PDA

View Full Version : Bd Vs Pak, 1st Test

Ehsan
August 19, 2003, 06:47 PM
We are just couple of our hours away from the start of the First Test. Lets keep our expectations high and see if we can manage a draw or win.
Post about the all the live actions here.

The Links were previosly posted by chinaman, here it is again.

Cricinfo (http://www-usa.cricket.org/link_to_database/NEW/LIVE/frames/BDESH_PAK_T1_20-24AUG2003.html)

Upal
August 19, 2003, 07:44 PM
still 4 hourz away...grrrrrrrrr

Zobair
August 19, 2003, 11:37 PM
can't wait any longer...the excitement is boiling over :D in anticipation of a famous win ....heheh...where is Doorbin bhai?! You said there will be a win if not in AUs then in Pak! Will it be in the first test?!?!

Ehsan
August 19, 2003, 11:48 PM
I understand it pomp bhai, I have the same feelings ....can't wait any longer.

sheshprohor
August 19, 2003, 11:57 PM
Paki won the toss..elected to field first :(

prohor

Nasif
August 19, 2003, 11:58 PM
Shalar toss amra jitey paari na, khela ar ki jitbo

sheshprohor
August 20, 2003, 12:02 AM
only good thing if Paki got tired and giving away their wickets...........

prohor

fab
August 20, 2003, 12:05 AM
haha nasif. i was thinking the exact same thing.

Oh well, lets see what Mr Sarkar and Mr Omar can do..

Nasif
August 20, 2003, 12:11 AM
7 runs in first over 0 runs in next, not bad, lets keep it up :)

fab
August 20, 2003, 12:25 AM
grrrrrr Omar out :(

Upal
August 20, 2003, 12:26 AM
damnit...c'mon bashar and hannan!

Upal
August 20, 2003, 12:27 AM
gotta luv bashar and hannan...both start their account with 4's.

Mahmood
August 20, 2003, 12:31 AM
There are 9 people in the chat now. Join us to enjoy the match together.

Go to the main page and click on chat on the top right corner.

Mahmood
August 20, 2003, 12:41 AM
Now we got 13 users...and Bashar is on fire.... what a party!

Join in.

say
August 20, 2003, 01:23 AM
it is 2 in the morning here.. will go to bed after Mr. Fifty prooves me wrong by reaching 100.

Sumon tumi egiay cholo..

James90
August 20, 2003, 02:05 AM
Great session by BD.....but i missed it all
Followed the last over before lunch on cricinfo

DOORBIN
August 20, 2003, 02:20 AM
Morning shows the day
Remember what I say

One win this time, for sure

ONE WIN WILL BE DONE
IN PAKISTAN

James90
August 20, 2003, 02:42 AM
Back from lunch now, 100 up

[Edited on 20-8-2003 by Habibul_fan]

fwullah
August 20, 2003, 02:52 AM
Good morning to everybody, didn't expect to see such a good performance on the first test, first day and/or first morning. :)

fwullah
August 20, 2003, 02:55 AM
62 is Habibul Bashar's top score against Pakistan. Previous one was 56*.

fwullah
August 20, 2003, 03:03 AM
Both Hannan and Bashar was dropped once, good luck to them so that they can capitalize on these dropped chances.

Current Partnership of 109 runs is the highest for Bangladesh against Pakistan on any wicket as well as for the 2nd wicket. Previous highest partnership for any wicket was 69 between Habibul Bashar and Sanwar Hossain (for the 5th wicket as well). And the previous highest 2nd wicket partnership was of 36 runs between Javed Omar and Mehrab Hossain.

James90
August 20, 2003, 03:08 AM
Sarker gone for 41 :( so begins the Bangladeshi collapse

fwullah
August 20, 2003, 03:10 AM
It says that Sanwar is the new batsman. Hope Bashar stays at the wicket for a LONG while.

The last wicket partnership was of 123 runs - highest partnership.

fwullah
August 20, 2003, 03:11 AM
Did Khaled Mahmud came into bat at 4?!?:o

fwullah
August 20, 2003, 03:13 AM
Well then, the collapse begins - Habibul gone for 71.

