PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan Vs England Tour 2006

Tipu
June 30, 2006, 04:54 PM
[ moderated contents ] - See post below - chinaman

chinaman
June 30, 2006, 05:08 PM
Contact moderators for rates and details for advertisement. Also contact them before posting so-called 'free links' as well. Thanks.

Tigers_eye
July 6, 2006, 12:57 PM
Rather than waisting the thread I think we can use this for the upcoming series between England and Pakistan.

So here it goes.

Warmup match: Pak vs Scott. Pak win by 5 wickets.

Pakistan seal eight-wicket win against Leicestershire in a 3 day match.

Rana ruled out from the Lord's test. Flintoff is unlikely to play in that one too.

England A is putting up a good fight against the Pakis. 268/3 at the end ofthe first day.

Miraz
July 8, 2006, 05:47 AM
England A is pounding Pakistan.
102 partnership for 10th Wicket.
Young Stuart Broad has made his first ever FC half century.
In my opinion Chris Read has done enogh to get the test call (136 N. O).
England A 578/9

Miraz
July 8, 2006, 11:47 AM
<TABLE height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Pakistan managed to score 242 in their first innings.

They succumbed to the spin bowling of Loudon (3 wicket) and Dalrymple (4 wicket).

very poor performance ahead of first test.

Cricinfo is shwoing Mohammad Asif as absent hurt!!

It will be a big blow for Pakistan if he misses the first test.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tigers_eye
July 10, 2006, 03:04 PM
Funny isn't it? Pakistanis can't get around the english spinners in english ground. They need to learn how the SL's dispatched the english bowlers.

Miraz
July 13, 2006, 08:22 AM
England started well and then two quick wickets gave Pakistan some advantage. Now England has recovered and sailing nicely.

England 164/3 (37.0 ov)

Rabz
July 13, 2006, 09:03 AM
for some wiered reason, Foxtel ( here in Aus) is actually telecasting the test matches... ususally they don telecast anything if Australia is not involved..( in cricket)...
But im not interested in the series ... !!

Promiti
July 13, 2006, 09:40 AM
i am in england watching the match and trust me it wasnt going smooth for england but now it is as pakistan slowly falls back!!!!! however i am not supporting anyone int his match cause its wayy too confusing!!:p :love: :up: :fanflag:

omg can wait for bangladesh to play this december when i am there!!!!

Sovik
July 13, 2006, 10:06 AM
how many catches have been dropped by pakistani fielders so far

qwert
July 13, 2006, 10:20 PM
ok man thats too much you can buy from www.desicrick.com (http://www.desicrick.com) and its only $14.99 and quality is 500kb

BangladeshFan
July 15, 2006, 03:32 PM
wonder innings from yusuf, even though i dont support pakistan but that innings i guess will turn the tide for them. he is really "inspired", in that zone when bowlers feel really helpless against batsman. :)

AsifTheManRahman
July 15, 2006, 05:28 PM
Did you see the Pakistani line-up?

Butt
Farhat
Iqbal
Yousuf
Sami
Haq
Razzak
Akmal
Afridi

Swap Sami with Afridi, and you have all solid batsmen in the top eight. Now that's one heck of a batting line-up.

Hatebreed
July 16, 2006, 08:34 AM
Magnificent inning by Mohammad Yousuf.. seems that Pakistan can cope despite a weak bowling lineup without Shoaib Akhtar and Md. Asif.

Miraz
July 16, 2006, 12:30 PM
England regain the commanding position of this test. Good captains knock from Strauss. Finally got out scoring 128. England lead by 341 runs should declare soon to get any result out of this test match.

At stumps day 4 England 258/7

Hatebreed
July 16, 2006, 01:06 PM
I doubt Pakistan will score these runs so the match is heading for a draw or win for England, though it will need more than hardwork to bowl Pakistan out.

mac
July 16, 2006, 01:17 PM
The match is surely heading towards a draw. But i want to see some fireworks from Afridi, Akmal, Razzaq:up:

Sam
July 17, 2006, 08:07 AM
Pakistan lost their first wicket on the first ball, however Mohammad Yousef have steadied the Pakistan batting. Now they are 65 for 2, that means trailing by 315 runs with 8 wickets in hand.

Sam
July 17, 2006, 08:08 AM
The match is surely heading towards a draw. But i want to see some fireworks from Afridi, Akmal, Razzaq:up:
Yes, without any sudden upset, it is heading for a draw.

