PDA

View Full Version : New ODI record and BD strategy

kalpurush
July 5, 2006, 01:05 AM
News:
Sri Lanka broke the last ODI record of 438 by five runs against Netherlands today.

BD strategy:
Bangladesh could be next to break this record if they start playing more games against ICC Associate members like Canada, Bermuda, Ireland, Netherlands, Scotland and USA. The results would boost our players, therefore, could motivate to play with confident against the full member countries. Bangladesh has plenty of time anyway as they are not busy with FTP.

Your thoughts: ?

Shafi
July 5, 2006, 04:50 AM
At least we can benefit by having match pracitces.

bapzmania
July 5, 2006, 05:50 AM
Players who come to new in this international cricket if they get enough match practice then definitely they will be more confident to play against those establish country and also we don't have to depend on only two or three players at that time they will considered as a key players…….lolz:flag:

battye
July 5, 2006, 06:00 AM
Bangladesh could score 450 against Canada or Bermuda if they were on song :)

Shafin
July 5, 2006, 06:29 AM
Bangladesh could score 450 against Canada or Bermuda if they were on song :)
Aftab and Ashraful,and omission of Golla/Rajin would do that

sadi
July 5, 2006, 07:58 AM
I am happy as long as other teams don't score that against us... really more than anything, we need consistancy... we don't need to score 450 against some associate team and then go out the next day and get out before 100 against international teams...

Sovik
July 5, 2006, 08:02 AM
i will be happy with the wins against associate countries, not the records.

Rabz
July 5, 2006, 08:27 AM
i dont think we hv the battin strength to score even 350... against ANY team...
let alone breaking world record...

i'll be happy with just a win as well...
and as long we r NOT on the receiving end of any records...

ahms
July 5, 2006, 08:40 AM
That's not true Mr. Sydney. Ashraful alone score 202 in 45 over range. Shahriar Nafees, Aftab,Rajin and Alok-----they do have good striking rate. I will be happy to see BD reaching 400 marks in ODIagainst any team in the world.

istiak
July 5, 2006, 09:19 AM
That's not true Mr. Sydney. Ashraful alone score 202 in 45 over range. Shahriar Nafees, Aftab,Rajin and Alok-----they do have good striking rate. I will be happy to see BD reaching 400 marks in ODIagainst any team in the world.

You better understand the quality of player Ash is playing against??

Its a bit daydreaming for us as our highest ODI record is 301.........and we hardly ever surpussed 250. Guys come back to earth ..if we can win consistently against these assiciate members i am happy.

cricman
July 5, 2006, 10:03 AM
Someone from Holland is a little Testy? If we Can Chase 250 v Australia, Give Australia the second biggest beat down in it's history at 355-5. Ans our A team scored 270+ against County Squads

ICC made a Big mistake putting us vs Canada and Bermuda prior to the WC.

Tigers_eye
July 5, 2006, 10:29 AM
...Its a bit daydreaming for us as our highest ODI record is 301.........and we hardly ever surpussed 250. Guys come back to earth ..if we can win consistently against these assiciate members i am happy.
I am with you istiak bhai.

I am building a ladder for all you guys who are still floating in the outer space. Making sure, you guys return to earth safely. Alternately co-ordinate your opposite hand and feet and take one step at a time. Failing to implement instruction may become fatal. 400+ lol, ganja'r taan bhaloi choltasey ekhaney.

Miraz
July 5, 2006, 11:51 AM
For a team like Bangladesh, breaking records or scoring 400+ runs should be the least priority. Now we should concentrate on winnings matches regardless of the margin and opposition.

In any day I prefer to see BD scores 220 and wins the match marginally against test playing nations rather than scoring 300+ - 400+ (which is quite far away right at the moment) against associate countries and winning by huge margin.

