PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Ashraful today!

kalpurush
June 17, 2006, 12:30 AM
Today, June 18....our anniversary day of a spectacular win over Australia at NatWest series. It still gives me a lot of pleasure and thrill. Specially...Ashraful's ton and Aftab's over the boundary shot! I wish Ashraful (also Aftab and others) will show more maturity and devotion to reach us in the final round of Champions Trophy this October which will lead us to celebrate a day or two in weeks instead of celebrating anniversary!!

mac
June 17, 2006, 01:48 AM
One year has been passed away!!! Let's remember Gillespe for his outstanding(!!!) catching and bowling on that day. Watchig this match is still my one of the best experiences. Thank to all the BD players.:flag:

tutul
June 17, 2006, 03:00 AM
Let's remember Gillespe for his outstanding(!!!) catching and bowling on that day. yeah...he paid his due with interest not too long ago. you may click here (http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005-06/AUS_IN_BDESH/SCORECARDS/AUS_BDESH_T2_16-20APR2006.html) in case if u dont remember.

Yameen
June 17, 2006, 05:25 AM
actually it was on the 18th june, but it was a memorable moment as I WAS AT THE MATCH! hehe,

I will always remember this game for the rest of my life

Hasib
June 17, 2006, 07:09 AM
haha :D...premature posting!!!!

Fazal
June 17, 2006, 10:30 AM
Actually June 16 is still a historical day for some. One year ago this day, while taking a nap between practice, Ash saw a strange dream. Actually that motivated Ash to score that century.

kalpurush
June 17, 2006, 12:57 PM
Sorry!...for wrong date(?!). Correction measures has taken. Good memory Yamen!! Much thanks. Fazal bhai...thanks for the info.

Nasif
June 17, 2006, 01:48 PM
Here is the thread if you are wondering what was goin on BC on that day :)

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=11153

SMHasan
June 17, 2006, 08:55 PM
One yr gone so quickly! Can't believe this. Hope we can repeat this performance more often in near future.

ialbd
June 17, 2006, 09:01 PM
1 year hoye gelo??? i can still hear my entire apartment complex (in Dhanmondi, Dhaka) shouting their heart out when aftab clubbed that six....
________
VERMONT MARIJUANA DISPENSARY (http://vermont.dispensaries.org/)

mhferdaus
June 17, 2006, 09:09 PM
ah if we could only win another one when they were touring, or was it too much to ask ???

kalpurush
June 18, 2006, 04:13 AM
Not at all! We were almost there!!Have a chance to do it again in the Champions Trophy too!!!

cricbb
June 19, 2006, 07:05 AM
can't believe it already one year since we won against the Aussies. Time flies we Bd are playing . When they are not playing days feels like weeks.

cricbb
June 19, 2006, 07:08 AM
actually it was on the 18th june, but it was a memorable moment as I WAS AT THE MATCH! hehe,

I will always remember this game for the rest of my life

well remembered guys. Success should always be seen and heard over and over again.

reza_15
June 19, 2006, 09:14 PM
i will say that day was one of the best days of my life. wow, can't forget those moments. as i was watching bangladesh batting, i was asking myself " is it really gona happen?' and with all surprise and ecstasy i discovered that we made the history.

Yameen
June 17, 2007, 04:53 PM
wat a great day, great memories from when i was lucky nuff 2b there! lolz
pplz its the 2nd anniversary of ashraful hitting dat memorable ton to beat the ozies at cardiff!!!!!! great team performance, a day which wil alwys remain in my heart...

WarWolf
June 17, 2007, 06:16 PM
This day is inspiration for playing well in Srilanka.

Electrequiem
June 17, 2007, 06:17 PM
I remember the day as if it were only yesterday. I joined BC soon after :)

Sohel
June 17, 2007, 06:45 PM
Here is the thread if you are wondering what was goin on BC on that day :)

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=11153

Thanks for the treat.