Fazal
July 17, 2006, 10:32 PM
....its a draw

shahrukh
July 23, 2006, 10:04 PM
send ma links plz

Fazal
July 24, 2006, 12:42 PM
send ma links plz
Your Ma follows cricket? Three messages asking the same thing, she must be desperate for the link.

But which link? And what is her email address to send to?

Sovik
July 27, 2006, 06:59 AM
Pakistan 90/4

they are in trouble. younis & yousuf are both gone.

Rabz
July 27, 2006, 07:12 AM
im not watching or following the match..but i want England to win.
cant stand pakistan

Mr-Cricket
July 27, 2006, 08:39 AM
Pakistan 119 (38.4 ov)
England

"And so from 90 for 2, Pakistan lost their last eight wickets for 29 runs, with Steve Harmison right in the thick of things with figures of 6 for 19 from 13 overs. His best return since that legendary performance at Sabina Park two years ago."

Andy-Flower
July 28, 2006, 02:52 AM
i watched the last two sessions yesterday and i was impressed by Cook's maturity...he was superb i tell you. Hes short selection and defense is on point..the was he mixes up defence and attack is just wonderful. Hes been consistent ever since he was introduced and i think he has just cemented that number three spot for the Ashes series. Pietersen is doing his thing as usual..he attacked Kaneria quite well witha mixture of sweeps and drives. Think England are in a good position, but Pakistan is very likely to come back strong in te second innings with that famous Younis Khan and Yousef partnership...we will see ;)

Sovik
July 28, 2006, 06:53 AM
Cook is really a good player & his shot selection is very good. he just scored his 3rd test hundred & he is in his 7th test. i rememberd cook playing in under 19s when aftab,ashraful & nafees iqbal used to play. & our supers stars played more matches than cook with less success

Hatebreed
July 28, 2006, 11:47 AM
Pakistan is gonna lose this match.. It's nice for a change England is performing so well, I'm hoping to see more of it in the ashes!

mhferdaus
July 28, 2006, 09:38 PM
Pakistan once again predictibly unpredictible ...

Wohmepman
August 2, 2006, 06:20 AM
To early.

Ganesh
August 4, 2006, 07:08 PM
Pakistan is gonna lose this match.. It's nice for a change England is performing so well, I'm hoping to see more of it in the ashes!

If Panesar bowls the way he did the last test, during the Ashes, Ponting, Gilchrist etal will have trouble against him. He gave Pakistani top order real hard time.

Miraz
August 5, 2006, 06:26 AM
England in a very strong position
434/7. Bell made century after Pietersen's heroics.

Xavier
August 5, 2006, 05:44 PM
Good reply by Pakistan: Yousuf and Younis Khan are building a 166 runs partnerships and now they're on 202/2, so the match is still open.

Xavier
August 7, 2006, 02:44 PM
Stumps Day4:

Pakistan are 0/0 (1.0 ov.) chasing 323, I guess it all depends on their fantastic top/middle order Younis Khan/Inzaman/Yousuf... Y.Khan and Yousuf made an amazing 363 runs partnership on 1st innings, so anything can happen.
England will rely on Panesar to dismiss Pakistan and win both match and series, thus getting 2nd place in Test Championship, while Pakistan need to draw the series to stay 2nd.

Sovik
August 8, 2006, 09:27 AM
england has won this match and this series

Miraz
August 8, 2006, 09:44 AM
Another piece of good bowling from Panesar. He finished with six wickets.

two run out costed pakistan the most (first innings Younis and second innings Yousuf).

Good bowling by Sajid Mahmood, 4-22 in 8 overs.

Tigers_eye
August 8, 2006, 10:12 AM
Pakistan's openning still has a problem. They are missing Malik (make shift opener).
Good victory by the English. This shows how far the SL team have progressed. They have grinded out two draws which were in the sure loss column. Whereas, the Pakistanis lost both convincingly.

Sovik
August 8, 2006, 10:51 AM
fianlly england got a decent spinner.

Xavier
August 8, 2006, 11:01 AM
Pakistan's openning still has a problem. They are missing Malik (make shift opener).
Good victory by the English. This shows how far the SL team have progressed. They have grinded out two draws which were in the sure loss column.

Do you refer to their last english tour? It was a draw in the 1st Test, and a win in the last, when Murali devastated England with 8-70. So they could unexpectedly draw the seires. And then they whitewashed them in the ODI series too.