Sovik
July 5, 2006, 12:36 PM
we are talking about 400+ where our team don't cross 200+ in regular basis. i am just happy with the win at this point

kalpurush
July 5, 2006, 02:34 PM
Currently most of the full member countries are busy with FTP and their own business with the cricket giants (i.e. India prefers to play against Australia or Pakistan) to make more money. Some country even don't bother to honour the ICC scheduled tour to host us as they could make less money by inviting us! I agree with Shafi and others that playing against associate members country would be beneficiary for us thats for sure. Also it could help us to build high confidence thus would genetare a winning spree and therefore consistancy. In these process there might be a record or two too who knows!!

nasifkhan
July 5, 2006, 04:29 PM
Aftab and Ashraful,and omission of Golla/Rajin would do that

The team which cant score 200 runs regularly, you are expecting 400 from them..

Bangladesh will never ever will score 400 runs in an ODI.

Hatebreed
July 5, 2006, 04:40 PM
lol..

BD should concentrate on not conceding this amount of runs and try to score 200-250+ regularly and win.

May be I'll dream off 300+ against the likes of Kenya..

Zaheed Mahmood
July 5, 2006, 07:18 PM
I will also put my vote of confidence in BD learning to handle the big boys well rather then drubbing the associate minnows because getting competitive with test playing nations (not only Zim) is what counts in testing the quality!! And it's high time we put all possible effort in achieving that before another Ehsan Mani stands up and starts wailing for conferring the status!!
Zaheed

Zaheed Mahmood
July 5, 2006, 07:18 PM
I will also put my vote of confidence in BD learning to handle the big boys well rather then drubbing the associate minnows because getting competitive with test playing nations (not only Zim) is what counts in testing the quality!! And it's high time we put all possible effort in achieving that before another Ehsan Mani stands up and starts wailing for conferring the status!!
Zaheed

SMHasan
July 5, 2006, 08:24 PM
The team which cant score 200 runs regularly, you are expecting 400 from them..

Bangladesh will never ever will score 400 runs in an ODI.

Your thoughts don't go with your sig my friend! I can't agree with you.First of all you made a mistake in your sentence by putting the word 'will' two times. How can you predict that BD will never score 400? You never know what future holds for you or for Bangladesh. I belive in future we will have strong and brave players who will be able to do that.

At present I will be very happy if we can perform consistently. We need to learn lot of things. Just think about the Australia series we just could not getting singles easily in the odi's where as single runs are really important in one day. Habibul and Rajin were struggling to get runs in one one dayer, they couldn't manage to rotate the strikes. We need to learn how to rotate the strikes. Then once we can score 300+ frequently we can hope for something big.

The future is bright my friend.

Baundule
July 6, 2006, 04:07 AM
News:
Bangladesh could be next to break this record if they start playing more games against ICC Associate members like Canada, Bermuda, Ireland, Netherlands, Scotland and USA. The results would boost our players, therefore, could motivate to play with confident against the full member countries. Bangladesh has plenty of time anyway as they are not busy with FTP.

I am sure BD will lose at least 30% of these matches let alone scoring 450.

layperson
July 6, 2006, 06:59 AM
News:
Sri Lanka broke the last ODI record of 438 by five runs against Netherlands today.

BD strategy:

My thought is that the winters of winnipeg are taking a toll on you. I am amazed by the unreal optimism that some of the posters have shown by even thinking that Bangladesh can score 400 in an ODI:eek: :eek: . Maybe in the distant future but definitely not with the current team or even with the team coming next to replace the older players !!! I would be happy if bangladesh win against the weaker teams on a regular basis and start showing consistency in winning against the giants.

nasifkhan
July 6, 2006, 10:14 AM
Your thoughts don't go with your sig my friend! I can't agree with you.First of all you made a mistake in your sentence by putting the word 'will' two times. How can you predict that BD will never score 400? You never know what future holds for you or for Bangladesh. I belive in future we will have strong and brave players who will be able to do that.

At present I will be very happy if we can perform consistently. We need to learn lot of things. Just think about the Australia series we just could not getting singles easily in the odi's where as single runs are really important in one day. Habibul and Rajin were struggling to get runs in one one dayer, they couldn't manage to rotate the strikes. We need to learn how to rotate the strikes. Then once we can score 300+ frequently we can hope for something big.

