PDA

View Full Version : ASHRAFUL a club record

cricbb
June 15, 2006, 06:12 AM
Ashraful in his latest match for Rainhill cricket club has scored an club record of 202 runs off 143 balls against St Mary's in the 1 st round of a cup'Kaufman cup'.It is an extraordinary performance considering that the match was off 45 overs each.Rainhill scored 345 off 45 overs. Ashraful put together the record 2 nd wicket partnership off 177 with his collegue Chris Wilson.
You will be amazed to know that Chris Wilson only scored 23 runs of the 177 partnership.

Good going Ashraful. The fans must have had wonderful day out, and i am sure they will remember this performance for long time to come whileas, everyone in the ground including the players.

LateCut
June 15, 2006, 08:07 AM
The fans must have had wonderful day out, and i am sure they will remember this performance for long time to come whileas, everyone in the ground including the players.

The fans and the players are one and the same. There were nobody else watching the game! This was nothing more than a roadside pickup game.

Tigers_eye
June 15, 2006, 08:40 AM
Its like an NBA bench player playing a match in BD and scoring 60+. So take what is worth. No doubt a stepping stone for him. Now he needs to develop consistancy.
The fans and the players are one and the same.

The best comment that I read in BC today. Even topped Fazal's Fazlami.

ialbd
June 15, 2006, 08:55 AM
haha... good one...
________
MB100 (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_MB100)

captain_thinking_tank
June 15, 2006, 10:35 PM
Ashraful in his latest match for Rainhill cricket club has scored an club record of 202 runs off 143 balls against St Mary's in the 1 st round of a cup'Kaufman cup'.It is an extraordinary performance considering that the match was off 45 overs each.Rainhill scored 345 off 45 overs. Ashraful put together the record 2 nd wicket partnership off 177 with his collegue Chris Wilson.
You will be amazed to know that Chris Wilson only scored 23 runs of the 177 partnership.

Good going Ashraful. The fans must have had wonderful day out, and i am sure they will remember this performance for long time to come whileas, everyone in the ground including the players.

wow !!! is that right? i knew only he could do something like that. hope someday he breaks lara'r 400 runs record. :D

ashraful tumi agiya cholo. amra (ami & cricbb)achi tomar satha. :lol:

Dhakablues
June 16, 2006, 12:02 AM
even if you consider that he was playing a match against Thakurgaon KC, isnt it still a better batting display? Not to say that Rainhill score matters anywhere in the coverstory but for a batsman it does matter a lot to Ashraful to score big runs when he was going through the drought. Its an acheivement.. small indeed but required as well

Sam
June 16, 2006, 01:18 AM
...It was against a school team, I guess.

adel
June 16, 2006, 02:49 AM
There's no point in being negative towards Ash...He is building his confidence and as a result will help Bangladesh Cricket develop...Keep going Ash:flag:

Baundule
June 16, 2006, 03:41 AM
He is at least staying at the crease. Well, if the opponents missed 10 catches, then that is a different story. But, ok, well done!

captain_thinking_tank
June 16, 2006, 04:00 AM
He is at least staying at the crease. Well, if the opponents missed 10 catches, then that is a different story. But, ok, well done! did they miss 10 catches for real??? you got to be kidding! come on, Ash playing in English and they dont drop that many catches like that!

nannu
June 16, 2006, 04:32 AM
they do in a 10th degree competition.

cricbb
June 16, 2006, 06:43 AM
whatever level of cricket he's playing at, this experience in England must surely improve hit allround performance in future series. We must consider that the condition he's playing (ASH) is not the best off so we should bare with him.

mac
June 16, 2006, 08:13 AM
This will only boost his confidence just a bit but not his consistancy. He needs to play some more big innings to draw the attentions of the county teams. Hope he will score a double century in an ODI for BD.:flag:

Sorry
June 16, 2006, 01:35 PM
you guys shouldn't underestimate these teams. my shala is 14 and he plays for St Mary's. he pays £150 to learn cricket and goes for training 3 hours a week, and i know he is quite good.

Tehsin
June 16, 2006, 06:17 PM
Sorry, I am sure your shala is good but you just helped the folks who've been talking about the quality of this PARAR cricket. Ash is playing against teams that have players between 14-40 then? :)

captain_thinking_tank, yes, Ash is playing in England. Howver, just like BD, England has domestic first class leagues, Big/Small City Leagues with several DIVISIONS (just like here's first division and second division cricket AND third division leagues in Rajshahi/Sylhet/Dhaka/Netrokona etc), and they have PARA leagues like our Jabbar Memorial or Shahid Hassan Memorial leagues. Ashraful is playing in a league where if his team winsm, they'll qualify to play in the LIverpool League or something like that. THat means, his teams will qualify to play with teams in a City League Competiton. For those who are not getting this distinctions, I can't make this any clearer then this. It'd really help us if everyone who is 'excited' about Ashraful playing cricket in the UK takes a few minutes to read the main thread on the board. Please read it before responding to anything I wrote in this post. Otherwise, both of us will have to spend a lot more time to get in the same wavelength. Remember Dana Gothia cup ?

