PDA

View Full Version : Cricinfo match commentaors with it today?

Huda
June 20, 2006, 10:54 AM
I was reading the ball by ball commentary on the England vs Sri lanka odi game, and for some reason today they have been trying to be humerous? sarcastic? whats with the change or writing?

Examples

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=7 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">14.5 Perera to Pietersen, 2 leg byes, Somebody's strangled a cat out in the middle of the pitch. Oh no, it's actually Perera's lbw appeal. KP took three steps down the pitch and the ball was going high. But pretty close otherwise </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

12.1 Malinga to Pietersen, no run, right on the money again from The Slinger. How on earth does he get so accurate with an action like that? Essex's bowling guru, Ian Pont, would do his nut about it. And that's a fact.

On Malinga's action: "Essex's bowling guru, Ian Pont, would do his nut about it. And that's a fact."

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=7 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"Maharoof is on fire", says Mike Atherton, in an unexpected parody of the Bloodhound Gang. "We don't need no water ... etc" </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

List goes on...in my opinion, thanks martin, andreww, its made the game much more enterntaining today, and soem classic quotes have come out :) :up:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Bancan
June 20, 2006, 11:34 AM
haha :D not so funny

battye
June 21, 2006, 06:04 AM
I wonder if the commentator is supporting England? :P

Rabz
June 22, 2006, 08:32 AM
thats the latest updated version of online commentary called
CricComm 2.0

Baundule
June 28, 2006, 08:52 AM
From the fourth ODI:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=605 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2>
It’s lunch now – although England’s bowlers should be given bread and water and sent down to the nets – and we will be back for the second half of the match at about 3.10pm (14.10GMT). We apologise for the loss of commentary for a few overs during the Sri Lanka innings but it was down to our recently-fired ISP.</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>49.6</TD><TD>Ali to Maharoof, no run, a dot ball to end an over which produced 20 runs. </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>49.5</TD><TD>Ali to Bandara, 1 run, another full toss, hit square. It should have been called as it was above waist height but the umpire clearly wants to get off before sunset </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>49.4</TD><TD>Ali to Bandara, FOUR, the good news is that it actually pitched. The bad news is that it was short and pulled square for another four </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>49.4</TD><TD>Ali to Maharoof, (no ball) 1 run, guess … go on. Yes, a full toss which Maharoof skies and Jones runs round to take a catch .. but rightly called a no-ball </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>49.3</TD><TD>Ali to Maharoof, SIX, Ali overcompensates with a short slower ball which is thwacked into the crowd at midwicket. </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>49.2</TD><TD>Ali to Maharoof, SIX, yet another full toss and it got all it deserved, hammered for six over square leg. Maharoof brings up his fifty and his side’s 300. Ali is dreadful. </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>49.1</TD><TD>Ali to Bandara, 1 run, another full toss, but only a single this time </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SMHasan
July 8, 2006, 08:34 PM
Malinga's bowling action is really weired, the way he bowls is really dangerous. He might get someone injured one day!

Hatebreed
July 9, 2006, 11:15 AM
I found some of the commentry funny... and yeah I do think Malinga chucks and is dangerous...