PDA

View Full Version : Is the end nearing for Sachin Tendulkar...Let's hope not...

adel
June 15, 2006, 02:10 AM
The best batsman to ever pick up a bat (in my opinion) has now missed the West Indies tour with yet another injury. The Little Master now has missed a number of Indian Cricket tours, so the question must arise, has Sachin run out of fuel? I hope not if he retires, cricket will lose the best batsmen ever...Sachin Tendulkar is my favourite player of all time and i'm sure this applies to may of you...He has done so many amazing things with a 'never say die' attitude...My most memorable moment was when the Asia vs Rest of the World game was held in Dhaka Stadium, i was privledged enough to get the 'man with the golden arm's' signature...

Share your thoughts guys, do you thing Sachin will retire? Eventhough he is denying it at this point, will another injury shatter his career???So many questions about him retiring...What do YOU think???

mac
June 15, 2006, 03:21 AM
I don't think this is the rigth time for Sachin to retire. He still has much better spirit and ability to play cricket than many others. I think he will turn the next WC into a memorable one. Hope he will recover from the injury soon and gift us some classic innigns. :up:

israr
June 15, 2006, 06:14 AM
sachin was the best batsman after lara in modern day cricket, but sachin's loosing that position

thebest
June 15, 2006, 07:18 AM
The day you started the journey we are always nearing towards end. So why Tendulakor would be exception. Our own Mushfiq is also nearing the end:D

Tigers_eye
June 15, 2006, 08:18 AM
He is younger to Dravid. :) Logically the older one retires first. The break is good for him. He'll come back with a boom. I see him playing at least another 4/5 years. Ending with 15,000+ test runs. The Coach, selectors will go before he goes.

Fazal
June 15, 2006, 10:14 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that age and injury is catching up. There will be some flashes here and there, but beyond that you will not see the old Sachin anymore (even though he will have some significant role in near-future games)

I see couple of more years at best without hampering his reputation. Beyond that, it will be another Gangu-Chappell saga with the new actors but same role.

Baundule
June 15, 2006, 11:58 AM
Sachin has done enough. Even if he retires now, the cricket world will always remeber him. Let's hope for the best.

sadi
June 16, 2006, 09:41 AM
I hope he continues..... the only thing that can be said against him is that he never played a match saving innings for India... I hope he rectifies that before he retires.... I still remember his great innings against Pakistan in Bangalore where he was batting with an injury.... got out in the end and India lost....

End is near though... he is playing for last 15 years.... he will retire while he is still at the top and that means he will retire within next 2-3 years

Thunder
June 17, 2006, 01:08 AM
Sachin's injury is nothing but a simple law of nature. He made so many runs with such a great superioty that nobody ever made ! I've seen sachin playing since from the beginning when he started playing with the likes of Azharuddin, Provakar. Since then he was like a super human making thousands of runs and centuries after centuries. He hardly had any injuries when he was at his peak.

Baundule
June 17, 2006, 08:10 AM
What is the law of nature? Any reference?
On which parliment did those get passed?

Thunder
June 19, 2006, 08:11 PM
What is the law of nature? Any reference?
On which parliment did those get passed?

lolz Baundule.. There are millions of cricketers playing the game of cricket all around the world. But not many of them made 35 test and 39 odi hundreds. Only he did.

Tigers_eye
June 21, 2006, 02:05 PM
For what its worth.
Nice read indeed.
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/251000.html
Tendulkar back with a hundred
some of the lines .....

Although he was listed on the scorecard to bat at No. 3, Tendulkar opened the innings with his captain, Richie Richardson, and after a cautious first three balls launched into his innings. 42 balls later he brought up a fabulous fifty, the like of which few batsmen can make. Driving effortlessly; picking up the fast bowlers for fours behind square; sweeping the medium-pacers down to fine-leg: just about every shot in his extensive armoury was unveiled. It was a thrill to watch.
Indeed he even unleashed a couple of powerful pull shots, indicating that perhaps his shoulder - which was operated on in March - has finally healed. His only alarm came on 80 when, attempting his first reverse-sweep, the ball spooned to short leg but the wicketkeeper was unable to cling on to a hard, diving chance. A push to mid-on for a single brought up his hundred, from 91 balls, and was met with a diffident raise of the bat - and rapturous applause from the crowd. He was finally out in the 30th over for 155 caught at short mid-on off the bowling of medium-pacer Ben Jacklin, and was surrounded by autograph hunters as he returned to the pavilion.

Fazal
June 21, 2006, 02:07 PM
For what its worth.

Not much. Is a friendly porroshporer Pith Chulkani Match

Thunder
June 22, 2006, 12:36 PM
In the article it is mentioned:

"a charity match against students is of little significance and doesn't offer much indication as to a batsman's form".

Moreover he played like this before when he came back earlier from the Tennis elbow injury and fell into injury again. Now, let's see how far can he go without an injury.
I am predicting he will miss out the next world cup for an injury. Now, lets hope that the planet's best cricket player dont miss out the best cricket tournament.. :)

Terminator
March 13, 2007, 04:40 PM
i have watched him since his debut as a sixteen yr old against pakistan in a friendly match..and been hooked ever since..there are really a few people in cricket which make every moment exciting..sachin batting ..brett lee..shoaib running in..its sheer magic every ball...and that man not only bats..but when he dose..he looks so elegant..and what a gentleman off the field...

sadly seventeen yrs of non stop cricket have taken their toll..but no its wrong to say he is not a matchwinner..the problem was india never had the bowlers..it was one cricketer and ten other fools during the nineties..

maihu_don
March 13, 2007, 11:30 PM
.....it was one cricketer and ten other fools during the nineties..

I guess you are right

AsifTheManRahman
March 13, 2007, 11:35 PM
if india do well in this world cup, i think it will be ideal for tendulkar to retire, while he still has quite a bit of form left in him. with the kind of touch that he's been in recently, he can <b>still</b> easily make it to any team in the world, and should leave while that is true.

gatekeeper
March 14, 2007, 06:34 AM
Sachin's still pretty good but NOT what he used to be. More importantly he does inspire that awe in the opposition like he used to. His wicket would cause mass celebration even two years ago. If he retires after the WC, whcih I think he might, he'll still be considered a god but if he waits another year or two then he may be booted out. Nobody wants to see that.

At any rate--he remains the 'possibility', a symbol of what a man can achieve in this game.

scoilaheez
March 16, 2007, 11:52 PM
Hopefully he performs after the match against BD

Sovik
March 17, 2007, 07:52 PM
no, he will play another world cup

BP176
March 18, 2007, 02:23 PM
Sachin is a gr8 cricketer, the third gretaset batsman after Bradman and Lara, i feel sory for him, thruout the 90s he stood alone with a bunch of jokers, and India have brutally worn him out, playin pointless matches that were fixed anyway!! perfect technique and a gentleman, i was in Dhaka and got his autograph, spoke very quietly and politely, he wne ton to get the 141 that knocked Aus out of the competition in 1998!!! once he and saurav ganguly retire, there is no way im supporting India ever!!!