Tigers_eye
August 8, 2006, 12:39 PM
Do you refer to their last english tour? It was a draw in the 1st Test, and a win in the last, when Murali devastated England with 8-70. So they could unexpectedly draw the seires. And then they whitewashed them in the ODI series too.
My bad, one was a draw and the other one was a victory. Yes! was refering to the last SL series.

Xavier
August 8, 2006, 01:51 PM
It was just to give the right credit to Sri Lanka... now they're 5th in the Test Championships only one point above South Africa!
http://www.icc-cricket.com/test/

Tigers_eye
August 8, 2006, 01:56 PM
Althought in the table Pakistan is still the #2 team, England has over taken them. No matter what happens rest of the series, India will remain at 4.

Hatebreed
August 8, 2006, 03:58 PM
Too bad Pakistan lost again, let's not forget they're not playing their full-strength team.. Not to take anything away from England, I'm glad to see them in form with Ashes getting closer ;)

Sovik
August 28, 2006, 09:38 AM
bad news for England as pakistan's best pace bowlers(asif,shoaib & rana) are back in style. another thrashing for england in odi

Tigers_eye
August 28, 2006, 11:28 AM
The game of 20/20 reminds me of stick cricket on computer. Afridi having SR of 311 before his out. 9 balls 28 runs. Crazy.

Anyways looks like Pak will finish in style. 101/4 with 50 balls left. Eng managed to get 144 for 7 in 20 overs.

Tigers_eye
August 28, 2006, 11:59 AM
Pakistan wins with 2+ overs left by 5 wickets. Razzaq and Inzi runs hard for cover. the crowd invades.

BangladeshFan
August 28, 2006, 12:04 PM
afridi is made for this kind of stuff. well done in the end for pakistan to finish it in style.

i wonder how ashraful or aftab will play a 20/20 !!

AsifTheManRahman
August 28, 2006, 12:28 PM
pakistan never looked like they were in trouble, except maybe for the time when broad took two off two - but then afridi to ei betar noya careerta already shesh kore dilo

so a debut win for pakistan, then. as for aftab and ashraful, i think they'll have a hard time averaging 5 in this form of the game.

Sovik
September 2, 2006, 07:22 AM
england in trouble. 18 for 3 after 8 overs.

Hatebreed
September 2, 2006, 12:32 PM
Pak bt Eng pretty comprehensively by 7 wickets, with amazing performance from Shoaib Akhtar 4/28, Md Asif 2/10 and batting by Yousin Khan's 55(89), Md Yousuf 49*(81) and Inzy 42*(28).

Pakistan and Inzy salvaged a lot of pride and hopefully do it even better in the 3 remaining ODIs.

Tigers_eye
September 5, 2006, 12:09 PM
Hard one going on right now. Eng did post a good total 271/9. Pakistan fielding was well as usual, little better (some good catches) than pathetic. This is a batting track but also a day-night game. We'll see what happens. Lewis is bound to give some trouble to the Paki batsmen.

Tigers_eye
September 5, 2006, 02:13 PM
http://www.cricbuzz.com/component/option,com_staticxt/staticfile,audio-2006_PAK_IN_ENG-main.html/Itemid,124/
Live Audio

reverse_swing
September 5, 2006, 03:55 PM
The cameras have highlighted that Abdul Razzaq has a cap on under his helmet :)
-cricinfo

Fazal
September 5, 2006, 04:13 PM
The cameras have highlighted that Abdul Razzaq has a cap on under his helmet :)
-cricinfo

Failed to understand what cricinfo thrying to point it out.

Does it means cricinfo is pointing out that cameras have highlighted that Abdul Razzaq has a cap on under his helmet but failed to highlight that Lal Shuta ( a red thread) comming out from Pietersen's under wear?

mhferdaus
September 5, 2006, 10:29 PM

Does it means cricinfo is pointing out that cameras have highlighted that Abdul Razzaq has a cap on under his helmet but failed to highlight that Lal Shuta ( a red thread) comming out from Pietersen's under wear?

really ... from pietersen's undy ???

Hatebreed
September 6, 2006, 12:03 AM

Woot? I didn't see that.. :o

Anyway, why would anyone care if Razzak wore a cap under his helmet? Isn't it supposed to save time..?

Hatebreed
September 6, 2006, 12:16 AM
Anyhoo, Pak won today's match but it was certainly competitive. Considering the pitch was suited for batting Eng posted a good total of 271/9, Pak were pathetic at fielding but guess what.. Inzy fielded very well with some good dives.

