PDA

View Full Version : channel i showing BD cricket???

al Furqaan
June 24, 2006, 07:23 PM
i just watched a video of the last BD-Kenya series on youtube.com. the video was clearly broadcast by channel i and i was wondering since the (ridiculous) commentary was in bangla, was channel i broadcasting that series?

i was wondering this because, my family recently got channel i and nTV via dish network, and i was thinking that a uninteresting series like the one against zimbabwe in december might also be televised by channel i?

my main question is, did channel i in fact televise the BD-kenya series last march?

here is a link to the video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TL-5YTIQcNg&search=bangladesh%20cricket

Hatebreed
June 24, 2006, 07:38 PM
Yes it was televised by Channel-I.. luckily you missed it because the commentry and analysis were painful. Babubangla made a parody of it, do a search on "channel-i commentry"..

I don't know which (if any) channel will televise the BD-Zim series.

thebest
June 25, 2006, 03:07 AM
man you are lucky that u do not have to hear the horrible commentry but you are also unlucky beacuse you missed the funniest thread of the year (http://http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=15263)

al Furqaan
June 25, 2006, 10:15 AM
i haven't checked that link, best bhai, but i saw it...just didn't read it. i can't read bangla, so i did in fact miss the parody.

if the commentary is that bad...you can just mute the volume and watch.

sonarbangla
June 26, 2006, 01:23 AM
lol.. nice finding.. however, which channel is broadcasting the game this time? any idea?

al Furqaan
June 26, 2006, 11:13 AM
sonar bangla,

i doubt whether channel i has the capability to broadcast from abroad, so i think this upcoming series will be a no show. but the december 7 ODI series at home prolly will since no one else will want to broadcast and channell i can handle it at home.

sonarbangla
June 26, 2006, 06:35 PM
i heard Star Sports went for a deal with BCB for five years, where they agrees to broadcast every single match they bd plays against no matter which country. Besides, since BD and ZIM are the last two teams in the world cricket, i think they will broadcast this match to make sure who has more possibility of winning the champions trophy 1st round maybe.

nasifkhan
June 27, 2006, 09:47 AM
i heard Star Sports went for a deal with BCB for five years, where they agrees to broadcast every single match they bd plays against no matter which country. Besides, since BD and ZIM are the last two teams in the world cricket, i think they will broadcast this match to make sure who has more possibility of winning the champions trophy 1st round maybe.

Actually the deal was ESPNSTAR will have the rights to telecast BD matches in BD only not from abroad and also that deal finished after the BD-AUS series. I think BCB was looking for new deal.

Nasif
June 27, 2006, 09:53 AM
sonar bangla,

i doubt whether channel i has the capability to broadcast from abroad, so i think this upcoming series will be a no show. but the december 7 ODI series at home prolly will since no one else will want to broadcast and channell i can handle it at home.
I dont' think Channel-i has capability or personnel to arrange broadcast of cricket matches at home or abroad. Last time they bought the rights from ESPN.

Only BTV has done it before on their own. I think nTV has the capability and finances do it, but doubt they will do it.

al Furqaan
June 27, 2006, 10:35 AM
nasif bhai is correct, the broadcast was espn stuff...just with channel i commentators

Sovik
June 28, 2006, 06:20 PM
it was classic. hamid vai is a genius. wish there were more cricket on Channel I and hamid vai

SMHasan
June 29, 2006, 07:08 AM
Hope BCB makes another deal with any reputed tv company before our winter season starts so that we can watch the games. Is there any news regarding the new tv deal? I heard bcb would find a deal after the deal with espn had finished in April this year.