PDA

View Full Version : Is Cricket bangladesh doing anything to increase our test matches

Tigers_eye
June 21, 2006, 10:06 AM
In 2007 (last week of June), BD will visit SL for 2 test and 3 ODIs. Both SL and BD have nothing scheduled for the next six weeks after the series. Can our board request the series be 3 test series, please. If any of the BD Cricket board official bump into this thread I would request to communicate with SL board about this right now. That way in the 12th hour, time/communication would not be an issue and we will have more tests in this new FTP. To make it even, we can request SL to play a three test series and a tri-series (ODI Zim, SL and BD) in 2008 Dec.

Attapatu had expressed his dislike about the two test series in our previous visit. May be, he can be approched?

For BC members, how can we help this process? Any ideas?
For the distinguished BD and overseas writers: Can you guys write something up in the daily papers about this? We need all the help we can get.

al Furqaan
June 21, 2006, 11:08 AM
yes...we need 3 test series...our boys take time to warm up, and this ensures that we see at least one good to great innings by our team.

sadi
June 21, 2006, 11:16 AM
I don't think our board is doing enough to get us some more test matches... Whatever ICC is giving us, we are quite happy with it eventhough we don't play test for about a year... Our board should constantly communicate with other boards and see if they can get a series with one of them... When does the rainy season end in Bangladesh? Maybe we can invite other teams to come to BD...

Tigers_eye
June 21, 2006, 11:27 AM
yes...we need 3 test series...our boys take time to warm up, and this ensures that we see at least one good to great innings by our team.
To convince the first nation to play a three test series is always hard. Once that is out of the way, other nations can fall in line. The second nation to approach in increasing test matches would be West Indies (away April 09, home Oct 2011). The third series would be Pakistan (away Aug 2010, home Dec 2011), and the forth would be Zim (Home Dec 2010, Away July 2011). The FTP is favorable for all nations mentioned to add a test for the time mentioned.

Nasif
June 21, 2006, 11:46 AM
When FTP was annouced, nTV showed Ali Asgar's reaction. He said that he is very happy about the FTP, it will generate lot for money of BCB as they can go for long term TV rights and sponsorship deals. According to him it was an excellent FTP.

What are you guys are complaining about? If boss says its OK, then it must be OK :o

sadi
June 21, 2006, 11:49 AM
Ofcourse boss can take a one yr nap now

cricman
June 21, 2006, 11:55 AM
PCB and BCB have already Agreed on a 3 Test/5ODI series when we host Pakistan

There is also a significant change for Bangladesh to host Pakistan for three Tests and five one-day matches instead of two Tests and three one-day internationals.

http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/03/16/d60316040126.htm 3 month old DS article

Tigers_eye
June 21, 2006, 12:03 PM
Ofcourse boss can take a one yr nap now
missed the main part "and get paid for napping". There will be another nap time after the SL series (July 07). This time it will be 6+ months of no test matches.

Great news Cricman. WooHoo! we will have an extra test match in 2011 Dec. CB is off the hook for now. But what about us visiting them in 2010 August?? Can we get a three match series?

al Furqaan
June 22, 2006, 12:02 AM
PCB and BCB have already Agreed on a 3 Test/5ODI series when we host Pakistan

http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/03/16/d60316040126.htm 3 month old DS article

i saw that too...but chech cricinfo, the FTP says thats its a regular 2-test, 3-ODI series

IanW
June 22, 2006, 12:40 AM
Bangladesh doesnt need more Test matches.

It needs more first-class matches. Lots and lots more first-class matches.

For example, if touring Australia, I'd like a FC game against every state *and* country NSW *and* an ACT XI. Then you play your two tests and triangular one day series.

Ian Whitchurch

Ejaj
June 22, 2006, 02:54 AM
I totally agree with you Ian. Although I would love to see BD playing more and more test matches, looking at the requirement, its top quality first class matches that BD needs more. BCCB should really try their best to get some FC matches in Australia, England or in India.

Tigers_eye
June 22, 2006, 09:54 AM
Great point IanW as usual. but that has no incentive for hosting nations like SL, Pakistan, WI. As they will be paying for the long tour itienary. I know we can compete with the countries that I mentioned. Another 5 day match would help revenue also. The more pressured situation you face the better you get. No short-cuts.
May be Bd can send the development squad to Aus, SA, Eng to play more FC cricket.

al Furqaan
June 22, 2006, 10:47 AM
Ian is correct, but for that we need the A team to tour places...btw, on a related subject is there a FTP for the a team or do the individual boards schedule that? why does our a team play zimbabwe so much? our a team needs some real challenges as well. further, if practice is the issue, which it isn't (its about money) then how come we have all 3 ODI series? we should have as many ODIs as the other test nations.

also, our beloved board needs to do 2 things in my opinion:

1) increase half of our planned series to 3 Tests and increase almost all ODI series to 5 or 7 ODIs.
2) schedule series inside all the big (4 or more months) gaps we have in the FTP. a 2 Test, 3 ODI series is fine here. heck, just 2 Tests or just 3 ODIs against a non-kenya or non-zimbabwe team will be greatly appreciated.

Tigers_eye
June 22, 2006, 12:08 PM
When and which teams tours which countries, is set by FTP. The number matches they play are negotiable by the boards.

We have following gaps in our FTP:
1. Aug 06 - Sep 06, two months Monsoon season. A tour to NZ would be great they are free as well.

2. Sep 07 (last week) - Mid Feb 07, almost 5 months Domestic Cricket will be in full swing.

3. May 08 - Mid Jul 08, 2.5 months kal boishakhi Jhor. Away tour recommended. South Africa is hosting Scotland and Kenya in mid June for 2-3 ODI. Can we join? Please!!!

4. Mid Jan 09 - Mar 09 2.5 months Domestic season.

5. Mid Jun 10 - Sep 10 2.5 months Mansoon season. South Africa has free dates. A team tour??

Our board can do so many things if only they try. I wish some of our BC members had direct connection with the board members. Maximizing exposure should be one of the goals of our board. They need to schedule out the domestic cricket time table till 2012 now. Then the players know when they can rest and when they can play for the county. What!!! smile, I said county cricket.

SMHasan
June 22, 2006, 07:44 PM
Our cricket bosses are busy with the politics now a daz..oops..always.They dont bother whether we should play or not. You can't find our board president in any meeting, press conference etc. He is busy with the politics. Nothing will happen if we employ a politics fanatic in the board president role. Bunch of idiots and selfish people.