Pak lost both openers early but as always Younis Khan and Md. Yousuf took control of the inning. Younis played some magnificent shots, charging down, pulling, cutting and scoring his 2nd ever ODI hundred, which was surprising.... and then Pak's wickets started to fall due to some poor shots, despite which Inzy playing some magnificent shots at the other end.. What should have been a walk in the park begun to look like a close contest.

ultimately Shoaib gave Inzy the support needed to finish off the match in style... Once more Inzy proved he's a great cricketer and a responsible captain. Pak lead the series 2-0 and looking forward to a 4-0 thrashing.

Xavier
September 7, 2006, 06:37 AM
England have lost 12 out of 13 ODIs this year (not counting the one to Ireland) and this has been their 8th defeat in a row!

Sovik
September 7, 2006, 06:34 PM
if bangladesh and zimbabwe were little better, england would have find themselves at the bottom of the ranking. they are at no. 8 now

MarufH
September 8, 2006, 08:10 AM
if bangladesh and zimbabwe were little better, england would have find themselves at the bottom of the ranking. they are at no. 8 now

lol they suck in ODI. and most of their players are from overseas anyway.. :D

Sovik
September 8, 2006, 09:18 AM
<table style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 102, 0);" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><th colspan="2" class="ssubhd" style="background: rgb(0, 102, 0) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; height: 20px;" align="left"> Pakistan: 41/3 (10.1 Ovs) </th> </tr> <tr> <td class="sinf1" style="background: rgb(206, 226, 206) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" align="left" width="60%">M Yousuf</td> <td class="sinf1" style="background: rgb(206, 226, 206) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" align="left" width="40%">5(20)</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sinf1" style="background: rgb(206, 226, 206) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" align="left"> </td> <td class="sinf1" style="background: rgb(206, 226, 206) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" align="left"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 38, 127);" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <th colspan="2" class="ssubhd" style="background: rgb(0, 38, 127) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; height: 20px;" align="left"> England </th> </tr> <tr> <td class="sinf1" style="background: rgb(201, 209, 228) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" align="left" width="60%">J Lewis</td> <td class="sinf1" style="background: rgb(201, 209, 228) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" align="left" width="40%">5-0-16-2</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="sinf1" style="background: rgb(201, 209, 228) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" align="left" width="60%">S Mahmood*</td> <td class="sinf1" style="background: rgb(201, 209, 228) none repeat scroll 0% 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" align="left" width="40%">1.1-0-2-1</td></tr></tbody></table>
afridi lasted nearly 10 overs. and scored 23 off 27

Xavier
September 8, 2006, 11:57 AM
47 runs in the last two overs and Pakistan are back into the game!

. 6 5<SUP>wd</SUP> 4<SUP>lb</SUP> 6 4 1 | 1 6 1<SUP>lb</SUP> 1 6 6

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=605 border=0><TBODY><TR align=right><TD width=8>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD align=left>Abdul Razzaq (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/player/39836.html) (rhb)</TD><TD>75</TD><TD>72</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>104.16</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Target for England is 236.

Tigers_eye
September 8, 2006, 11:58 AM
What an innings by Razzaq.

In last 2 overs 47 runs, 26 and 21 runs conceded. Last four overs 69 runs. ave 17.25 runs. lol. I don't have any ill feelings against Mashrafe anymore for the last over debacle. Pakistan was almost set to post a score below 200. Now the have a fighting total. England's batting will have some pressure.

Miraz
September 8, 2006, 12:15 PM
Awesome hitting by Razzak.

This must be morale damaging for England.

Sovik
September 10, 2006, 09:01 AM
england broke their loosing streak

BangladeshFan
September 10, 2006, 09:35 AM
seems like england will win the 5th odi and then square series

Xavier
September 10, 2006, 10:21 AM
...maybe not. After a good partnership by Pietersen and Collingwood England collapse from 102/4 to 118/7 with Afridi and Razzaq both taking 2 wickets.A thrilling ending for the series!

Xavier
September 10, 2006, 10:57 AM
lol... I was wrong! Yardy and Sajid Mahmood (Pakistan origin...) make a 40 runs partnership to reach the 155 runs target and the series is tied 2-2!

Miraz
September 10, 2006, 10:57 AM
Finally England levels the series. Good fightback by pakistan in defending a small total but wasn't enough to win the match.

Congrats England.