman
June 16, 2006, 12:58 AM
Three cheers to those who responded quickly. You definite showed maturity, understanding and support. Banglacricket can not grow without your sopport. I hope others will follow through. Advance thank you to all. :up:

chinaman
June 19, 2006, 03:51 AM
I'll start writing the nicks who still use formating, starting of course with Hatebreed.

Omio
June 19, 2006, 06:42 AM
হায়রে চায়নাম্যান ভাই
তোমার শান্তি নাই!

http://www.acclaimimages.net/_gallery/_SM/0001-0309-3013-3144_SM.jpg

Sauron
June 19, 2006, 03:28 PM
Three cheers to those who responded quickly. You definite showed maturity, understanding and support.

My signature is so drab colorless and plain :(

... I almost wish to change it to a real colorful one (may be some motion too) and then revert back in order to prove my maturity ... [sigh]

Sauron
June 19, 2006, 03:37 PM
I'll start writing the nicks who still use formating, starting of course with Hatebreed.

But seriously, why the Orwellian effort to quelch people's colorful individualism?

Instead of enforcing a rule that doesn't make sense to everyone (I can speak for myself), why not re-evaluate the rule and dump it (if that is what makes more sense)?

In my opinion, the content of the signatures could be subject to moderation (i.e. no advert etc.), but not the formatting.

Btw, the above is not my signature ... ;)

tiger_man
June 25, 2006, 09:53 AM
color and formatting of signatures shows the the real individual behind the posts...by taking that away, you are making a person out of me that i am not.

chinaman
April 5, 2007, 02:30 PM
Its time for a reminder. Please remove formating (size, color, bold etc) from signature. Thank you.

akabir77
April 5, 2007, 02:43 PM
since you created mine do i need to do anything. i got to links but i can't change there color!!!

Spitfire_x86
April 5, 2007, 02:49 PM
Make it impossible for users to use tags in the signature.

Does the forum software have an option to prevent users from using tags in signature?

Spitfire_x86
April 5, 2007, 02:54 PM
Control over signature formating is necessary to some degree, because uncontrolled use of tags and formatting in signature ruins the layout of a thread. A one liner doesn't look good with 48pt signature or 5 line space occupying image.

Formatting should be allowed to some degree, as long as it doesn't become source of distraction and doesn't have much negative effect on the thread layout. Color, bold, italic should be okay. There should be limit in signature size (characters and number of line). Links should be allowed, but images should be banned.