One World
June 17, 2007, 06:59 PM
thanks fro the link

Nafis_BD
June 17, 2007, 08:06 PM
I remember this day.......the BD team were playing like real tigers that day!!!!

tonoy
June 17, 2007, 09:26 PM
you mean we defeated the aussies once? when the hell was that? why would the aussies do that?

cricman
June 17, 2007, 09:40 PM
Since technically it's June 17th, this was the day 95% of BC wanted Ashraful Dropped for Tushar, only a few members stuck by Ash

Trigger_Tiger
June 17, 2007, 10:43 PM
you mean we defeated the aussies once? when the hell was that? why would the aussies do that?

Shame! Shame!

One World
June 17, 2007, 10:48 PM
i changed my desktop in NDSU office with the post-game team photo

kalpurush
June 17, 2007, 10:58 PM
Since technically it's June 17th, this was the day 95% of BC wanted Ashraful Dropped for Tushar, only a few members stuck by Ash

...and Ashraful is our captain now...!!!:-D

Murad
June 17, 2007, 11:11 PM

are you sure that u didnt know that??

Antora
June 18, 2007, 01:26 AM
wow suprising u remember the date kalpurush bhaiya!!!!!!!!
just reminds me how i went to skool the next day and teased the hell out of ma aussie friends!!!! I wish we could beat the aussies ova and ova again!!!!

cricket_king
June 18, 2007, 01:52 AM
Go Ashraful you GANGSTAAAA!! :-D :-D

Zunaid
June 18, 2007, 01:58 AM
Check the front page or the history section:

<table class="display" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><th>On June 18th in
Bangladesh Cricket
</th> </tr> <tr> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> 2005 (http://ind.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005/OD_TOURNEYS/NWS/SCORECARDS/AUS_BDESH_NWS_ODI2_18JUN2005.html)
"Take that Australia!" Bangladesh pull off perhaps the greatest upset of all time defeating World Champions Australia, With Mohammed Ashraful leading the way with a magnificant century and some handy batting from Aftab Ahmed, Bangladesh won by 5 wickets! </td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <th align="right">View All Events >> (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../History/thisday.php)</th></tr></tbody></table>

Nocturnal
June 18, 2007, 01:59 AM
.....and my TWO years as a BC member comes today June 18, 2007 :D

Shafin
June 18, 2007, 02:31 AM
The time is coming when we will be overloaded by these "historical days",surely.

Sohel
June 18, 2007, 05:07 AM
I was at the South Avenue Gym watching it all happen with my buddy H, a former medium pacer for a major Dhaka outfit. We saw highly unlikely possibilities unfold right before our eyes as Ash decided to defy the odds and take the fight to the Australian doorstep. I remember Ponting chewing on his fingernail, I'm sure it was the middle finger, like there's no tomorrow - lost in confusion and increasingly fearful of the impending doom. I could see the wheels and cogs of rationalization being greased in the back of his mind. Then Ash took that single to get what he deserved, and we knew that our Tigers were about to beat the unbeatable ...

The last word on the greatest batsman Bangladesh has produced to this early date? We always have a chance to win if Ash stays in the middle, therefore he simply needs to, now more than ever as "Captain Bangladesh".

cricket_king
June 18, 2007, 05:40 AM
I was at the South Avenue Gym watching it all happen with my buddy H, a former medium pacer for a major Dhaka outfit. We saw highly unlikely possibilities unfold right before our eyes as Ash decided to defy the odds and take the fight to the Australian doorstep. I remember Ponting chewing on his fingernail, I'm sure it was the middle finger, like there's no tomorrow - lost in confusion and increasingly fearful of the impending doom. I could see the wheels and cogs of rationalization being greased in the back of his mind. Then Ash took that single to get what he deserved, and we knew that our Tigers were about to beat the unbeatable ...

The last word on the greatest batsman Bangladesh has produced to this early date? We always have a chance to win if Ash stays in the middle, therefore he simply needs to, now more than ever as "Captain Bangladesh".