By the way, the level of the league is MUCH lower their County cricket, it's not even minor counties. Someone well versed in the British League system's can give us more info. http://banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=15526

Another quick thing, even B players from Pakistan/India comes to BD National League and scores BHURI BHURI runs. Ash should have had couple more hundreds in the parar cricket by now.

you guys shouldn't underestimate these teams. my shala is 14 and he plays for St Mary's. he pays £150 to learn cricket and goes for training 3 hours a week, and i know he is quite good.

cricket_pagol
June 16, 2006, 06:56 PM
ASh should have been scoring centuries from the very beginning. It's good that he finally got one. One century is not enough to say that Ashraful is back in form, especialy if we consider the standard of his opponents.

Tehsin
June 16, 2006, 08:57 PM
By the way, just so we are clear - I (and those who are unhappywith the performance and the CHOICE of playing in this league) want Ash to succeed. My worry is that this is not the right step for him. The ONLY value this experience might bring him is to give him a chance to get accustomed to a foreign environment. Any experience (whether good, bad, or useless) has the potential to help us mature in our own ways. For Ash, the 200 (and the decent score in the previous match) may be a direct effect of him getting his act together and copig with his new environment. I'd be optimistic and say that this could be a breakthrough for him and when he comes back and share his experience, more of our young players will take a bold step and try to get more foreign exposure.

Ash's stay in UK gets helps him connect to their culture a little bit so IF he gets to go back to UK as a county player (Asha korte dosh ki?), he won't have to worry about fitting in. He's getting a taste of it right now. Plus, with better opponent, Ash's performance might get better. West Indies plays bad against minnows, Ash may have the same problem. Give him better opponent and he'll probably up his class a few notches.

And finally, we will not do him any favor if we 'pretend' that he is playing in a quality league and the level of cricket he is playing matters. We want Ash to be a world class player and we should keep our expectations of him at that level. We have babysat him enough and as a result, he still acts like one on the field. People in the US/Uk mature when they are 18. He was 18 4/5 years ago. It's time he grows up a bit.

shujan
June 16, 2006, 10:59 PM
Hail to the shala!!! Thats dedication.

cricbb
June 19, 2006, 07:26 AM
ASh should have been scoring centuries from the very beginning. It's good that he finally got one. One century is not enough to say that Ashraful is back in form, especialy if we consider the standard of his opponents.

i agree that he should have scored more centuries considering his opponents.
http://www.rainhillcc.org/images/Cap0034.BMP
iT IS disappointing when he's not scoring consistantly.

tiger_man
June 19, 2006, 07:31 AM

there is quite a difference between the ODI nd international test cricket player and your shala's capability...

there are thousands of potential cricketers like ur shala running around and that dont make it near the A team.....

Aritro
June 19, 2006, 01:03 PM
Ashraful is playing in a league where if his team winsm, they'll qualify to play in the LIverpool League or something like that.

Are we convinced about that?

http://msca.play-cricket.com/leaguetables/divisionTable.asp?id=2683&seasonID=7

Rainhill are in the Merseyside and Southport Cricket Alliance, as was pointed out by someone else.

Merseyside/Southport covers the city of Liverpool and the whole area of small cities around it such as St.Helen's and Birkenhead.

Sounds to me like it's the premier cricketing competition on Merseyside? :confused:

Ahh bugger, this, I'm going to do some proper research on this.

cricman
June 19, 2006, 01:11 PM
We've discussed this for 6 months now!

The Top 2 teams from the MSCA get promoted to the Liverpool League! Like FC Reading got promoted to the English premiership this year. How many game will Reading win in the Premiership this year? I'll give them 5.

But back to Rainhill, Once they get promoted to the Liverpool League they get squashed the way Reading will get this year. The only reason Rainhill is in 2nd place is cause Ashraful's bowling dismissies the Pub squads for 150.

Hope Ash can get a County Division 2 Contract next year.

Aritro
June 19, 2006, 01:15 PM
We've discussed this for 6 months now!

The Top 2 teams from the MSCA get promoted to the Liverpool League! Like FC Reading got promoted to the English premiership this year. How many game will Reading win in the Premiership this year? I'll give them 5.

But back to Rainhill, Once they get promoted to the Liverpool League they get squashed the way Reading will get this year. The only reason Rainhill is in 2nd place is cause Ashraful's bowling dismissies the Pub squads for 150.

Hope Ash can get a County Division 2 Contract next year.

Righto.

As I pointed out in the other thread, the Liverpool League is one of the strongest leagues in Lancashire. It's hosted Mustaque Ahmed, Mohammed Sami and Abdur Razzaq among others in recent years.

If he was playing in it, it would definitely be a wortwhile exercise. Shame he's not.