PDA

View Full Version : Crowe's remark about our test status

istiak
July 13, 2006, 04:12 AM
Martin Crow's remark about our test status:

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/253177.html

mac
July 13, 2006, 04:22 AM
He is surely not following the recent tests. BD is playing good and let me remind him that we have done much much better than NZ in the last U-19 WC. So, NZ will be a tasty meal for BD in the near future.:flag:

Rabz
July 13, 2006, 07:15 AM
kauwa kaka kore??

so what ?? we cant keep on jumping around our seat everytime someone makes a remark about our eligibility...
pache loke onek kothai bole bhai...

its called make hay while the sun shines..
cuz these ppl know in about 5-10 yrs.. they will be running into rabbit holes everytime they'll think of playing against us...
so they r just making the most of it, while they can, when they can...

plus the guy is a has-been and off-the-limelight for long long time ...
let him enjoy his moment...it wud fade away soon...

Promiti
July 13, 2006, 07:24 AM
okay people calm down its not that bad!!!!

Promiti
July 13, 2006, 07:30 AM
sydney you have a point people really needs to stop making bad remarks towards our eligibility i mean come on people all good to come true takes time!!!!

thebest
July 13, 2006, 07:49 AM
Let me the first to welcome you in BC. But sister (assuming from your avatar and choice of color) could you change the color it is hard to read.

Rabz
July 13, 2006, 07:49 AM
welcome aboad Promiti, hope u'll enjoy ur stay here on BC

on a different note, im not quite sure if we can use colour fonts .... u may hv to check with the admins..

Sovik
July 13, 2006, 09:01 AM
from cricinfo
Crowe won two out the 16 Tests that he captained, losing and drawing seven each. The two victories came against Zimbabwe and Australia in 1992-93.
his captaincy wasn't that impressive, if it wasn't for zimbabwe he would have to happy with 1 win

gatekeeper
July 13, 2006, 09:15 AM
Bottom line.."we must perform". You will never shut these people up unless our team performs. Let him (or anyone else) say whatever he wants to and let that be our motivation.

istiak
July 13, 2006, 09:27 AM
Martin Crow was one of my all time favorite but he lost his place by talking this non-sence

Rubu
July 13, 2006, 09:34 AM
Bashing bd test status is a fasion now. but we can just ignore them. who cares. we are here to play and stay, so suck up and learn to live with it. but what suprised me is that it came from a New Zealander. wow! have they forgotten their own record?

istiak
July 13, 2006, 09:52 AM
See the response from ICC on Crow's remarks

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/253403.html

Sovik
July 13, 2006, 10:01 AM
David Richardson's comments "Bangladesh has taken time to adjust to the demands of Test cricket but that mirrors the experience of every side that has stepped up to the top level. "Bangladesh is a cricket-crazy country and has shown encouraging signs of development and, given time, we fully expect it to become more and more competitive at Test level. Zimbabwe has already stepped back from its Test commitments to allow itself time to regroup and we are keen to help it in that process in any way we can."

Omio
July 13, 2006, 10:43 AM
The people doesnt have any job, they will b comment for that,
but we shudnt bother for that,
we hav to go ahead,

Tigers_eye
July 13, 2006, 11:11 AM
"Bangladesh have played a staggering 44 Tests, for one win, over just six years - they simply aren't going to make it."

It is hard to swallow something like this coming from a New Zealander. Does he not know his country's history? How many years did it take them to get their 1st win? Can anyone question that to Mr. Crowe.

sadi
July 13, 2006, 11:18 AM
he is just making a fool out of himself commenting about Bangladesh when his own country used to suck for the first 20 years (still does)

layperson
July 13, 2006, 11:54 AM
Well the way I see it , Mr Crowe being the Has-been and probably out of work at the moment wanted to enjoy his 15 minutes of fame,which is why he just decided to say something that would catch the attention and maybe get himself in the news again. What better way to attract attention than bash the minnows. So let him shout and if we stop giving him limelight he will understand that he is just another mad man shouting from the rooftop. And my first step towards that would be that I am not going to comment on this issue anymore.

kfirooz
July 13, 2006, 03:10 PM
Well, the manner in which the comments were made may have been heartbreaking to some. But, it is a fact that Bangladesh is losing despite the level of backing and sponsorship and the number of matches given unlike the case with many other teams which won test status decades earlier.
Bangladesh has been fortunate in this respect and it is everybody's hope that they will make full use of it.
There is no point criticizing those people making comments, the only answer is performance and to do it silently makes a bigger impact.
Perform, then the critics will start singing your praise overnight.

akabir77
July 13, 2006, 05:46 PM
I guess he misses all the bashing that newzealand use to get that we r getting when they were at the bottom .. oh no wait they r not much higher either... I guess in coming years we will see Bangladeshi captain banging on Malaysia or nepal...
So who cares about crow most of the records r against them so he should be happy one or two r getting rewritten...

nkhan
July 13, 2006, 07:12 PM
http://nasirkhan.wordpress.com/2006/01/06/give-bangladesh-a-break/

The above article pretty much tries to discuss the whole Bangladesh test scenario, and a bit of history on countries elevated to test status in cricket.

kalpurush
July 13, 2006, 07:14 PM
Does anyone has the lyric of the song "Who let the dog bark?" One of my colleagues was looking for it!It is not my type though!!

Bancan
July 13, 2006, 07:32 PM
Does anyone has the lyric of the song "Who let the dog bark?" One of my colleagues was looking for it!It is not my type though!!

i dont think there is any song by that name. there's one called "who let the dogs out'
if u really want to find the lyrics do a google search. its gonna be easier

thebest
July 13, 2006, 07:34 PM
actually in BBC article the journalist reminded Crow abt NZ record in her first 26 years not 6. On the other note, he asked legality of Murali. But if I remember correctly Pringle under his leadership actually acknowledged that he tempered ball to reverse swing againest Pakistan. So I think we have every right to ask that question. If he is so keen abt spirit of cricket what he did then

SMHasan
July 13, 2006, 08:23 PM
Martin, Mani then who else? Makkas Ali?

Shakalaka
July 13, 2006, 10:55 PM
Crow, Who?

His days are over. Just shut up and watch.

battye
July 14, 2006, 03:51 AM
He's just saying it while he can.. if he says this in a few years time people will laugh at him, because Bangladesh are on the improve, and will only get better.