PDA

View Full Version : Kenya squad named

battye
July 5, 2006, 05:39 AM
Sorry if this has already been posted. I've had a look and couldn't find it so...

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/kenyavbdesh/content/story/252365.html

Kenya name training squad AFP
July 4, 2006
Kenya has named a 27-man squad to start training for the one-day series against Bangladesh later this month.
The selection came after several leading players criticised the cricket authority for not putting in place a proper training programme ahead of the three matches scheduled for the Nairobi Gymkhana club on July 19, 22 and 23.

Steve Tikolo, Thomas Odoyo, Tony Suji, Peter Ongondo, Collins Obuya.. the only real big names. Bangladesh should take the series 3-0 in my opinion.

israr
July 5, 2006, 08:19 AM
whatever it is, we'll win it 3-0

Rabz
July 5, 2006, 08:29 AM
anything less than a complete whitewash would be just unacceptable.
period.

rudro
July 5, 2006, 08:38 AM
Steve Tikolo, Thomas Odoyo, Tony Suji, Peter Ongondo, Collins Obuya.. the only real big names. Bangladesh should take the series 3-0 in my opinion.
You missed Hitesh Modi..

Sovik
July 5, 2006, 12:41 PM
steve tikolo can win a game for kenya anyday, so we should not take it so easy. it will be another tough tour for us

kalpurush
July 5, 2006, 07:21 PM
We should take one match at a time, plan ahead and execute accordingly. As said by sovic, we should not take Kenya lightly. You know, they are playing in their own backyeard and try their best to get the result in their side. There is no place for complacency in this tour at all.

cricketboy
July 5, 2006, 11:18 PM
I agree with Sovik bhai that we should not take Kenya lightly. Remember the 3rd ODI in Fatullah when we collapsed and Kenya was very much in the race to win upto Tikolo's dismissal in the 21st over by Razzak. Now we dont even have Razzak which is so sad, considering Kenya's pitches are slow.

Sovik
July 6, 2006, 07:47 AM
Kenya has few good players tikolo, odoyo, hitesh modi. and the condition will be on their side. our players should take kenya seriously otherwise we might loose some matches. and we have few batsman who can easily give their wickets away

akabir77
July 6, 2006, 08:10 AM
I think its not going to be a walk in the park. BD never plays good in Africa. remember WC 2003 and ICC qualify. And top of that who knows what level of umpairs will be there? may be both will be from Kenya...
On top of that there r some good players like mishra and old tikolo is there too.. let see what happens....

Hatebreed
July 6, 2006, 08:23 AM
BD should take Kenya seriously, especially players like Tikolo, Modi and Mishra. Anything less than a whitewash will be unacceptable.

Sovik
July 6, 2006, 08:32 AM
we want good performance from our bowlers and batsmen. & disapointed to see javed omar again

AsifTheManRahman
July 6, 2006, 01:33 PM
no Ravindu Shah? whatever happened to him? he was by far the most solid opener among the associate/odi squads when i last checked.

sadi
July 6, 2006, 01:49 PM
no Ravindu Shah? whatever happened to him? he was by far the most solid opener among the associate/odi squads when i last checked.

I think his career was shortened because of some injury

nightwatchman
July 6, 2006, 11:01 PM
Bangladesh will have hard time in Kenya as we all know that they have home court advantage... also not only do they have that but also they have the advantage of playing in a high altitude area which our boys are not used to ...we should make our condtion camp in Nepal or something....
I remeber how our players suffered (short of breath?nose bleeding) during the last tour....
So I hope our players do not get cocky and get aclamatised with the condition in Kenya...otherwise it would be another humiliation...
Good Luck