Habibul Bashar c Mohammad Hafeez b Shoaib Akhtar 71 (72b 12x4 0x6) SR: 98.61

Nazim Shirazi
August 20, 2003, 03:14 AM
Great partnership by Sarkar and Bashar. We need the middle order to carry on the good work by rotating the strike.

I think we should expect a high scoring test match as usual in Karachi. We have played one session only and have a long, long way to go in this test match.

It is extremely important to build another decent partnership particularly after the fall of a wicket. This session is clearly in our favor. I am sure they will strike soon or later. That is when we have to fight back and play our heart out.

A draw is possible if we can continue to have major partnerships followed by aggresive and accurate bowling when we field.

Mahmud's hanling of the bowlers and his field placement will be vital along with some intense fielding by the fielders.

The Australian tour and the confidence built by a shrewd and sincere coach will go a long way for our cricket. Whatmore is an excellent coach and his effort to install self confidence and self belief is the key to our young players. If our players are able to conceive and believe the ideas and guidance of Whatmore, then we can achieve our goal.

The greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.

I wish our team the very best and pray for their success.

Nazim Shirazi.

fwullah
August 20, 2003, 03:14 AM
Its now upto the others to prove themselves.

blink
August 20, 2003, 03:16 AM
what is sujon doing batting at 4

fwullah
August 20, 2003, 03:18 AM
It is Sanwar and Rajin. Rajin just scored his first Test Runs.

Sujon did not come into bat at 4.

Mahmood
August 20, 2003, 03:22 AM
blink, fwullah, rafiq & james, join us in the chat.

rafiq
August 20, 2003, 03:27 AM
Until I woke up. AT that moment we lost the obligatory 2 wickets. Sorry. I will return to be now.

Nazem, nice to see you again, yup, there is more confidence for sure. Small steps...

fwullah
August 20, 2003, 03:32 AM
BD 137/3 (34 overs) - going past the lowest test innings of 134 all out in Multan.

Nazim Shirazi
August 20, 2003, 03:41 AM
Hey Rafiq,

I do visit the board time to time and have fun by reading the comments and the discussions on our cricket.

Could not go to sleep after having a dream start in this test match. It is 1:40 A.M. in LA. I will probably hang in for another hour. Got to go to work early morning.

146 for 3 is not a bad start. Test match is all about sessions and more importantly, who dominates most of those sessions.

James90
August 20, 2003, 03:43 AM
Sanwar out swinging across the line :mad:

fwullah
August 20, 2003, 03:46 AM
35.6 Shoaib Akhtar to Sanwar Hossain, OUT: fuller ball on middle and
leg, tries to play across the line, misses the ball, hit on pads
in front of middle and leg, hudge appeal for lbw, Bucknor takes
his time and raises his finger up

Chchanowar, Janowar, OUT :mad: - when will this guy learn?!?

fwullah
August 20, 2003, 03:48 AM
I hope Dave talks to him and sees the real reason behind his failure in batting and then eventually drops him from the final eleven of any test or one day squad of Bangladesh - just like he did to Ashraful.

blink
August 20, 2003, 03:49 AM
This is turning into a disaster. We can't throw away this brilliant start. Maybe Alok will get us back on track

blink
August 20, 2003, 03:52 AM
No way, i rate sanwar.

i think he is improving, unlike ash, and he is also a good bowler and fielder.

He showed signs in Aus with 46 in the test and 27 in the ODI. OK, he only made 15, but it is sounds like he had some good shots. Anyway, Golla should be dropped before Sanwar.

fwullah
August 20, 2003, 04:06 AM
I am disappointed that 4 wickets have gone to get past the previous highest team total of 160 runs, but upto now, I am more or less satisfied that it is our best performance with the bat so far vs Pakistan.

James90
August 20, 2003, 04:09 AM
They're taking Kaneria to the cleaners :D

fwullah
August 20, 2003, 04:23 AM
I am not so sure. Kapali usually gets out to spinners.

fwullah
August 20, 2003, 04:31 AM
47.6 Danish Kaneria to Rajin Saleh, OUT: GONE! tossed up well, Rajin
Saleh goes for the big hit, leading edge went high up in the air,
Gul under it and takes his first catch in test cricket at mid on

Why can't our youngsters stop themselves from going for big hits?

fwullah
August 20, 2003, 05:43 AM
Now I am happy. :D

fwullah
August 20, 2003, 06:25 AM
71.2 Danish Kaneria to Alok Kapali, OUT: tosses up, tries to drive it
over extra cover, beaten by spin and flight, spons it to mid off
Shabbir Ahmed takes a simple catch

I wasn't expecting Kapali to score so many runs, but well done. It was his first match - one day or test against Pakistan.