The future is bright my friend.
Bhai ekta kotha boli.....aami goto 15 bosor jabot BD cricket regularly follow kori.... and bohu assha amio kori .... kintu emon kono asha kori na jeta obastob....
at least Bd cricket e emon kono players ber hoye ashe na....jara 400 runs korte parbe.... future reo ashe kine amar doubt ase .... er manay ei na je ..BD cricket er future khubi karap..... 400 runs korata amar mone hoi na je khub proud feel korar moto ..like world champion howar moto.....amar mone hoi ...match regularly jita ta important....je khanay test status niye ekhono amader ke question kore shekhane 400 runs ken ... aro beshi run korleo kono lab hobe kina shondeho.....

And future je bright ...eta amio jani... and that was one of the reason ICC gave BD the test status....but BD will never score 400 runs in an ODI (..."will" kintu ekbar use korsi...please check. :) )......eta sure thaken.......

kalpurush
July 6, 2006, 11:20 PM
shahriyar : Much thanks for your comment. Yes, you might be right! It's too cold here in Winnipeg in winter!! I might be optimistic, but you are a pessimist thats for sure. I know it's lonely at Peterborough as there is a small portion of Bangladeshi live there. Therefore, I don't blame you at all. Cheers my friend. Be happy...be optimistic. All the best.

fwullah
July 7, 2006, 06:59 AM
In 20 years of International cricket, Bangladesh have managed to get past 300 only once against Kenya, and even that was a surprise after some poor batting display during the middle of the innings, although it was quite apparent that Kenya was the least established team among the two; then how can we expect to get us past 400 in the near future?

Tigers_eye
July 7, 2006, 09:13 AM
400 is possible. 100 singles, 100 dot balls, 50 2's, 50 4's. There is your 400 without loss. But our current team at this time can't. In the near future may be not. In the future future, sure why not?

Yes, we only crossed once 300. but you must look at the opponents strength, pitches that we played against. Jayasuriya already has over 10000 runs. we don't have anyone with that much of experience. Let us have someone half of that first, then we can certainly dream of scoring 400 runs. :)

By the way, India, pakistan, England, NZ and WI are yet to score 400. Let them get the honors first. We will get there when it is our time.

babubangla
July 7, 2006, 12:47 PM
Here is a simple chart of the Number of ODI Played by the test teams and the number of 300+ innings scored.

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=7 width=379 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD width="30%">Team
</TD><TD width="22%">Total ODI Innings
</TD><TD width="25%">300+ Runs Innings
</TD><TD width="22%">Percentage
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="30%">South Africa
</TD><TD width="22%">355
</TD><TD width="25%">26
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">7.32
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="30%">Australia
</TD><TD width="22%">625
</TD><TD width="25%">41
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">6.56
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="30%">Pakistan
</TD><TD width="22%">636
</TD><TD width="25%">38
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">5.97
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="30%">India
</TD><TD width="22%">623
</TD><TD width="25%">34
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">5.46
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="30%">Sri Lanka
</TD><TD width="22%">501
</TD><TD width="25%">19
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">3.79
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="30%">West Indies
</TD><TD width="22%">539
</TD><TD width="25%">20
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">3.71
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="30%">Zimbabwe
</TD><TD width="22%">298
</TD><TD width="25%">11
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">3.69
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="30%">England
</TD><TD width="22%">440
</TD><TD width="25%">16
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">3.64
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="30%">New Zealand
</TD><TD width="22%">497
</TD><TD width="25%">15
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">3.02
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="30%">Bangladesh
</TD><TD width="22%">125
</TD><TD width="25%">1
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">0.80
</TD></TR><TR><TD width="30%">Total
</TD><TD width="22%">4639
</TD><TD width="25%">221
</TD><TD width="22%">4.76
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Australia leads the table by number: Aussies scored 300+ runs 41 times in their 625 ODI. But by percentage of 300+ innings, South Africa is the real leader. 7.32 % of their innings was 300+.

The 10 test teams in total played 4639 ODI and they posted 300+ runs innings 221 times. Bangladesh's 300+ scoring ability is almost 1%. Compare to the 4.7% global percentage, that's not bad !!

