PDA

View Full Version : Our bowlers are top on the "list" of ...

SS
June 28, 2006, 09:16 AM
most expensive ODI and test bowlers....

for test
MO Sharif(Bang) - 17 overs 120 runs Economy rate 7.05
for ODI

tapash - 7.0 overs 87 runs Econ 12.42
Source:
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/columns/content/story/251678.html

Rabz
June 28, 2006, 10:58 AM
mate... something is better than nothing... lol
at least we top something...
topping is a habit i hope..soon our players will start to top for all the good reasons...

Baundule
June 28, 2006, 11:15 AM
I wanted Mahmood continues on that day ;)

The first table is a bit funny, it counts only the players who finished their full quota. Mahmood got an escape there. Intentional, I guess :)

On that Tapash's day, even Harmison gave away 55 runs in his 8 overs and as long as Ashraful was there, I never stopped the thinking that we were going to chase down 392!

cricman
June 28, 2006, 12:07 PM
<TABLE class=engineTable cols=10><TBODY><TR class=data1><TD class=left noWrap>M Muralitharan (SL) (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/49636.html)</TD><TD>10.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>99</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>9.90</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Can't be that bad of a list when this guy is #2 on it.

SS
June 28, 2006, 12:54 PM
there is something wrong with the list. There has to be other bowler bowling worst. A very bias list from cricinfo trying to put us down. What's their basis of doing this list.

sadi
June 28, 2006, 01:31 PM
there is something wrong with the list. There has to be other bowler bowling worst. A very bias list from cricinfo trying to put us down. What's their basis of doing this list.

sob sorojontro....... amader moto eto bhalo ekta bowling team er arokom stat thakte parena..... something is very fishy :confused:

shovon13
June 28, 2006, 03:27 PM
there's nothing fishy about this. tapash belongs to a list where the bowler only had to bowl 30 deliveries. he's not even on the first list, because the bowler had to bowl atleast 60 deliveries in order to be on it.

SS
June 28, 2006, 03:57 PM
so if we know that the list is true why BCB is not giving more emphasize in pace bowling and ofcourse batting!

sadi
June 29, 2006, 08:18 AM
there's nothing fishy about this. tapash belongs to a list where the bowler only had to bowl 30 deliveries. he's not even on the first list, because the bowler had to bowl atleast 60 deliveries in order to be on it.

I think I was kidding!!! :lol:

IanW
June 29, 2006, 10:33 PM
We can all say something nasty about Tapash Baiysa as a bowler.

We can all say something about his record, his statistics and that he really wasnt good enough to play at the level he played at.

He can reply 'On the 18th of June 2005, at Sophia Gardens in Cardiff, Bangladesh played world champions Australia. I dismissed Australian captain Ricky Ponting LBW for one, and then dismissed Damien Martyn and Michael Clarke. We won with four balls to spare'.

Ian Whitchurch

rafiq
June 29, 2006, 10:49 PM
Nice one, Ian! ps how's the oil business?

SS
June 30, 2006, 08:40 AM

We can all say something about his record, his statistics and that he really wasnt good enough to play at the level he played at.

He can reply 'On the 18th of June 2005, at Sophia Gardens in Cardiff, Bangladesh played world champions Australia. I dismissed Australian captain Ricky Ponting LBW for one, and then dismissed Damien Martyn and Michael Clarke. We won with four balls to spare'.

Ian Whitchurch

That's a gem!! Ian is the man. Even I didn't recall that contribution. You should write for us with other Banglacricket dedicated writers & journalist to answer the critics.

Tigers_eye
June 30, 2006, 09:59 AM
When you perform great you expect everyone praise your performance. put you on top of their shoulder and scream "You are the Man". Similarly, criticism should be vented out where it is suppose to be. They all deserve it.

SS,
I am sure couple of years from now these lists will vanish and new lists will be scripted. With the 20-20 game, batsmen will be more accustomed to hit the bowlers harder than ever. With smaller parks and ICC's regulations (power play) this is bound to happen. So don't be dishearted with BD names in top. Soon good things are going to happen if we continue work hard.

al Furqaan
July 2, 2006, 10:29 AM

Ian Whitchurch

tapash has played quite crappily over the last several matches.

but...he is a true tiger...in our big wins against india and australia he was crucial...kept things tight against india, and without his wickets aussies would definitely have set us 270+ to win.

tapash served us, when everyone else broke down...and when he was our number 1 quick, he played his best ball.

cricman
July 2, 2006, 10:31 AM
Did Kabir Ali and Steve Harmission Join that List Yesterday?

cricbb
July 3, 2006, 07:42 AM

Ian Whitchurch

Tapash of late has not played upto his ability. The 'A' series against Zimbabue currently being played, has not performed if we consider the quality of the opposition.

IanW
July 3, 2006, 08:05 AM
Personally, I believe that he has played to his ability.

Fortunatley, there are now better and more talented fast bowlers who can now play for the Tigers.

But I'm never going to say he gave less than he had.

Ian Whitchurch

Hatebreed
July 3, 2006, 01:59 PM
Cricinfo must be running out of better things to do. When they thought "oh bugger.. we ain't got enough minnows on that list .... oh i know! how bout we see who conceded the most runs in 30 balls!.. surely there's gotta be an unfortunate Banger to top that list!"

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Next week, "Most expensive bowler in 15 balls"