Now lets see if our captain and the tail enders can stay at the wicket today - still 18.4 overs remaining of the day.

fwullah
August 20, 2003, 06:39 AM
Kaneria's Test career is going great - with help from our batsman.

75.1 Danish Kaneria to Khaled Mahmud, OUT: GONE! toses up, get some
sharp turn, tries to defend on the front foot, takes the outer
edge and well taken by Yasir Hameed in the slip

fwullah
August 20, 2003, 06:44 AM
Another collapse underway.

76.1 Umar Gul to Khaled Mashud, OUT: good inswinger, tries to play
across the line, hit on pads, infront of stumps, hudge appeal for
lbw, umpire finger goes up

Wasim
August 20, 2003, 10:12 AM
Hey Guys
Well played by Bangla Batsmen and i m not really surprised that they scored 278 considering their performance in Aus and very unexpereiencede Pakistani bowling attack.
I predicted 4 guys to perform well on this tour and i m delighted that my prediction proved very much accurate. I predicted 4 players to perform well on this tour:

Habibul Bashar: scored 70+

Alok Kapali:Scored 45+

Rajin Slaeh: scored 20+(not bad for a debutant)

Mashrafe: His time will come tomorrow.

Let's see how we go tomorrow.

Arnab
August 20, 2003, 11:01 AM
Well, Hannan has been performing very well as well. Three consecutive 40+ scores.

And Wasim, call us "Bangalis"/"Bangladeshis" from now on.

Ehsan
August 20, 2003, 11:09 AM
My prediction is on the top, I have told you guys that 250+ was coming up. But 278 for 9...awww. We could have got into 278 when when we were 6 or 7, Unless some stupid threw their wicket (Sanwar, Rajin.....when will our batsmen will learn to take responsibilities). Can't stop asking Allah more and more. Yeh Dil Mange more ...:D

Should the Pakistan batting get an advantage by batting second or our spinners get the favor?

Upal
August 20, 2003, 11:20 AM
Hopefully there's still some green left for Mashrafee and Tapash to work with. If we can limit Pakistan to 350...we have a shot in this game.

Zobair
August 20, 2003, 11:28 AM
The key is to keep it tight and not drop catches! Inshallah we shall overcome!

deshitrader
August 20, 2003, 11:59 AM
10th wicket 100 run partnership coming up

oracle
August 20, 2003, 12:08 PM
Totally missed tracking this game last night and only managed to check the scoreboard at 9am today. So it seems that the Shaoib Akhtar shock and awe didn't work. Expected the usual collapse at middle order but am thrilled to see Kapali doing a double figure. I sense that after the last ODI in AUS this guy has started to get his act together.
Keeping my fingers crossed for Rafiq tomorrow cause he really deserves a break and a permanent place in BD 11.

nasifkhan
August 20, 2003, 02:05 PM
Bangladesh would have been in a more better position if some of the players didnt play that kind of rash stroke.

Rajin Saleh looked good....played some good cover drives..... and was playing Kaneria confidently.....

but i dont know why he played that FALTU shot in that time.......

Kapali was excellent....i think better than Bashar..... some of the strokes were class shots.

But again lapse of concentration gifted his wicket to the paki bowlers.

I think more credit should go the bangladesh batsman rather than the pakistani bowlers for the wickets.

muddaser
August 20, 2003, 06:46 PM
if you watched the match full you'll notice that bangladesh gifted most of their wickets. They could have been in a much better position if it wasnt for some careless battings.

Anyways i believe pakistan are missing sami in their bowling attack.

None of the bangladeshi batsmen seemed to struggle against the bowling

Ehsan
August 20, 2003, 07:01 PM
Muddaser, a warm welcome to the board. You joined us at the right moment.