Tigers_eye
July 7, 2006, 03:05 PM
After the World cup we will be sitting on 6 300+ games in 150 innings. That would be 4% well above 5 test playing nations.

al Furqaan
July 7, 2006, 10:22 PM
After the World cup we will be sitting on 6 300+ games in 150 innings. That would be 4% well above 5 test playing nations.

but none of them against test grade opposition. i will be happy if we can punish the WI and Lankan bowling in the CT in 3 months...in addition to scoring 300 at least twice in 8 innings in Africa.

all matches against associates should have a RR above 6, so that if batting first, we rack up 300.

kalpurush
July 7, 2006, 11:15 PM
Cats_eye and babubangla: Nice job with the number games! Impeccable timing!! It's not impossible, eh?!!!

Miraz
July 8, 2006, 05:03 AM
Bangladesh is playing ODI for 20 years but Bangladesh is competing in ODI's in last two years.

Bangladesh batting average in last 20 ODI's is 25.9
On the other hand Bangladesh's batting average is previous 105 ODI's it is 19.7

In last 30 ODI's batting average is 25.7
Previous 95 ODI batting average is 19.3

It clearly shows the progress of ODI team in last 2-3 year. So, don't compare BD strength in 20 year scale.

In my opinion Bangladesh will be regularly scoring 250-300+ score in coming years regardless of opposition.

layperson
July 8, 2006, 05:42 AM
shahriyar : Much thanks for your comment. Yes, you might be right! It's too cold here in Winnipeg in winter!! I might be optimistic, but you are a pessimist thats for sure. I know it's lonely at Peterborough as there is a small portion of Bangladeshi live there. Therefore, I don't blame you at all. Cheers my friend. Be happy...be optimistic. All the best.

I dont think I am pessimistic but I am grounded and hence I dont harbour unrealistic expectations from the Bangladesh team. I am not at all lonely in Peterborough. There are scores of friends from other race and nationality as well as a few bangalis. Just because number of Bangladeshis is lesss doesnt mean you are lonely !!!! dont you mix with ppl from other nationality ?? Moreover I cant seem to find the connection between being lonely and being pessimistic, maybe I am not as clever as other bangalis. Anyways my first post wasnt meant to offend you but if you were then I apologize. Take it easy. And hope to see more such "optimistic" views from you otherwise without any cricket from the Bangladeshi team makes it a boring time. One other thing is some people havetalked about scoring 300 more often and although I dont see this happening often with the current bangladeshi team It is more realistic than 400 which in my opinion was outrageous. I would be happy if the Bangladeshi team proves me wrong.

kalpurush
July 9, 2006, 03:36 AM
Dear shahriyar: I just put an idea for BD as we are not that busy untill World Cup 2007. If we play against the Associate Member Countries, there might be a possibility to score big. It might happen or not. If it does, we would be boosted big time. We are a competitive team in ODI now. Don't we? I didn't meant to offend you either. I guess I was a bit emotional! Yes, you are right about lonelyness!! Somebody could be lonely /optimistic regardless where s/he is. Please let me clear that I respect your views and like you, I would be happy too if our players perform well and earns some glory for our country. Cheers-

kfirooz
July 10, 2006, 02:11 AM
All what Bangladesh need now are some victories against bigger teams , that too should come regularly. The fans harboring unrealistic expectations right now, like scoring over 400 must understand that Bangaladesh has made a very slow progress even in ODI arena, not only in tests. 20 years is a long time and Bangladesh could have had a better record than 15 wins in 125 matches, that too coming against weaker sides, including a 4-0 drubbing of a faded-out Kenya recently. Expecting this team to go into space even before they could climb the roof is unwise and could only hamper its progress.

Rabz
July 10, 2006, 03:43 AM
BD national team couldnt score 400 even if they play in Para cricket ...
they r just not mentally strong enough to carry on a big innings...

rather concentrate on winning the matches than tryin to break world record and getting out for cheap in the process..

6alltheway
July 12, 2006, 05:22 PM
Good idea and ive said this all long but no-one ever agreed.

But i disagree with one thing though, breaking ODI record?..lolzz i dont think so.