Your buddy's named H? :confused:

Miraz
June 18, 2007, 09:42 AM
And here's the blazing 100 by Ashraful in the red letter day

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ArBN4wKnRpM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ArBN4wKnRpM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

rubel_18
June 18, 2007, 10:10 AM
And here's the blazing 100 by Ashraful in the red letter day

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ArBN4wKnRpM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ArBN4wKnRpM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thanks a lot Miraz Bhai it was great to see that 100 of Ashrafuls.

ialbd
June 18, 2007, 10:11 AM
2nd anniversary..... ha video gula arekbar dekhi.....

mla
June 18, 2007, 10:52 AM
wow - I had shivers down my spine reading through the match thread. Thank you for posting the link.

Farhad
June 18, 2007, 01:35 PM
Heres cricinfos take on the day in their regular column "All Today's yesterdays"
Crash Bang Walloped (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/149613.html)2005
"The most embarrassing defeat in our sport history" was how Sydney's Daily Telegraph summed up a performance that reverberated around the globe. Bangladesh had been 500 to 1 outsiders for their opening encounter with Australia in the NatWest Series, but having restricted a lacklustre opposition to 249 for 5, they set about scripting a miracle. Led by the diminutive Mohammad Ashraful, whose even 100 was his maiden one-day century, they paced their chase to perfection until, with seven required from the final over, Aftab Ahmed walloped Jason Gillespie out towards the River Taff for a massive six. A scrambled single later, and the greatest upset - perhaps in any sport ever - had been completed.

israr
June 18, 2007, 04:08 PM
That day......................................What a day of mirth it was......................!

israr
June 18, 2007, 04:14 PM

I was one of those 5% who adhered with Ash.
Alhamdullillah, our team persisted with Ash:-| , or else I am wondering where this thread would've been now!

Mahir
June 18, 2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks for prompting a visit down memory lane :) ... t'was a Classic BC + Paltalk day.

MohammedC
June 18, 2007, 04:54 PM
I remeber that day very well. What a day it was for Bangladesh cricket. I was quite gutted could not go to Cardiff that day.

SS
July 3, 2007, 08:26 AM
i feel like I should be a Villain and pulled up this thread because
"Mohammad Ashraful equaled the record for most ducks scored by a Bangladesh batsmen. His third-ball duck today was his 11th in Tests drawing him level with Khaled Mashud. "

syzygy
July 3, 2007, 08:30 AM
well i think ashraful has been the biggest flop (after all that hype) of the tour so far.

its not easy to captain the side and cope up with the performance, may be these are early signs though! waste of talent to say the least!

syzygy
July 3, 2007, 08:40 AM
i feel like I should be a Villain and pulled up this thread because
"Mohammad Ashraful equaled the record for most ducks scored by a Bangladesh batsmen. His third-ball duck today was his 11th in Tests drawing him level with Khaled Mashud. "

well as far as i remember he was also out in a first ball duck in the second test of the ind series...that does nt help his average either...anyway these kind of records are meant to be forgotten, hope he realizes his talent and deliver along with the team!

WarWolf
July 5, 2007, 06:51 AM
I will remember Ash for today's performance.
Quoting Mahmood bhai from another thread.
I see a great leader rising from the ashes of these 2 tests. Just hang in there.

SS
July 5, 2007, 07:39 AM
Gota admit he played well today. I hope some other batsmen stayed with him in the crease.

Sohel
July 5, 2007, 07:42 AM
This day will be remembered. A Captain's knock under terrible circumstances, against the best bowling attack and fielding side in the world, being expertly handled by a great young Captain of ther own, inside their den ... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

israr
July 5, 2007, 07:55 AM
This day will be remembered. A Captain's knock under terrible circumstances, against the best bowling attack and fielding side in the world, being expertly handled by a great young Captain of ther own, inside their den ... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Exactly.