Are you a Pakistani? Just wondering....

I know most of our useless batsmen threw away their wicket, they got to celeberate & and tried for some show off....losers.

Tehsin
August 20, 2003, 09:12 PM
Ehsan ... 278 actually makes our batsmen useless (but I do know what you mean)... The only thing good about it was that they made themselves useful before making those mistakes and you can't really drop old habits overnight.

I think the players are more centered after the Australian tour. The belief is there, all they need to do is apply themselves consistently.

Ehsan
August 20, 2003, 09:42 PM
Well Tehsin bhai I really had to take my anger out for those lose shots.

I was really happy the way Hannan and Bashar were playing then suddenly my dream of scoring 350+ was crushed when they our batsman made those silly shots.......grrr

deshitrader
August 20, 2003, 10:15 PM
Ehsan,

Easy boy. Yes, it is disappointing when they squander such great starts, but let's try to show a little bit of respect...especially after a performance that is not too bad on an absolute scale. It is not easy out there. Our players are representing Bangladesh as best as they are able on any given day. They are not yet where we want them to be, but inshAllah they are moving in the right direction. :)

I realize you are probably just venting a little bit, but I just thought I'd point out the context...after all, we wouldn't want some player who put in a great deal of hard work to feel discouraged. :)

muddaser
August 21, 2003, 07:46 AM
yes i am a pakistani.

what i believe is if bangladesh had batted with more sense they could made around 350. half of them gave their wicket away.

a few more test series against top teams and bangladesh will be as good as zimbabwe.

as for pakistan, no-one but yasir hameed batted well. if it werent for him pakistan would be struggling.

oracle
August 21, 2003, 07:58 AM
Although i feel bad today looking at the scorecard, let's take our hats off for Yasir Hameed. To score a century in a test debut is no mean feat whoever the opponents are. I just wish our own ashraful and Kapali could emulate the same feat. However, I am excited about Rajin Saleh. Way to go!!

muddaser
August 21, 2003, 08:11 AM
Yasir hameed batted really well today and with a little more sense he could have got a double century.

saleh looks a very good player and only 19 years old. he has a great future again of him.

also watch out for saeed bin nasir.

Zobair
August 21, 2003, 08:56 AM
looks like Saleh has made quite an impression :) SO he were to become a permanent fixture ont his team who will ash replace if he makes a return?

Potential people who may be replaced:

Khaled Mahmud (post-tour unless he shows a remarkable improvement)
Javed Omar (has an innings or three to redeem himself I guess)
Sanuar (if rajin's Off-spin makes his skills redundant and his batting performance doesn't improve)

Wasim
August 21, 2003, 09:21 AM
Pakistan and Bangladesh share the honours on the 2nd day of ist test match in Karachi:).
Bangladesh: Bowled reasonably well to get rid of Hafeez cheaply and then Getting Taufeeq out just on time and then getting the mos dangerous man out for duck which was a big boost in their confidence but theur next excitement came after a big partenership between Youhanna and Yasir Hameed.All of the top bowlers balling pretty well except Khaled Mahmud whom i don't even consider a bowler and sooner he is replaced by a youngster better for Bangladesh. Although Bangladeshi attack did not look too dangerous but they kept the scaores tidy and thye can only hope that thye can put the brakes on Latif and finish off the tail cheaply to take control of the match.

Pakistan: Yasir Hameed with the best debut innings ever by a Pakistani lead the way and single handedly stole the show and helped Pakistan putting a reasonable score on the board and had he not batted positively Pakistanis were in GREAT trouble and an upset would have been closer but Pakistani camp must be relieved after watching their youngster performing so well and saving pakistan from humiliation.Taufeeq had a start but yet again failed to go on to make respectable score.Much more was expcted from Inzamam and Youhanna but Inzamam went for Duck which must have shattered his confidence after coming back in the team.Youhanna should have done better than that but he did support young Yasir on the other side who kept attacking Bangladesh bowlers hitting 25 fours in his 170.Much depends on Rashid and Misbah to take reasonable lead and score enough runs to put pressure on Bangladeshi batsman when they play second time.
Overall match could go either way and any team can win the match with solid performance.Good luck to both of them.:)